PDA

View Full Version : St. Dominik's car show rant

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Now, before all of you start, I didn't drink any Hater-Ade or anything else, I am just making an observation.

I entered the St. Dom's car show yesterday (I don't know if anyone else from here was there, if they did, they didn't come up and talk to me, besides Catnhat, and perhaps he can chime in here also). I don't know how it was judged besides the single "People's Choice" trophy, but in my opinion they need some new blood. Now, I didn't win anything. Not a big deal, I have went to numerous shows and not won anything, and could see where the judges were coming from. But, when every single trophy besides 1 (I'll get to that later) goes to a pre-74 GM product, which is what happened yesterday, somethings up, lol. I mean there were a lot of nice Mopars there, and some nice older Fords as well, as well as some awesome new GM products. I mean there was a Solstice there with a 6.0L conversion in it, how can THAT not win????? I am thinking the judges at these shows need to A. accept the fact that alot of the newer cars are nice to, and B. when you're judgeing, keep your personal preferences out of it, no matter HOW hard it is. I mean I am a Ford/Mopar guy. I voted for CatNHat, the car that won "People's choice", and the Solstice.

BTW-the car that won "People's Choice" was an original 69 GT500KR. How can that show up at ANY show in the country and not win numerous awards??? But if it weren't for the PC award, it wouldn't have taken home anything, and that's sad, because you can't swing a dead cat by the tail at a car show without hitting a 57 Chevy, but how many GT500KR's are you going to see in your lifetime of going to shows??? Sad I tell you. Sorry for the rant, lol!!

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Really? No-one has an opinion on this? I am still on BCM right?? I mean people on here give their opinions on EVERYTHING, even if they don't know about the subject!!!

pOrk
07-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Not too many car show people in here.

I personally don't care for trophy hunters, so you won't hear a peep from me.

Yooformula
07-17-2007, 01:32 AM
I gave up on local shows unless they are hosted by late model owners.

Syclone0044
07-17-2007, 02:00 AM
It seems to me that a lot of "car show people" are into nostalgia and/or "wow factor" more than legitimate performance or impressive fabrication and motor swaps. Maybe that's what you ran into here?

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 06:46 AM
You get used to it. That kinda stuff used to bother me alot, but not anymore. I don't expect to win any trophy's at any shows. Most local shows are very clique-ish to begin with.

I will say with a late model car it's hard for some people to even know what they are looking at. The older cars are what people remember. They know the difference between a 67-68-69 Camaro. Nobody knows the difference between a 98-99-00-01-02 Camaro. So unless you do something different, theres nothing to make the newer cars standout.

JC70SS
07-17-2007, 07:48 AM
I actually was there with Yellow Wagon and sent him a PM yesterday about the rigged judging. The worst was the best of show winner which was an MG?? How gay!! And the guy was a parish member so you know he was donating money. I will not be back there next year! That judging sucked dog balls!

JohnnyT
07-17-2007, 07:51 AM
Should we get into why the impressive and clean imports don't get any respect too???

Yea, I didn't think so...

There are a lot of issues with local shows, not really worth worrying about...

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 07:58 AM
The best thing to do is not attend the shows that do crap like that. It's why I no longer do the Pontiac Show. Every year I did it the same kid would win. Who's parents just happened to be members of the GTO club that put the show on.

jbiscuit
07-17-2007, 08:02 AM
You basically have to go to these shows just for the fun of it....to see other cars and have a good time with friends. If you get bent outta shape over the judging etc you are bound to rip your hair out. I think you can find issues with every show and the judging etc... I dealt with the same nonsense back when I used to do the import shows. They favor their friends. Simple as that. I thought the St. Dominics show overall was a good time. Some nice cars out there. The GT500KR was really impressive...he doesn't need a trophy from a Brookfield parish to prove that. Is it kind of funny that an MG won Best of Show? Sure....but oh well.

We'll probably go back next year just because I can honestly say it was one of the few shows this summer where people actually wanted to talk about the car and ask questions etc rather than just peek at it, point out a stone chip or a pit in the chrome and move on. I did have one guy ask a stupid question though: "How much does it cost to buy one of these things?"

