PDA

View Full Version : gun guys inside please....

hrsp
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM
whats the "rules for travelling with a handgun?

and once you arrive at your destinantion (the campsite) what are the rules and what not....

any trouble you can get in for having it there?

i dont plan on shooting it at all just there if i have to use it...

Ricky Bobby
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
what campground u goin to most ive been to have been peace and quiet not war :goof

hrsp
07-12-2007, 05:11 PM
hahaha not sure going with a group of friends....

Ricky Bobby
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
oh, i thought they have to be in a case in the car but dont quote me on that

Breecher_7
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Handgun must be cased and unloaded.

Ammunition must be seperated (not in the same case) from the handgun. Trunk, center council, glove box or preferrably and ammo box.

As far as have the handgun out at the campsite, this is a tough subject. If you do not have a permit to carry the safest way to make SURE you are legal having a handgun on your person in the woods is to make sure you have a small game hunting lisence. That way if a DNR officer or cop were to ask you what your doing, your hunting coyotes....... This is your best and safest bet and also makes sure you are 100% legal.

Moparjim
07-12-2007, 05:14 PM
WI or IL?

IL I wouldn't take it at all, Chicago area counties have a Communist, unconstitutional law where you can't have one at all I believe.

WI, it has to be out of wasy access and unloaded, i.e. in the trunk in a case. You might get away with glovebox unloaded as well, just depends highly on the circumstances.

hrsp
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
cant i leave it in my bag?

Breecher_7
07-12-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, you can leave it in a bag if you are at the campsite and it is not on your person. You cannot walk through the woods with a concealed loaded weapon. If its loaded, keep it visible.

To comment on Moparjims information, it MUST be CASED in the car.

hrsp
07-12-2007, 05:16 PM
wisconsin....

Breecher_7
07-12-2007, 05:19 PM
See above information..... Those are the rules........

STANMAN
07-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Guns, did someone say guns??? Guns is the only hobby I have that I put above the Stang. If anyone ever wants to go shooting, drop me a line, I'm your huckelberry!!! Last time I counted (about 6 months ago), my collection was north of 150, and I don't have any junk. Well, I do have 1 drop piece, just in case something gets, ummmmmmm, interesting???

Cryptic
07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Also be sure you understand the definition of "cased"

"cased" = zippers/buttons/straps are zipped/snap/tied

Dont get caught with a zipper 75% closed. They'll get ya for it.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-12-2007, 08:15 PM
again: WHAT CAMPSITE DO YOU GO TO THAT YOU FEEL THE NEED TO BE PACKING HEAT??

i would check with the campground, might have a policy. if it is private campground I am guessing that they would have you arrested. a public campground, well i am guessing that you would get arrested too! another camper only has to call the cops and say there is a madman carrying a gun around! if you do take one, leave it in the tent/camper until the situation arises that you need to "regulate".

Breecher_7
07-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Guns, did someone say guns??? Guns is the only hobby I have that I put above the Stang. If anyone ever wants to go shooting, drop me a line, I'm your huckelberry!!! Last time I counted (about 6 months ago), my collection was north of 150, and I don't have any junk. Well, I do have 1 drop piece, just in case something gets, ummmmmmm, interesting???

Anyday.......

Rem 700 LTR
HK PSG-1
Colt M4
Class 3 weapons permit :thumbsup

Just a FEW of my collection......... :stare

Cryptic is right, a actual gun case is what was meant........hard case preferably.....

hrsp
07-12-2007, 08:51 PM
i just want it there incase a bear or something comes and starts going apeshit on someone....i hope it would atleast scare it away or something...i have a case for it as well....

Rocket Power
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
If it's a bear I hope it's a big gun:D

STANMAN
07-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Anyday.......

Rem 700 LTR
HK PSG-1
Colt M4
Class 3 weapons permit :thumbsup

Just a FEW of my collection......... :stare

Cryptic is right, a actual gun case is what was meant........hard case preferably.....

Definatly some high $$$$$ weaponry there. Never wanted a class III though (well, I have always WANTED one), as I kinda like my constitutional search and seizure rights, lol!!(and I know, how often does a class III get raided, but just the thought that they COULD do it doesn't sit right with me).

Rocket Power
07-12-2007, 09:04 PM
HK PSG-1

That is one of my dream guns. The closest I come is the CETME I am building

Feature Pony
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
also to if your buddy gets a ahold of the gun and shoots someone you will also be liable, so my .02 is leave it at home. you wont find any bears around here unless you are going canada/wi border.

Breecher_7
07-13-2007, 06:32 AM
That is one of my dream guns. The closest I come is the CETME I am building

Let me know if you want to go shooting, i have no problem letting you fire it off.....

Breecher_7
07-13-2007, 06:34 AM
Definatly some high $$$$$ weaponry there. Never wanted a class III though (well, I have always WANTED one), as I kinda like my constitutional search and seizure rights, lol!!(and I know, how often does a class III get raided, but just the thought that they COULD do it doesn't sit right with me).

Class 3 lisence is the tip of the ice berg in my case, I also have Manufacturing/Usage Lisences for explosives. Im on the top of the "arrest this guy" list if anything happens in southeastern wiconsin.

Breecher_7
07-13-2007, 06:38 AM
also to if your buddy gets a ahold of the gun and shoots someone you will also be liable, so my .02 is leave it at home. you wont find any bears around here unless you are going canada/wi border.

