PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on DiabloSport?

Boostaddct
07-17-2007, 09:53 AM
What does everyone think about DiabloSport tuners? Are they quality? Are many people using them?

BAD LS1
07-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Going to be used on what?

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 10:14 AM
In the S197 world, it's the SCT software that's taking over, very few people use Diablosport.

Boostaddct
07-17-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm not talking about a specific application or car necessarily. I was just wondering because I have the opportunity to add them to my vendors and be an authorized distributor for them. I don't really know if it is worth my time or not so I'd like to see what you guys think about them.

BAD LS1
07-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Well they are handy from their limited adjustability standpoint. I know with GM stuff you can go + - 10 % on fueling and timing etc...

Personally if your going more than bolt ons, you need a real tuning program. Email tuning/mail orders in a hand held arent gonna cut it if your cammed etc...

I delbt with this on a TB-SS this past spring where a guy bought a mail order tune (vector motorsports) and it was pretty weak. I tuned it in person one night at GLD with my HPT program and it went from 14.7's to 13.5's and i thought the guy was gonna give me his first born lol.

I cant wait till HPT finalizes ford tuning in the next update, then i can take care of all the local 96+ 2V and 4V's

0TransAm0
07-17-2007, 02:43 PM
i used the diablo sport till i got the cam put in then tom tuned my car. but i still have it for ses lights and real time data if i need it.

Boostaddct
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the wisdom guys.....I think I will still setup an account with them just to widen my product offerings. Is HPT pretty much the way to go for LSx cars then?

USMARINE1108
07-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Since I got a tune, I only use it for checking codes or playing around with the real time data.

Poncho
07-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Well they are handy from their limited adjustability standpoint. I know with GM stuff you can go + - 10 % on fueling and timing etc...

Personally if your going more than bolt ons, you need a real tuning program. Email tuning/mail orders in a hand held arent gonna cut it if your cammed etc...

I delbt with this on a TB-SS this past spring where a guy bought a mail order tune (vector motorsports) and it was pretty weak. I tuned it in person one night at GLD with my HPT program and it went from 14.7's to 13.5's and i thought the guy was gonna give me his first born lol.

I cant wait till HPT finalizes ford tuning in the next update, then i can take care of all the local 96+ 2V and 4V's

don't forget my little 6.