HUH?

b4mytm
07-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Alot of local shows are like this,but like it has been said before you don't go to get a trophy...you go to have fun.It does suck when you see something that realy should have no chance of winning win,but what are you going to do.It's a local show.In this case a show run by a church.
I have only won 2 awards with my car.One from Borchardts last year when it rained....pretty much if you showed up that year you got a trophy.
The other was a club award at world of wheels a couple of years ago.Unfortunately I didn't get to enjoy it because everybody said I only won because I work for Konkel,which was not the case since he had nothing to do with the judging.
I don't plan on winning....would it be nice? sure,but that is not why I go to shows.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Becky you deserve a trophy for putting up with everyone. lol

jbiscuit
07-17-2007, 09:04 AM
We should make Becky an award.

Anyone got any construction paper and a crayon? :rolf

b4mytm
07-17-2007, 09:09 AM
We should make Becky an award.

Anyone got any construction paper and a crayon? :rolf

It would go right on the fridge with all of the pictures the kids have made.:)

Waver
07-17-2007, 09:14 AM
I got the crayon...now who is good at making backwards r's????

Hell, if i enter a show with my car, or even show my car, I do it just to do it....Id rather have people look at my car and ask me questions about it....to me that is better than a trophy

jbiscuit
07-17-2007, 09:19 AM
you'd be better off just running some race gas to pick up 7 tenths than win a trophy. I totally agree

moels
07-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Trophy's are nice and all, but they are hard to come by these days. Judging is never right in someones eye. If you have judges, they could be biased to a certain style or make of car. If you have participant judging, you have the whole buddy system thing.

Also Stanman, with as many 05 and up stangs like ours, it is really hard to stand out amongst them all.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I actually prefer having Judges over participent voting. But theres not alot of those shows around here.

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Like I said, NBD that I didn't win, there were LOTS of cars much nicer than mine there. But yeah, I forgot about the MG winning best of show, now THAT was retarded. Again, doesn't anyone think that a REAL GT500KR should win numerous trophies at EVERY show it goes to??? And there were nice Mopars there to!!!! Again, my car didn't deserve to win, but the cars that DID win didn't deserve it either.

A B4C Z
07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
By the way Yellow Wagon your car is the shit. Its screaming big block:) I walked the show there were some nice cars there. One being that hemi, red roadrunner. That car was done correctly from what i can tell. That car stood out being it had a hemi. People dont look at new cars as winning shows really because you can pop the hood on any newer car and its all plastic. Theres really nothing to admire about them. Belive me my dad has a 1972 nova that wins lots of trohpies. I have a 2002 camaro its just as clean. I would not take it to a show and intent to win. Its hard to judge a new car. There were 2 brand new z06 cars if they really planned on winning theres a problem. Its just a corvette. You can go get one off the showroom yet and they were basically stock. New cars at a car show are more of something to go look at so you dont have to go to the dealer i think.

67-400
07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
I went to a show up off Appleton Ave this year, forget the name of it, but when I went to enter in, the guy at the drive said "Your too new." :wow Alright, i'm far too reserved to argue that, so I figure whatever & go park & walk. Yah, I agree there are a he11 of alot of cars out there back from the 60's or whenever that are kick a55 but, I think mine is still pretty nice! Being all original paint & miles @ 46,xxx. Anyways, as i was walkin around, I saw a couple of late 90's corvettes roll in and the guy passed em in! :mad: Oh well, I left after that. Not much of a carshow/trophy chaser for that matter. WI Dells, now thats a different story! :thumbsup

CATNHAT
07-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I got there late and drove by Stanman on the way in. Wish I could have parked next to him, cool to have 2 "new school" cars parked together.

I thought the judging was extremely lame and the caller had absolutely no patience. What was up with an MG winning best of Show? I like most kinds of cool cars but what the hell is an MG anyway? WTF???

Bobs Mustang is very nice, its the Shiz-Nit! When he took off he go in it a little and everone turned around-I was literally cracking up!! When we left my 4 kids said "daddy can we leave loud like the white Mustang?" They loved it!

Looks like I need to invest in some headers!!

Hope to see you again on Sunday at "Soar-Ends" all Ford show.

GRM-REPR
07-17-2007, 02:00 PM
This thread boggles me? I don't understand what everyones "gripe" is about anyways.

Does anyone bother to check histories on auto shows before attending them? It is a tradition in America to have 1. Antique shows and 2. Classic car shows.

I'm the biggest fan of the old stuff, but I do like some new stuff. Real car shows in all the sense of the term, have cars that are at least 20 years old, making them classic. Cars older than 25 years old are considered antiques.

I hear people whine about why they can't get their 99' Firebird into Automotion, or 05' Mustang either. It is a Classic/Antique show, I've seen exceptions made for early 90's models (don't know why), but there seems to be a small gray area as to whom may be allowed in.

