PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate APT living rant.

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 10:13 PM
So, I live in a very nice APT in Sussex. You know the type, private entrance, private garage, new construction so you can't hear your neighbors having sex (yeah, there are some disadvatages:rolf). Why is it that every single APT complex like this bans working, or even WASHING you car there? I mean I have to go over to Lit's house just to wash my car, it's sickening. Tomorrow my car goes to Marvs for SS brake lines, slotted/drilled rotors, and Hawks pads. Normally this is a job I would do myself (although I don't own a bleeding kit, which is easily obtained), but I felt nervous putting on a set of axelbacks at my place, and that didn't require jackstands!! I mean I was actually worried about someone seeing me under my car and reporting me. If the car had the rims off on jackstands, I KNOW someone would report it, and I would get the boot. Anyone else have this retarded problem.

And yeah, I could own a house, but ask anyone who's single how owning a house alone is. Hell, it's like you're married to the house. I would rather live in an APT, have time to do other stuff, and just come go into a local forum and ***** about it. Sounds like a very American thing to do:durr

Nix
07-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Are you having a bad evening? :goof

The apt I lived in in New Berlin (Hidden Creek) allowed me to all of my own things that you speak of with no problems. My buddy use to live over in Sussex, Im gonna guess you live somewhere near or off of Clover Drive?

moels
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I am single and have a house and love it because I am not throwing money away at rent.

flyin_blue_egg
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
^^that right there is a very big reason to buy a house...plus when you get sick of your current house you can sell it...can you say that bout your APT

hrsp
07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
I am single and have a house and love it because I am not throwing money away at rent.

the truth

if you can "afford" to own a house or even a condo its GREAT!!!!

SmokinRAM114
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
stanman, to me it sounds like your married, just that its a pony. lol

Jeff
07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
The only reason Heidi and I are living in an apartment is to try living together while she does her last year of school, but next summer we look for a house :headbang. BTW at our apartment we can wash the car and change our oil but they made it known that we can ONLY change oil, but its their problem if my wrench happens to stray off the oil plug :rolf

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Now a condo I could do. A house? Been down that road, and even though I made $60K on it when it sold, it was because, again, I was busting my ass every weekend, and basically sold any fun time I had for that $60K, and there were 2 of us!!!! So, 5 years of no fun, or the 30K I had extra (I had to split it with the X of course). Give me the 5 years back anyday.

And it's not throwing $$$ away. I am paying to have a roof over my head, just like everyone else. I can just leave at any time and get a new place without having to worry about carrying 2 mortgages, or if the water heater is going to break, or blah, blah, blah. The peace of mind and ease of an APT is almost priceless in my mind!!

Nix
07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Clover Drive?

moels
07-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I wasn't knocking you in any way, to each their own. My point was with a mortgage you are paying towards equity. That is all.

LIL EVO
07-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Just work on it. In my experience, as long as you pay rent and aren't an asshole you shouldn't have any major issues.

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Clover Drive?

Stonegate Court, The Seasons.

And Moels, I didn't take offense, it takes quite a bit to offend me:rolf I was just letting everyone into my mind for a second. Scary huh?:goof

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
stanman, to me it sounds like your married, just that its a pony. lol

Haha, you wouldn't beleive how many time I have heard that. My car even has a name amongst my non-car friends who don't understand my obsession. They call her "Patty" (as in Peppermint Patty because of the paint scheme), and all I ever here is "oh, you can't come to the (insert function they want me to come to here) because you have to take Patty to the car show, HWY, driving through the Kettle Moraine forest on a fall day, blah, blah, blah. Funny how car people just don't get it isn't it??

hrsp
07-16-2007, 11:25 PM
wish i had a "patty" lol

Slow Joe
07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
:rolf At my old apartment we weren't supposed to work on cars, but that never stopped me...

I'm not sure if we're supposed to here or not, but the building manager does, another guy did, and I changed oil here once thus far so it's not gunna stop me...

Waver
07-17-2007, 09:05 AM
The condo association where I live dosnt want people working on their cars if there is any fluid involved. It kind of sucks, but what are you going to do?

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 10:10 AM
The condo association where I live dosnt want people working on their cars if there is any fluid involved. It kind of sucks, but what are you going to do?

What am I going to do?? Come on the internet and whine abou it, that's what:rolf

Breecher_7
07-17-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, if you can afford a house, why the hell would you rent? Its just pissing money away for no reason when you could be putting money towards a appreciating item such as a house. I dont get your logic on that at all... Renting is stupid if you can afford to buy.

Teufelhunden
07-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah, you're stupid Stanman.:goof The BCMwiseman (breecher) has spoken (even though someone sorta said the same thing already).

Breecher_7
07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, you're stupid Stanman.:goof The BCMwiseman (breecher) has spoken (even though someone sorta said the same thing already).

Im aware of this.... I was just reiderating the point... :thumbsup :stare

BAD LS1
07-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Yes house or condo FTW! Its nice having a 28x28 garage as a shop! and no one can say shit about it haha