PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a roll bar install

loud91rs
07-21-2007, 08:53 PM
Anybody here do roll bars, or recommend somebody who does them? I don't think I need chromoly or anything, mild steel should be fine I think? I'm looking at an 8 pt setup. My interior is stripped, so it should be all set to do. Metz performance wants $2000 and I thought that was a bit steep but it was chromoly. Any suggestions or anything would be appreciated. Thanks!

Crawlin
07-21-2007, 10:33 PM
www.otedesign.com

Tom is the owner. Has done Bobby's stuff, Aaron's, Sam's, Andy's, MoparJim's, Me, etc....

can't go wrong.

badass88gt
07-21-2007, 10:48 PM
www.FuroRacing.com

ScottyK and AvoidedZ are among his customers that can speak for his work.

loud91rs
07-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Tom at OTE e-mailed me a price of $750 for mild steel...i'm thinkin I'm gonna go with him. Sound like a good price?

UnderPSI
07-23-2007, 09:54 AM
OTE would be my first choice.

juicedimpss
07-23-2007, 10:05 AM
www.FuroRacing.com

im sure tuff has something to say as well :rolf

Waver
07-23-2007, 10:09 AM
lets not go there

6forwardgears
07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
OTE would be my first choice.

OTE :headbang :thumbsup

scottie K
07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
heres some of furos work...

ones a iroc thats cerified to 7.50s

the other is all stock inteior with thats good for 8.50s

FourEyedFord
07-23-2007, 05:29 PM
OTE is the best! Tom has always done amazing work on my car!

scottie K
07-23-2007, 05:50 PM
OTE is the best! Tom has always done amazing work on my car!

how do you know hes the best? Hummmmmm? jk

scottie K
07-23-2007, 05:52 PM
i think hass or bickle are the best though

FourEyedFord
07-24-2007, 01:50 AM
i think hass or bickle are the best though

Man Scottie, whats with you and Tom at OTE? The guy asked for people's opinions, so I gave him mine. You gave yours, but did I comment on it, no. If you think Furo is the best than more power to you! :thumbsup

FourEyedFord
07-24-2007, 01:54 AM

How do I know hes the best? What, do you think you and Furo/Shane are the only ones who can get a mustang to 60ft around here? You will see.....:)

scottie K
07-24-2007, 06:41 AM
CALM DOWN..... DID U SEE J/K AT THE END OF SENTENCE....

PAT AT ROD AND COMPETION DOES VERY GOOD WORK....ALSO..
AND HES THE ONE THAT TAUGHT TOMMY HOW TO WELD....

SO RELAX AND QUIT NUT SWINGING...I ONLY HAD 1 POST ABOUT FURO U GUYS HAD HOW MANY POST ABOUT TOMMY?

im not gona get in an argument over this... i was joking around... so if you want to turn this into 1 its up to u....

remember i offerd to help u out and save you 600.00
Btw when any of tommys cars can 60 ft better then 1.28 on the back wheels in a stock susp car..... u will not ever here a word . and i will say sorry

scottie K
07-24-2007, 06:43 AM

SEE TH ( JK ) THAT = JOKING

Crawlin
07-24-2007, 08:47 AM
my little small block went 1.39 on the back

so give me the big cube and 300 shot to me little 125 and we'll see who gets out :)

j/k itchy ball sack

Darrell
07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
www.FuroRacing.com

Me too! I went 1.32 60 foot with my naturally aspirated junk small block with Furo chassis work.

FourEyedFord
07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
CALM DOWN..... DID U SEE J/K AT THE END OF SENTENCE....

PAT AT ROD AND COMPETION DOES VERY GOOD WORK....ALSO..
AND HES THE ONE THAT TAUGHT TOMMY HOW TO WELD....

SO RELAX AND QUIT NUT SWINGING...I ONLY HAD 1 POST ABOUT FURO U GUYS HAD HOW MANY POST ABOUT TOMMY?

im not gona get in an argument over this... i was joking around... so if you want to turn this into 1 its up to u....

remember i offerd to help u out and save you 600.00
Btw when any of tommys cars can 60 ft better then 1.28 on the back wheels in a stock susp car..... u will not ever here a word . and i will say sorry

Scottie you are on crack dude! Pat taught Tom how to weld?! :rolf
Oh, I see now, you are just pissed because a bunch of people go to Tom to get their stuff done instead of where you go. Just because I think the work that Tom does on my car is outstanding and I post up on here to share my experiences, that makes me a nutswinger? Whatever Scottie, you WILL see two cars for sure in the near future 60ft their asses off, not to mention on ****** radials too!

wheelsofsteel
07-24-2007, 02:12 PM

Well, ask him who welded in the shock mounts on Gavins Nova and why???

DoubleAron
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Try the search function.