IOLA's is the same way. It in every sense of the term IS an Antique car show. Only cars I belive up to 76' or so may be entered.

I don't know much about the show you attended but you DO sound pissed to a degree. Why should you be? You have a nice car, but maybe to the people judging it it didnt stand out as anything special or deserving of any trophy? I've seen your car on highway many times, and it is very cool, it's just nostalgic or classic (yet).

And to the comment made by Yoo about not going to "those" shows anymore, that is fine with the people who host them. They don't want your "moderns" there anyways. There are plenty of off beat shows out there that don't want old school there because it's not what they are into.

My 2cents, not out to anger anyone.

CATNHAT
07-17-2007, 02:07 PM
By the way, I voted for Stanman, the Green Hemi, and the Blue Z06.

I also voted fo rthe hot blonde in the halter top, twice.:licky

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 02:30 PM
I am not angry about not winning for the bizillionth time. MY CAR DIDN'T DESERVE TO WIN!!!!! My point is the judges were biased, and it was blatant, and that's wrong.

SmokinRAM114
07-17-2007, 02:44 PM
But if it weren't for the PC award, it wouldn't have taken home anything, and that's sad, because you can't swing a dead cat by the tail at a car show without hitting a 57 Chevy

NOW THATS SOME FUNNY SHIET:rolf:rolf

GRM-REPR
07-17-2007, 02:54 PM
My point is the judges were biased, and it was blatant, and that's wrong.

Yup, that is how every show is done, bias and blatancy.:rolleyes:

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Yep it's a good old boys show. Thankfully I know of one show that actually benefits me that way. So I know I should atleast get one trophy a year. lol

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Yup, that is how every show is done, bias and blatancy.:rolleyes:

Ok. Were you there? Were you one of the judges or something? You seem to be a little defensive over this subject, so either you were involved in some way, or you're talking out of ignorance about the matter. Other people have chimed in that were there, and they saw the same thing I did. So what's your beef??

Poncho
07-17-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll just say this.

It usually takes alot more time and money to have a perfect condition '65 Mustang than a '05 Mustang. I rarely vote for a newer car unless it really really really stands out.

That being said, when my GTP was fully modded, I lost to a '02 Monte Carlo SS that had dubs and a riced out body kit. Stock engine, trans, brakes, suspension, etc. Whereas my GTP had pretty much everything done. With the current whip, it's far too boring looking to ever make any impact @ a show, other than make haters fans when it runs and they hear the auditory stuff and and watch it take off and they realize it actually is RWD and goes like hell compared to their old iron.

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 04:29 PM
All the shows I have attended had very little rice in them, like almost none. Now if I got beat out by a riced out stockish civic, then I would REALLY be ranting. But again, there were LOTS of cars that deserved the trophies over mine, and TONS that deserved the trohpies over the cars that won.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Import guys should be happy they don't go to domestic shows. Import shows usually have hot ass women. Domestic shows, ummm not so much.

GRM-REPR
07-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok. Were you there? Were you one of the judges or something? You seem to be a little defensive over this subject, so either you were involved in some way, or you're talking out of ignorance about the matter. Other people have chimed in that were there, and they saw the same thing I did. So what's your beef??

First off I don't need to be at the 1,000 car show event of the spring/summer because I've been to plenty already. You went to a show where OBVIOUSLY they are NOT interested in your car, your type of car or anything else made after in the 80's or 90's.

I'm not being defensive. I'm showing a perspective of the hobby that no one else seems to be touching on. And for the 2nd time, yes, you are pissed. Your last post on this goofy thread shows it. You've seen some rice at other car show you've been to? See, now you are ripping on other shows and judges because that is there love. Obviously you must be going to all entrance shows, not Classic/Antique. Do you have proof that someone is rigging a stinkin' car show? That is ridiculous. Save the term ignorance for a racial topic. We are discussing a matter of cars. You feel jipped. Admit it or not. You came on here to rant. You speak of rigging and bias. Boo Hoo, prove it. WOW you saw a KR?! So what, go to any other real shows and you can pick the color of your favorite one. I guess all the judges are European then because an M.G won.

I may be a bit defensive, but I never miss the big shows, and have been hitting them for a long time. Quit going to shit like Solid Gold. That isn't a car show, that is a gathering, one that had gotten old years ago.

