PDA

View Full Version : Super Sticky Night at Wisconsin Int'l Raceway, please check this out, we need YOUR he

badass88gt
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
I hope the administrators don't mind me posting this here, if it's against the law, please delete.

Anyway, a bunch of us are trying to get a new program at WIR similar to Great Lakes Dragaway's Slicks Only Night.

What it is, is a test and tune night for any type of car, truck, bike, sled, etc., but the main focus of the track crew is track prep. A pristine starting line is their #1 priority (besides safety, of course) and there are no street radials allowed on the drive wheels. The only tires allowed are slicks, ET Street (or equvilant) or drag radials. This will provide a flawless launch area, free of damage from regular street radials chewing up the rubber on the track when they leave.

What we're looking for is your support to try and get the WIR staff to give us this night. Please click on the link below, take a couple of seconds to register, and place your vote for which night you would attend if they have it. The choices are Friday, Saturday, Either or Neither.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for helping us get a night of T&T and awesome track prep!

http://www.wisconsinstreetdominators.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=9737

subliminal1284
07-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I really dont think too many people on here would attend since GLD is right here and thats like what 2 hours away or something like that.

twicks69
07-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Personally, I have raced at WIR several times in the past, and had most of the issues with the condition of the pit area. Being Gravel, it isn't the easiest to work on your car, let alone all the crap that gets imbedded into my slicks.

If it was brought back up to better condition (return road, paved pits, and flat race lanes (remove the bump from the 1/8th mile), I would be more interested in going.

I will go to RSD's at WIR a couple times a year, but I won't travel over 2 hours (117 miles from my house) just to make a pass, versus the 35 minutes it is to GLD for the same events.

Maybe if I was in town for other business, then I would stop on down.

Either way, I wish you guys good luck in getting a slicks only night setup!

Crawlin
07-14-2007, 01:21 PM
it's not THAT far away, and the trip is pretty easy. I hope you guys get something together for that. I think it would be real fun.