One thing you will find is that it's the same comments by the same people everytime. Everyone has there opinions. Only thing with Scottie it was Shane the last couple years now it's Furo, next year it will be someone else.:rolleyes:

Do some calling around, visit some shops, etc. Don't just go by what you read on the net. There are good and bad everywhere. There is something bad on the net about every shop out there.

juicedimpss
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Try the search function.

One thing you will find is that it's the same comments by the same people everytime. Everyone has there opinions. Only thing with Scottie it was Shane the last couple years now it's Furo, next year it will be someone else.:rolleyes:

Do some calling around, visit some shops, etc. Don't just go by what you read on the net. There are good and bad everywhere. There is something bad on the net about every shop out there.

now thats the most intelligent post yet.
:thumbsup

scottie K
07-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh, I see now, you are just pissed because a bunch of people go to Tom to get their stuff done instead of where you go. Just because I think the work that Tom does on my car is outstanding and I post up on here to share my experiences, that makes me a nutswinger? Whatever Scottie, you WILL see two cars for sure in the near future 60ft their asses off, not to mention on ****** radials too!

im not pissed at all nor do i hate tom.... i refer people to all differnt chassis people not just , shane , furo . pat nitrous pigs so forth...And matter of fact i have referd tommy..... reason i refer people to shane or furo cuz they did me grate favors or helped me out....!!!!!dude you are a nut swinger tommy this tommy that then you say how expensive he is but he does good work..????
you took this thing way outa contex again!!!!
You need calm the ffuk down...

and for the 60ft stuff i hope you do out sixty me on a drag radial....
AND PS OUR WILL BE ON A DRAG RADIAL IN THE NEAR FUTURE ALSO... THATS HOW WE SET THE CAR UP FOR.......

SO AGAIN RE READ EVERY THING AND TELL ME IM BASHING OR TALKED TRASH ABOUT ANYBODY BE FOR YOU PISSED ME OFF....

scottie K
07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I Can Tell You This ... This Is Onther Reason Were Selling Our Junk Pile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

scottie K
07-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Try the search function.

... there wont be anybody else... to much poitics involved.. thats why we want out.......

but you are right shop around.....

Adamsy87
07-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I've had Tom do a bunch of things on my car and he will be helping me out with my chassis soon! He is a nice guy to work with and does an amazing job.

Just my experience!

NitrousPig
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
... there wont be anybody else... to much poitics involved.. thats why we want out.......

but you are right shop around.....

NUTSWINGER!!!:rolf.

We don't do much in mild steel any more but that doesn't mean it's a worthless material. $750 for a mild steel cage is fair.

Reverend Cooper
07-24-2007, 10:09 PM
im sure tuff has something to say as well :rolf

what? he's not gettin' paid :rolf

scottie K
07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
NUTSWINGER!!!:rolf.

We don't do much in mild steel any more but that doesn't mean it's a worthless material. $750 for a mild steel cage is fair.

hahaha

FourEyedFord
07-24-2007, 11:46 PM
im not pissed at all nor do i hate tom.... i refer people to all differnt chassis people not just , shane , furo . pat nitrous pigs so forth...And matter of fact i have referd tommy..... reason i refer people to shane or furo cuz they did me grate favors or helped me out....!!!!!dude you are a nut swinger tommy this tommy that then you say how expensive he is but he does good work..????
you took this thing way outa contex again!!!!
You need calm the ffuk down...

and for the 60ft stuff i hope you do out sixty me on a drag radial....
AND PS OUR WILL BE ON A DRAG RADIAL IN THE NEAR FUTURE ALSO... THATS HOW WE SET THE CAR UP FOR.......

SO AGAIN RE READ EVERY THING AND TELL ME IM BASHING OR TALKED TRASH ABOUT ANYBODY BE FOR YOU PISSED ME OFF....

"reason i refer people to shane or furo cuz they did me grate favors or helped me out....!!!!!" This is the same reason I try to refer anyone that needs fab work to Tom. Hes done me plenty of favors, and the work has always turned out nice. THE SAME THING YOU DO, BUT YET IT MAKES ME A NUTSWINGER?

And I said that OTE was expensive? Is that how you took me saying that you get what you pay for? You are fukin' nuts Scottie! That was my way of letting you down nicely about you offering to do the mini tubs because I did not want you to hack up my car.

Do whatever you want with the car, or sell it because of all the "drama". :rolleyes: Then don't start it! Go ahead and hate me if you want too, but none of this would have started if you would have just kept your trap shut!

FourEyedFord
07-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Well, ask him who welded in the shock mounts on Gavins Nova and why???

Are you serious, you must not know the full story! Give me a freakin' break Brad! :rolleyes:

scottie K
07-25-2007, 06:40 AM
"reason i refer people to shane or furo cuz they did me grate favors or helped me out....!!!!!" This is the same reason I try to refer anyone that needs fab work to Tom. Hes done me plenty of favors, and the work has always turned out nice. THE SAME THING YOU DO, BUT YET IT MAKES ME A NUTSWINGER?