My 2cents.

ricksws7
07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
I was at the St dominics show and the judging is a joke. Its who you know not what you have. Parish members are in. I dont go to get anything at this show it has been a joke for years. They do get alot of nice cars and it is nice to show what you have. Karps ta what pontiac shows do you go to. because I have never seen you at one? I always went to the Foster poniac show which was a great show. No other just pontiac shows I know of? Rick

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 05:00 PM
First off I don't need to be at the 1,000 car show event of the spring/summer because I've been to plenty already. You went to a show where OBVIOUSLY they are NOT interested in your car, your type of car or anything else made after in the 80's or 90's.

I'm not being defensive. I'm showing a perspective of the hobby that no one else seems to be touching on. And for the 2nd time, yes, you are pissed. Your last post on this goofy thread shows it. You've seen some rice at other car show you've been to? See, now you are ripping on other shows and judges because that is there love. Obviously you must be going to all entrance shows, not Classic/Antique. Do you have proof that someone is rigging a stinkin' car show? That is ridiculous. Save the term ignorance for a racial topic. We are discussing a matter of cars. You feel jipped. Admit it or not. You came on here to rant. You speak of rigging and bias. Boo Hoo, prove it. WOW you saw a KR?! So what, go to any other real shows and you can pick the color of your favorite one. I guess all the judges are European then because an M.G won.

I may be a bit defensive, but I never miss the big shows, and have been hitting them for a long time. Quit going to shit like Solid Gold. That isn't a car show, that is a gathering, one that had gotten old years ago.

My 2cents.

Thanks for your input, I value your right to state your opinion. I am going to the Brewer game tonight, it will probably be rigged to. I think the fact that a punch and judy asian hitter just signed for 20 million proves that the game is rigged toward the import market, lol. :D

Where was I ripping on other shows and judges? If you read my posts (not selectivly for your purpose, I mean the whole content) you will see I have gone to a zillion shows and not won, and not cared. My car is a decent looking 05 Mustang with some bolt on's, that's it. I have been turned away from Classic/Antique shows because my car isn't either, so every show I enter in HAS to be either an all Ford or Open show. Every other show where I haven't placed I could totally agree with the judges, or at least see where they were coming from. This show wasn't like that. Again, it was biased, and I call them on it. That's it, that's all.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 05:05 PM
I was at the St dominics show and the judging is a joke. Its who you know not what you have. Parish members are in. I dont go to get anything at this show it has been a joke for years. They do get alot of nice cars and it is nice to show what you have. Karps ta what pontiac shows do you go to. because I have never seen you at one? I always went to the Foster poniac show which was a great show. No other just pontiac shows I know of? Rick

I used to do the Foster show. Stopped 3 years ago cause every year the same kid won the 3rdgen class. He had like a 91-92 Trans Am with a home made T-top conversion that looked like a hack job in person. Not a damn thing else done to the car. But his folks I think are members of the GTO club so he always won. Used to piss me off so much. I've thankfully grown out of caring so much now :D

ricksws7
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
I totally understand why you stopped going. I just wish there where some shows that appreciate the newer cars. If you want to be in a car show around here they stick you in some gen. class of about 20 to 30 years of models. It just SUCKS most of the older cars at some of these shows were butt ugly when they were new, now they are 30+ years old and they somhow think they have something. Just stopped going to anything but pontiac only shows if I am serious about getting a trophy. Rick By the way I have 23 1st place trophys. Rick

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I understand late model frustrations. Shit I'm even in a weirder position. I have a car that most see body wise as late model, but open the hood and I've got more in common with a 69 Trans Am, then a 02 Trans Am. But like the comment about swinging a cat and hitting a 57 Chevy at a car show, the problem is you can swing a dead cat in any parking lot in the city and likely hit a new Mustang or F-body. Shit there's atleast 3 05+ Stangs in my work parking lot.

I used to get real frustrated at cars that showed up and won trophies where it looked like they've never opened the hood before except that day at the show. Or even more shows that allow only pre 75 cars, but then any year Vette or something like that. Theres no way they can tell me that the guy with the 86 Corvette with faded paint and 150,000 miles on it is more show quality then mine. Heck I've got as much time and effort into my car as many do with their classics. but in the end you have to look at who's putting on the shows. Usually it's older people, who really don't have much for memories of the 80's and newer cars. When I go to shows I find my biggest fans are usually the younger crowd. Little kids seem to love my car. And that's cool as shit to me. And actually is the reason why I stopped caring as much about trophies.

Now I'll get bugged a little still if I know my car is head and shoulders above the winner, but by the time I drive home I'm done caring.

