PDA

View Full Version : Getting Raped

SSDude
07-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Ladies and gentlemen we are about to be raped by our representatives in tax
he ll. Now is the time when they need to hear from us the most. The more feedback they get the better the chances they listen.

I found this site that will help you identify who you should be calling, emailing or writing.
http://wicfg.com/hideyourwallet/ Funny video as well.

Here's a letter I'm sending to my dork reps. Feel free to copy, paste and modify it. But please send it so they know were sick of the krap going on in Madison.
Stay out of my wallet. I can spend it better than they can.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Representative
After reading the Milwaukee Journal 7/11/07 about the state budget proposals made by the state Senate and Assembly I have to say at least one group got it partially right.
The people of Wisconsin whom you represent are being expected to do a lot more with a lot less and it's time that the Wisconsin legislature and Governor learn to do the same.
The way it is today my gas bill is going up, my utility bill is going up, my property tax is going up and i haven't gotten a raise. Meanwhile the recently elected Governor who during his campaign stated he wouldn't raise taxes has proposed a record setting budget and of course the state Senate felt inclined to pile on some more. The assembly wanted to pass a no increase budget. They came close but they still missed the things that will hurt my family and other working families through out Wisconsin.
Taxing oil means i pay more!
Taxing hospitals means i pay more!
Tax increases for vehicle registration and titles means i pay more!
Taxing tobacco means the poor and working families pay more!
Tax increases for real estate transfers means we pay more!!
Taxing soda .02/can means we all pay more!
Taxing nursing home beds means our elderly pay more!
It's easy for some of us to see that you guys in Madison are out of touch, out of control and find it harder to listen to you constituents and easier to listen to special interests and lobbyists.
Start running the state like you know what your doing. Not like drunken sailors on there first leave.
We can't afford you guys anymore!!

Sincerely
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have nothing to bit ch about if your trying to get it changed.

Brandon W.
07-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Start running the state like you know what your doing. Not like drunken sailors on there first leave..

as funny as that line is. that is not a good way to go about things. if you want things changed try to keep it in a respectful yet to the point manor. the rest of your letter was very well written overall. they will have a hard time taking this letter seriously because of you insulting them. my $0.02. but thanks for the heads up. as im sure my family will want to do this as well.

SSDude
07-11-2007, 09:19 PM
Start running the state like you know what your doing. Not like drunken sailors on there first leave..

as funny as that line is. that is not a good way to go about things. if you want things changed try to keep it in a respectful yet to the point manor. the rest of your letter was very well written overall. they will have a hard time taking this letter seriously because of you insulting them. my $0.02. but thanks for the heads up. as im sure my family will want to do this as well.

Glad you interested.:thumbsup
Like i said feel free to copy, edit but please call, email or write.
I appreciate the feedback and i see your point. It was my first draft and i'll be tweeking it before i send it. :thumbsup

84hurst
07-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Glad you interested.:thumbsup
Like i said feel free to copy, edit but please call, email or write.
I appreciate the feedback and i see your point. It was my first draft and i'll be tweeking it before i send it. :thumbsup

Don't you think he should be old enough to vote before he sends a letter to the govt? J/K :goof

SmokinRAM114
07-12-2007, 02:28 PM
^ Bwaahahaha