PDA

View Full Version : computer help

Anakonda69
07-23-2007, 12:53 PM
my laptop suddenly has a pop-up problem but the more annoying thing is i have all this random music that starts playing in the background.....i can't find out where it is playing from or any new programs that might have leaked in thru the wireless network i used at the hotel this weekend.....i got some shit program called winspyware and it won't let me uninstall it because it says it's corrupted.....idk i'm lost any help anyone???

Brandon W.
07-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Lavasoft Adware Se....google it..download it...USE IT!!!..always works for me

Anakonda69
07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
ok doing so as we speak.....i used spybot on my computer...worked ok just wasn't sure if there was anything new out

Anakonda69
07-23-2007, 01:26 PM
idk what's up when i run a scan it gives me some error message when i try to remove the programs...guess i'm gonna have to mess with it some more

84hurst
07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I have the same prob with my laptop too. that shits annoying. so I'd love to find the solution as well. I think I got it through limewire.

pickardracing
07-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Download VundoFix.exe to your desktop. http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4

* Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
* Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
* You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
* When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
* Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
* You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
* Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
* When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
* Turn your computer back on.

Give that a try.

Anakonda69
07-23-2007, 02:51 PM
gonna give it a shot and see what happens

wikked
07-23-2007, 03:23 PM
I can always get rid of all of it for $20 :)

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
i ended up just dumping the drive...best buy looked at it for free....good ol' hotel network gave me 9 trojans, 7 anti-spyware,and i believe he said 2 viruses.....so last night just dumped the drive and rebooted it all...works fine now

Waver
07-25-2007, 10:20 AM
and your primary internet security program didnt see any of that?

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 10:25 AM
guess not....the guy at best buy went into great detail about network jumping and how u don't even need to click the ad's to get their programs and stuff....i was at therapy and my fiancee took it in cuz it's her laptop so i'm just going by what she told me geek squad said....no big deal i had to make 1 backup cd of pictures....she doesn't dl any mysic or anything so

Waver
07-25-2007, 10:28 AM
never heard of that.......ever.

wikked
07-25-2007, 12:11 PM
guess not....the guy at best buy went into great detail about network jumping and how u don't even need to click the ad's to get their programs and stuff....i was at therapy and my fiancee took it in

There is no such term or phrase as 'network jumping'.
All a bunch of b.s. to make himself look smart in front of a woman :)

Unless there was a black hat convention at the hotel, there's no way you're getting any spyware/virii without clicking/running/visiting seedy websites.

Waver
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
There is no such term or phrase a 'network jumping'.
All a bunch of b.s. to make himself look smart in front of a woman :)

Unless there was a black hat convention at the hotel, there's no way you're getting any spyware/virii without clicking/running/visiting seedy websites.
that is what I was thinking.

Holeshot
07-25-2007, 01:06 PM
First off you should be using Firefox not Intercrap explorer. Second run the software above. I run Ad Aware and Spybot at the same time. Let em both run and when both are done fix what Ad Aware finds first then spybot. If you don't , Spybot will think Ad Aware is spy ware and try to remove it. I also recommend CC cleaner. Good free clean up tool

Firefox has a great built in pop up blocker built in and it works really well.

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 01:38 PM
can someone give me a link to adware and spybot cuz the site i got them off before for my pc isn't there anymore....like i said just repeating what she was told...i believe that she had all the crap they said and since nothing was wrong till after i used the hotel network i can only assume thats where it all came from....and what do you recommend for a good clean up tool?

Holeshot
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
http://www.spybot.com/en/spybotsd/index.html
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html

Clean up tool http://www.download-ccleaner.com/ Then do a disk clean up defrag and reboot

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 01:55 PM
i had that version of adware and it wouldn't let me delete anything...kept getting and error message

xxsn0blindxx
07-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Boot into windows safe mode to run the spyware programs. A lot of times there is a spyware program running in the background preventing you from deleting the offending files or they will just respawn the next time you boot up. I also recommend a program called Ewido, you can google search it. Make sure that all of you spyware programs have been updated before you run them(do this in normal mode before going into safe mode). In a lot of cases the automated spyware programs won't fix everything and you need to go into the registry and manually search for and delete the spyware references. A lot of the time you have to boot from a CD and manually delete the offending files because they will actually prevent you from deleting the files when booting off of the hard drive. You should download a program called hijack this and remove any entries that don't belong. I'm not sure how technically savvy you are, but if you need help you can save the log file adn post it here and I or somebody else can go through it and tell you what to keep and what to remove.

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
i will continue to work with it..ad ware still doesn't work for me spybot did however....i will get those 2 new programs from snoblind see what i can do...thanks guys

wikked
07-25-2007, 02:31 PM
<--- hijack this mastah.

I don't run SB:S&D & AA together, and I've never had Spybot find AdAware as spyware, ever... maybe you had a crap copy :)

Anakonda69
07-25-2007, 03:10 PM
i just ran spybot and it didn't find adware either so...lol

xxsn0blindxx
07-25-2007, 03:25 PM
When I used to do this stuff every day I'd run all programs mentioned in this thread and in the majority of cases each program would find something the other didn't. Being thorough is the key when removing spyware, because once you reboot if there is one thing still there it usually respawns a whole bunch of garbage and you start over again. If there is anything that the programs find and they can't remove you MUST remove them manually, you can't simply ignore them. Alot of times there is still stuff that all those programs won't find and you have to really dig to find the root of the problem.

wikked
07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
^^^ yep.

Just running a program isn't always going to fix everything, sometimes you just gotta know what you're looking for, especially dicking around in the registry and such.