Korndogg
07-17-2007, 05:43 PM
I know I have a classic here but I just wanted to point out what karps said too. I get older people telling me they like my car and stuff all the time but when a little kid says something about it, it just makes it that much cooler.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 05:48 PM
At World of Wheels this year my favorite moment of the whole show, including getting a Best in Class, was Saturday morning a lady asked me if her like 5 year old son could get his picture taken inside my car. I of course said sure. The look on the kid's face was the best. That's the kinda stuff car shows are about.

Sure it helped that the mom was way cute, but still.

Nix
07-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Really? No-one has an opinion on this? I am still on BCM right?? I mean people on here give their opinions on EVERYTHING, even if they don't know about the subject!!!

Hrmmmmm, it seems to me like you got your wish on people giving their opnion and you now are critisizing their opnions and getting angry? :confused

But at the same time you say you appreicate some of the comments and then you add much sarcasm in the same sentence...:rolleyes: This post was intresting until you let peoples opnions get "under your skin".

No further comment your Honor...:durr

Ahhh, as for the Pontiac shows, when and where? I know of Foster but where else?

ricksws7
07-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I agree you have to just enjoy the day and not get caught up in the politics of the shows. You can tell what is good and what is not at all cars shows. Rick I have been at don miller pontiac show in madison a couple times as well as pontiac trans-am nationals the past three years. Great shows if you have a pontiac.

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 06:18 PM
I've heard from other people that the TA Nats is actually quite the cluster. Mostly complaints about judging and classes.

Reverend Cooper
07-17-2007, 06:42 PM
stay off the haterade

ricksws7
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
The nationals is a good show if you go in the proper class The problem is people try to go in classes they should not be in. It can be very confusing because of soo mny cars. All in all a good show. You also see alot of ideas to make your personal car show better the next time around. Rick

Karps TA
07-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Maybe next year I'll have to check it out. One of my best friends lives like 40 minutes from Dayton. Hopefully he'll have his 77 TA finished by then.

As for ideas, I don't need anymore of those, I need more money to fund the ones I already have. lol

nismodave
07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Should we get into why the impressive and clean imports don't get any respect too???

Yea, I didn't think so...

There are a lot of issues with local shows, not really worth worrying about...

Not always true...I did win best paint at Aloha show last year.:)

ricksws7
07-17-2007, 07:07 PM
I know it can get expensive. Let me know if you go next year I usually go. Rick

turbogarrett
07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Car shows are fun to go to once in awhile, but my car will never win a trophy and I'm fine with that. Track use = stone chips and most of my car still has the original paint which has nearly 120k on it.

nismodave
07-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Car shows are fun to go to once in awhile, but my car will never win a trophy and I'm fine with that. Track use = stone chips and most of my car still has the original paint which has nearly 120k on it.

Plus it has the wrong motor in it...........LT1 instead of a Rotary........And only a Tornado as a Power adder.

GRAMPS SS
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
ok...now a word from an older guy....i did ST DOMS show many moons ago before the PRO SHOW SS was sold...it took best in show...was a 87 SS and the show was summer of 98 when the show first got off the ground so to speak....the show is judged by people from the church that have cars themselves.....not to say they know alot about cars..but they do have cars...and if someone from the church is to win...so be it...were all at shows to have fun...screw the politics that go with ANY show out there...there is always home cooking going on at ANY show...i've done enough shows in my day to know that..and it still goes on at any show today...i can name some big ones in the area that do the home cooking for the people that show up at there place of business and win and joe schmo that has the better car ..don't win....then there may be a few shows that are straight shooters...love to find one....but i just go to the shows today with my son to see the cars and be with old friends ,and watch people that don't win when someone that does win ...but really don't deserve to win....maybe some day there will be the perfect show.....no...don't think so....

Nix
07-17-2007, 10:00 PM
ok...now a word from an older guy....i did ST DOMS show many moons ago before the PRO SHOW SS was sold...it took best in show...was a 87 SS and the show was summer of 98 when the show first got off the ground so to speak....the show is judged by people from the church that have cars themselves.....not to say they know alot about cars..but they do have cars...and if someone from the church is to win...so be it...were all at shows to have fun...screw the politics that go with ANY show out there...there is always home cooking going on at ANY show...i've done enough shows in my day to know that..and it still goes on at any show today...i can name some big ones in the area that do the home cooking for the people that show up at there place of business and win and joe schmo that has the better car ..don't win....then there may be a few shows that are straight shooters...love to find one....but i just go to the shows today with my son to see the cars and be with old friends ,and watch people that don't win when someone that does win ...but really don't deserve to win....maybe some day there will be the perfect show.....no...don't think so....

