PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Electric motor for air compressor.

pickardracing
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
Must be for 230V, must be at least 3HP, prefer 5HP.

Also prefer a single phase. Needs the 4-bolt plate on the bottom.

LMK if anyone has one in good working shape.

Car Guy
07-18-2007, 02:57 PM
I have one but I'm not sure what the HP rating is, let me check and get back to you......

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

pickardracing
07-18-2007, 03:08 PM
let me know, im in desperate need.

67-400
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Its the total compressor, i'd say its a 30 gallon or somethin, its at my work. I know you said you PREFER a single phase, but does that mean you would accept a 3 phase? The nameplate says this...........

HP: 5
Volts: 230/460
RPM: 3510
Amp: 14/7
Hertz: 60
3 Phase

Lemme know :thumbsup

pickardracing
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Unfortunately I'm not too sure what the difference is between the 'phase' things.

All I know is that my current one is a 3 hp single phase, so I figure stick with what I got...

The motor on my compressor doesnt have the nuts to get the compressor head started anymore. Once it starts, it's fine, but most of the time it can't kick it over to start it again and it flips the breaker.

Also, I'm adding another tank to my setup, so I figure get something with a bit more nuts.

Here's the sticker on the one I got now. Honestly, I dont know WTF I need, just that this one is crap.

http://i7.tinypic.com/62qkec9.jpg

Breecher_7
07-18-2007, 06:07 PM
3 phase is only used in industrial applications. 3 phase power is not offered in residential areas, I wish it was. In order to run a 3 phase motor on single phase power you would need a VFD. So unless you got a grand to throw out the window for a VFD, 3 phase is not an option. You can get a new one from grainger if you need it quick. Just call them with the Frame code and the HP you want, that is all the info they should need to see whats available. If not, I BELIEVE Baldor Motors has a plant in mukwonago or in that general area. That is a very comon framed motor, you should have ALOT of options.