PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Softball Players

Silver350
07-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Seeing I Only Have 5 People That Will For Sure Will Be Playing I Have No Other Choice Then To Forfit Tonights Game.

sidewayzbimmer
07-20-2007, 11:57 AM
come on guys lets get together. I can get extras if we need them!

Silver350
07-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I already called parks and rec and forfitted. I called about 15 people to try and get them to play and they couldnt and then I had them start searching for me. enough is enough. This is the third week in a row i had to scramble for subs, and last week we almost had to forfit because we only had 8 on the bench.

wikked
07-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Sounds like every fantasy league I'm in... everyone's in at first... then by the end there are like 5 dedicated people.

Blah.

Silver350
07-20-2007, 12:25 PM
There are some guys that cannot make it because they have to work that is understandable, but it just is getting old having to search for players.

Silver350
07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
The thing that sucks is this

Jer - No longer play (we all know why)
Jon - Only showed twice. he said he will be there next week till the end of the year. I will not hold my breath.

I been having Ray-Ray Play for Jer but he can no longer play with us because he is in tournaments thru august now.

One of my subs Glen said he would sub well he found another team that was short guys that he now plays on there team so he cannot make our games all the time.

So that leaves me with 5 subs that i can use. today I only have three that are free. and 5 guys that will either be late or not make it.

sidewayzbimmer
07-20-2007, 12:32 PM
agree If we ever need any i have people always asking me. Anyways give me a friday night to do whatever with now.

Cryptic
07-20-2007, 01:16 PM
:( Guess its Matty Gras or Waukesha County Fair for me then :alcoholic

hrsp
07-20-2007, 03:37 PM
damn i coulda played tonight for ya..(if i was allowed to bt the league)

next year i'm so in its not even funny!!!!!!!!!!! (if bcm does it again next year)

Korndogg
07-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I have a feeling we wont be doing this again.

sidewayzbimmer
07-20-2007, 05:14 PM
we WILL be doing it again. Im sure we can put something together. Even though our record sucks its fun

Feature Pony
07-20-2007, 05:21 PM
we WILL be doing it again. Im sure we can put something together. Even though our record sucks its fun

I'm down for next year I missed last 2 weeks because my neck hurt and I had plans last friday. I was ready to play today, even getting out of work early now. I think if we do this next year we should do a thursday or wednesday night, I think it will be easier to make those days without breaking weekend plans just my .02.:thumbsup

70challenger
07-20-2007, 05:28 PM
i could play for ya. just give me some advance notice and directions. i could also bring some other people too if needed.

Silver350
07-20-2007, 05:51 PM
I am uncertain about next year right now.

If I do a team it will not be at konkel. A good place would to be at Big Bend on Monday night. That night is a Level E league so it is more for people to learn how to play and have fun that is what we need to do not to be on a league that is open to what ever class.

Lash
07-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I could probably play depending on what time the games are. I played a TON back in the day (mostly overhand hardball)...but haven't in a good 5 years. I'm sure I've still got it though :goof.

Big Bend is waaaay closer to me so I'd be in for sure next year!

Feature Pony
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
yeah, I think we need to get out of the "Pro Softball League" I still have fun though, I figured we still don't do half bad considering the teams we play that have 10+ years of experience.

PB86MCSS
07-20-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry to hear about the forfeit...hopefully next week there is enough to play? Hate to see the team fall apart due to people dropping out...at least the season is almost over I guess.

I play at Coachhouse in Big Bend on Thursdays, my first year there...pretty fun league and place to play compared to most leagues IMO.

70challenger
07-21-2007, 01:23 AM
I am uncertain about next year right now.

If I do a team it will not be at konkel. A good place would to be at Big Bend on Monday night. That night is a Level E league so it is more for people to learn how to play and have fun that is what we need to do not to be on a league that is open to what ever class.

i play on mondays at coach house (in big bend) and its actually kind of a competative league. its a pretty good time though and there are lots of prizes and contests for drinking and gameplay.

fireguyrick
07-21-2007, 04:49 PM
Crap, If I new it was that bad I would have just called in sick to work. Not like they would have really done anything to me about it.

Sorry guys. Unfortunatly that is a crap thing about having a revolving on call schedule for me.

Rick

Nix
07-21-2007, 05:03 PM
I remember inquiring about playing with you guys before it even started and I was told by you that you didnt need anyone else. I said if you ever need a sub send me a pm and you said that you had plenty of people and that you were good in that department too.:rolleyes: I have been playing up at crotch house for years and this is the first year that Im actually not playing up there but my folks live a mile away and I work in waukesha and that is why I was willing to help you guys out and mostly becuse I love playing ball. Im not the greatest player but I still give 100% effort even though Im a cripple now and slow.:(