I must say old chap, nicely put:goof (you said yourself you are old):goof

Put perfectly, agreed 100%.:thumbsup

u_say_go
07-17-2007, 10:15 PM
why would you vote for a Z06 or a Solstice? Cars that look like they just came from the dealership will never win a show like that, period. I dont care how many bolt ons you have, it's still a late model production car!
As far as the "good ol' boys club" judging...that's the way it goes. If BCM were to host a car show and it were broken down into Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, etc. classes and 5 new guys show up with Pontiacs nicer than Yoo's car, you all would probably still vote for Yoo....right or wrong? That's the way schit goes.

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 11:21 PM
The Solstice had a 6.0 swap, that's why I voted for it:wooo

A B4C Z
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
The Solstice had a 6.0 swap, that's why I voted for it:wooo

All it costed was money. It was a mallet. In my opinion it shouldnt win the guy just layed cash out and it was done. Now if he did it him self like turbo garrret did his car id have tons tons more respect for the car and would be more intrested in it. Dont get me wrong that solstice was fricken awsome and i would not mind having it either. But I couldnt vote for something like that. Its kinda like a GN there a more rare car but there all the same nothing makes them stand out and say wow he needs to win. A car show is made for old cars thats all there is to it.:headbang

STANMAN
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
So the guy who owns the Saleen S7 should never win shows because he just had the cash? Or how about the guy with the GT500KR? He shouldn't win because he didn't assemble it off the line in MI, but instead just had the cash?? You think 90% of the people who own those old cars ever lifted a finger to make them what they are today?? Nope, I bet all they did was lay some cash on a table to. I guess if you have money and choose to have a proffesional work on your car you should be ashamed of yourself! Most of my car was done by others, but it was my concept. I saw it in my head before it was ever started, and I am proud of what my car is, the work I did, and the work I had done.

CannotPost
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
So the guy who owns the Saleen S7 should never win shows because he just had the cash? Or how about the guy with the GT500KR? He shouldn't win because he didn't assemble it off the line in MI, but instead just had the cash?? You think 90% of the people who own those old cars ever lifted a finger to make them what they are today?? Nope, I bet all they did was lay some cash on a table to. I guess if you have money and choose to have a proffesional work on your car you should be ashamed of yourself! Most of my car was done by others, but it was my concept. I saw it in my head before it was ever started, and I am proud of what my car is, the work I did, and the work I had done.

Well put, I too would rather leave some work to the proffesional's.

Poncho
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Must be why my dad wins @ shows. Only thing he didn't do is paint it.

Slow Joe
07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Not always true...I did win best paint at Aloha show last year.:)

Agreed, I won 1st Place Factory New Model Muscle Car 1995 - 2006 that same year.... :thumbsup

Poncho
07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Agreed, I won 1st Place Factory New Model Muscle Car 1995 - 2006 that same year.... :thumbsup

In what?????? ::confused:confused:confused

Slow Joe
07-18-2007, 05:58 PM
In what?????? ::confused:confused:confused

The '01 @ Aloha... May 20, 2006 is the date it says on the plaque... ****er... :rolf

moels
07-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I took first at Aloha the past 2 years. The first year I beat out Coop's Roush. I really don't know if that was right or not, but I will take it. lol

JR HAWK 9
07-19-2007, 09:52 AM
why would you vote for a Z06 or a Solstice? Cars that look like they just came from the dealership will never win a show like that, period. I don't care how many bolt ons you have, it's still a late model production car!

:thumbsup

I agree! A lot of those older cars have tons of blood, sweat and tears put into them....not to mention the pride of accomplishment of doing a restoration or simply taking care of a car for 30-40-50 years. This is why most shows have classes and, if the classes are done right, a late model car should not be competing against an older car to begin with.

The last show I attended I somehow ended up taking Best of Show - Pontiac as well as a Best of Class. It was a judged show and was judged by two guys. I felt kind of bad for those guys that had some very nice restored late 60's GTO's though. I would not be happy if I was one of those guys that spent years on restoring a car only to get beat out by some guy that bought a new car and slapped on a few bolt ons. I am flattered, but I am just not so sure I deserved it. Maybe it's the old school mentality and respect I have for those that have the talent and put the time and money into restoring old cars.