And I said that OTE was expensive? Is that how you took me saying that you get what you pay for? You are fukin' nuts Scottie! That was my way of letting you down nicely about you offering to do the mini tubs because I did not want you to hack up my car.

Do whatever you want with the car, or sell it because of all the "drama". :rolleyes: Then don't start it! Go ahead and hate me if you want too, but none of this would have started if you would have just kept your trap shut!

*******YOUR THE ONE THAT STARTED THIS CRAP *****AGAIN BY TAKING IT OUTA CONTEX****** I WAS JOKING AND YOU TOOK IT TO ANOTHER LEVEL.. YOUR YOUNG AND NIEVE YET*** ....

YES YOU TOLD ME UP AT CULVERS WHAT TOM IS CHARGING YOU FOR SOME STUFF ** AND YOU SAID ITS A LITTLE PRICEY BUT HE DOES GOOD WORK!!! EXACT WORDS...
.... AND WHAT MAKES ME A FFUKN HACK??? TELL ME PLEASE.....OR TELL ME WHATS HACKED UP ABOUT MY CAR.... GO AHEAD SMART AZZ.. I KNOW HOW TO MINI TUB A MUSTANG ... PLUS I FELT BAD CUZ YOU SAID YOU WERE RUNNING OUT OF MONEY!~!!!! THATS WHY I OFFERD TO HELP FOR FREE... I DIDNT ASK FOR 1 PENNEY .. BUT YOU WERE TO WORRIED THAT TOM WOULD GET BENT .........!!!!!
SO ONCE AGIAIN A HARMLESS JOKE YOU TURNED INTO A PISSIN MATCH .... WANA KEEP GOING ??

scottie K
07-25-2007, 06:41 AM
Are you serious, you must not know the full story! Give me a freakin' break Brad! :rolleyes:

BOBBY thers alot you dont know... but this i will not get involved in .... non of my bizzz

wheelsofsteel
07-25-2007, 08:33 AM

No, YOU must not know the full story. I have known both Pat and Tom since you were in grade school. So don't even try to tell me what I know and don't know. Tom knows what I know and don't know.

Not to mention, why do you have to answer for Tom??? He obviously is a member of this site since he PM'd rather then repling/posting himself.

Here's the deal Bobby. This all stems from when someone asking for a recomendation like this instead of just stating "I get my work done by Tom at OTE, here is his number" you take it to the extreme. You extend that with "he's the shiznit, the best ever, blah, blah, blah".

FourEyedFord
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
You know what you guys, I am fukin' done on the internet!!!
If you want to go at it some more just give me a call on my cell phone, you both have my number. Brad, I know my fair share of stories because Tom has filled me in on them, also. You guys are unbelievable!

DONE!!!

wheelsofsteel
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
Brad, I know my fair share of stories because Tom has filled me in on them, also. You guys are unbelievable!

DONE!!!

See, the difference is what you hear is "stories", where I KNOW the truth.

wheelsofsteel
07-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Dude, you get so offended when someone else make a suggestion/recommendation for a shop other then the one you go to.
There are other people that have had great experiences like you have had but other shops in town. But when they make their suggestion it such a big deal with you.

Waver
07-25-2007, 11:47 AM
I love lamp

DoubleAron
07-25-2007, 11:56 AM
It sure is a nice day out today isn't it?

Cutlass Queen
07-25-2007, 12:53 PM
It sure is a nice day out today isn't it?

*Mr. Rogers theme song* It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood......:rolf:rolf

NitrousPig
07-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I love lamp

I luv carpet!

scottie K
07-25-2007, 04:34 PM
carpet munchen:thumbsup

NitrousPig
07-25-2007, 09:21 PM
carpet munchen:thumbsup

Or in my case cleaning the hardwood...

scottie K
07-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Or in my case cleaning the hardwood...

:stare CLEANING THE HARDWOOD :wow EASY CHIPERS

YOU MENT KEEPING THE RUN WAY CLEAN:headbang:rolf

loud91rs
07-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow I was just askin who has had experience with who and who liked who...thanks for all the information guys! Just wanted to do a little homework before I bit the bullet.

scottie K
07-26-2007, 12:00 AM
do some more shopping goto ther shops check out ther work so forth price / workman ship/ time? / pay attention to detail....

there are so many people thats would capible of doing this

i have a list of people and phone numbers if your interested PM me

NitrousPig
07-26-2007, 06:54 AM
:stare CLEANING THE HARDWOOD :wow EASY CHIPERS

YOU MENT KEEPING THE RUN WAY CLEAN:headbang:rolf

Nope she has no runway there it's just like tile hahahaha:thumbsup

On a serious note Scotty is right. Don't just look at one shop, look around there are dozens of people in the area that can do a good job. Check out they're other work and welding skills...pay a bit more money for someone that has good fabrication and welding skills.