This is for the most part accurate.... On the other hand, you could encounter them just about anywhere but to be honest, most bears are smaller and are more affraid of you then you are of him. If you had to drop one, anything larger the a 9mm will do the trick as long as your close and its not a grizzly. Going somewhere with grizzlys, get yourself a .44 or a .50......take no chances!!!!!!! Personally, if your going camping, i would leave the handgun and take a shotgun. Shotguns are alot more "accepted" then someone walkign around with a pistol in most cases.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-13-2007, 08:55 AM
:goofyou could also get some land mines from breecher and make sure that they bear would never even get close to you:goof

Teufelhunden
07-13-2007, 10:14 AM
i just want it there incase a bear or something comes and starts going apeshit on someone....i hope it would atleast scare it away or something...i have a case for it as well....Leave the gun at home.

Cryptic
07-13-2007, 10:50 AM
i just want it there incase a bear or something comes and starts going apeshit on someone....i hope it would atleast scare it away or something...i have a case for it as well....

Just be sure to clean up your garbage.. Don't leave food out. Burn anything that would attract bears. I just came back from Canada where there's actually enough bears to be concerned out it.

Breecher_7
07-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Just be sure to clean up your garbage.. Don't leave food out. Burn anything that would attract bears. I just came back from Canada where there's actually enough bears to be concerned out it.

Exactly.... Oh and land mines......eh, thats "artillery" i cant buy those... I can make them though!

07ROUSHSTG3
07-13-2007, 02:24 PM
how far north are you going to be worried about bears?

07ROUSHSTG3
07-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Exactly.... Oh and land mines......eh, thats "artillery" i cant buy those... I can make them though!

the mental picture of you that is being painted in my head from your posts is either bill murray from caddyshack when he is making the C4 groundhogs/squirrels or tom hanks' neighbor in the movie "the burbs":rolf

Car Guy
07-13-2007, 03:50 PM
http://dvd.themanroom.com/images/reviews/459.1.jpg

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Breecher_7
07-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I think bill murray sums it up.........

flyin_blue_egg
07-13-2007, 07:06 PM

damn..i wish i had some guns...i love shooting just don't have the $$ to buy any guns yets...if i had any i'd hit you up to go shooting with

HAMRHEAD
07-13-2007, 08:15 PM
If you take a pistol to use and run into a bear make sure to file off the front site. Then it won't hurt so much when the bear shoves it up your a$$:D I would say just leave it at home and keep your food stored properly and Yogi shouldn't bother you.

USMARINE1108
07-15-2007, 03:52 AM
So we have a lot of firearm guys here and threads pop up quite often. Is it time for a dedicated forum? :)

The home page of the forum can say something like "Horse power and gun powder" :durr

Lash
07-15-2007, 07:15 AM
If you dont know the laws you're better off keeping it at home. They can REALLY fvck you if you are doing something wrong. Besides.... with the only way to carry it legally (unloaded and COMPLETELY sealed in a case with ammo out of reach) you're more than likely not going to be able to get to it fast enough anyway.

If you don't know the laws....you should really think about taking a class if you plan on owning guns. :thumbsup
It'll keep you out of trouble. The DNR gets VERY serious about that crap.

hrsp
07-15-2007, 10:46 PM
i found out were exactly we were going so i left it at home....not to worried about bears where we went...lol

thanks for all the input

MurphysLaw88GT
07-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Yes!!! BCM range day. Speaking of class III, I should post vid of my range day to Redwing, MN last month. Rockin' on an MG-42, MP-40, MP-44, Sten, AR-18, a F/A .22 1919 (Tippmann Mfg.), and a ton of others....It was fun.

Breecher_7
07-16-2007, 06:31 AM
BCM Range Day for sure!!!!!!!!!

UnderPSI
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
you should really think about taking a class if you plan on owning guns.

There is an excellent teacher that teaches at Fletchers Indoor in Waukehsa. He teaches there all the time. I see a lot of couples taking the class too. It would be a really good idea.

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 11:34 AM
There is an excellent teacher that teaches at Fletchers Indoor in Waukehsa. He teaches there all the time. I see a lot of couples taking the class too. It would be a really good idea.

But the range is horrible, and the "group" that always hangs out there would be very intimidating to a new shooter. That and I have never seen them treat anyone who isn't "in the know" in a civil manner. I have seen SO many people get ran out of there that I have often wondered how they stay in business.

Breecher_7
07-16-2007, 12:09 PM
I have heard the same thing. Back yard range or Mcmillers FTW!!!!!

Rocket Power
07-16-2007, 12:38 PM
If I am going indoors I like Shooter's sport center down in racine/caledonia area. But if I don't feel like driving , I just go to shooters shop on 84th

Breecher_7
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I prefer outdoors...... Indoors is lame in my oppinion. I little need for wind compensation makes you a better shooter. Not to mention pretty much nothing I own other then a few handguns are allowed at indoor ranges!

Rocket Power
07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
It all depends what I am going to shoot, rifles = outdoors and for handguns I usually am indoors

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 05:16 PM
My range is less than 5 minutes from my house, and it's member's only. Being a 2nd shifter means I usually have it all to myself!!! (Menomonee Falls Rod and Gun Club). Membership has it's privleges, lol!!

MurphysLaw88GT
07-16-2007, 05:30 PM
I like shooting on private property in the middle of nowhere. And dont own a lot of handguns, so i dont frequent indoor ranges much.

Breecher_7
07-16-2007, 06:06 PM
As stated before, backyard or mcmillers for me........

STANMAN
07-16-2007, 06:15 PM
McMillers sporting clays course FTW. One of the best I have ever been to!

Rocket Power
07-16-2007, 08:12 PM
As stated before, backyard or mcmillers for me........

I need to move out your way. If I was shooting in my backyard you'd see it on the 10 o'clock news:rolf