PDA

View Full Version : OK so this gas price nonsense is ridiculous

jbiscuit
07-11-2007, 07:44 AM
it was $3.25 yesterday and $3.49 today.....the mobil down the street from my work doesn't have gas! What is the latest drama with our gas now? Is it cuz it rained yesterday, they had to raise the prices cuz the pumps got wet :rolf

J

Waver
07-11-2007, 07:46 AM
To quote a sketch from carlos mencena (probably stolen)...."Why the **** am I paying 4 bucks a gallon when we took over a country that is ful of gas????

Karps TA
07-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Heck I still saw some stations under 3.19 yesterday. It was $3.09 over the weekend.

I'm sure whenever thsi crisis is over they'll drop the price $.40 in a day.:rolleyes:

Poncho
07-11-2007, 07:48 AM
new slogan

"the only thing faster than my car is the rising gas prices"

Silver03SRT
07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
new slogan

"the only thing faster than my car is the rising gas prices"

There is a lot of things faster than your GTO :rolf haha jk. Seriously what happened to make it go up 30 cents in one day. I looked at the oil stocks and they havnt gone up. The commodities prices are still staying level too.

Silver03SRT
07-11-2007, 08:11 AM
http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/

Karps TA
07-11-2007, 08:15 AM
http://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/

Ahh I see unleaded gas is up $.02. That explains the $.40 raise. My public school math education isn't up to speed apparently.

Actually I'm hearing it's cause some flooding in Kansas shut down a refinery, and theres some problem with a refinery in IN.

Nothing like getting to control your pricing, by just running your business poorly. I think at our sales meetings this week at Briggs I'm going to tell them we should try making our plants more inefficient and having our lines break down more often. Then we can just charge more for our engines. Should work just like gas.

Silver03SRT
07-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Ahh I see unleaded gas is up $.02. That explains the $.40 raise. My public school math education isn't up to speed apparently.

Actually I'm hearing it's cause some flooding in Kansas shut down a refinery, and theres some problem with a refinery in IN.

Nothing like getting to control your pricing, by just running your business poorly. I think at our sales meetings this week at Briggs I'm going to tell them we should try making our plants more inefficient and having our lines break down more often. Then we can just charge more for our engines. Should work just like gas.

if only our industry worked like that. we make mistakes and the customer pays. normally its we make mistakes and we pay. if our laser breaks down we should double our prices on the cutting dies. :banana

PonyKiller87
07-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Last night on the news they said something about BP had to shut down a refinery for some reason or another. So Im sure there stuff goes up and several others just go along for the ride.

88Nightmare
07-11-2007, 09:02 AM
so how many other refineries are out there in the world. why should one affect the general public? figures gas is at one of its highest points right when I need to fill up

Want_Notch
07-11-2007, 09:07 AM
One of the reasons is because all of our refineries are old and out of date. The government has put so many restrictions on constuction of new ones no one will or can. It's a ******* joke.

Cryptic
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
I had to fill yesterday too... figures... 3.69 for 93 octane
It makes baby Jesus cry

Silver03SRT
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
I had to fill yesterday too... figures... 3.69 for 93 octane
It makes baby Jesus cry

2.33 yesterday for permium for me:thumbsup

Poncho
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
someone tell bobby to bring some gasoline back with him.

Breecher_7
07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Filled my truck on the way to work thismorning in east troy (non reformulated gas) with premium (93) for $3.39........

Flicktitty
07-11-2007, 09:33 AM
i got gas on Monday when it was 3.16. i heard from a friend it was gonna be in the 350's by wednesday...i laughed...........now i'm crying

juicedimpss
07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
i love my SUV

Prince Valiant
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
The BP refiniery is shut down for normal maintenance. That's how razor thin our supply is, we don't have any refineries that can "pick-up" production in the event of a shut-down.

All of us should be so lucky as to have as much government intervention in our work field.

Yooformula
07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
looks like I am saving my pick n save coupons to fill up the Formula. $.40 a gallon off looks good right about now!

BAD LS1
07-11-2007, 10:37 AM
HAhah luckily it only took about 7 miles to tune it! so i conserved your gas for you haha

6forwardgears
07-11-2007, 10:38 AM
looks like I am saving my pick n save coupons to fill up the Formula. $.40 a gallon off looks good right about now!

You have to buy $200 of groceries in one trip to qualify for $.40/gal

Yooformula
07-11-2007, 10:40 AM
family of 5 easily spends that much in groceries...lol

Yooformula
07-11-2007, 10:41 AM
HAhah luckily it only took about 7 miles to tune it! so i conserved your gas for you haha

buwhahahahahahah! too bad as soon as I get it back, that tank will be gone:rolf

hrsp
07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
i put a 5 spot in the car yesterday...the attendant looked at me like.."hahaha 5 bucks aint gonna get you nowhere...but i'm holding out til it omes back down to " a little less of a kick in the nuts price"

88Nightmare
07-11-2007, 12:19 PM
speedway on college and 13th is 3.15 a gallon. Saw it at noon today!!!

DirtyMax
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Geez... this recent development makes the 28 gallons of "Liquid Gold" I got on Monday for $3.09 seem like a wise investment... :goof

Rocket Power
07-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Glad I filled up the Wagon Monday for 3.15 in Walworth County:headbang

Ricky Bobby
07-11-2007, 06:58 PM
damn prices make me want to just drive my company vehicle everywere, cant afford to fill up the beasts LOL

Heat Seeker WS6
07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
last night in northern IL gas was still around 3.09 for reg, this was AFTER I noticed it was already 3.49 in most stations in Franklin while heading down. Definately not missing the T/A right now.

Mssplayboybunie
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
This sucks. mobile by us is 3.15 and there was a line almost 15 mins long or more. You would of thought it was free gas..but with 10-40cents of with a coupon it pretty much is free

nismodave
07-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Well keep voting Democrat, so they can keep taxing the piss outa gas, and making us use that ethonol BS.

GRAMPS SS
07-11-2007, 10:32 PM
was in chi town today on business...3.65 a gal......filled up and got stuck in traffic on the way home..all the way home....then had to fill up back home again....glad i have a company card for gas.....

Poncho
07-11-2007, 11:02 PM
There is a lot of things faster than your GTO :rolf haha jk. Seriously what happened to make it go up 30 cents in one day. I looked at the oil stocks and they havnt gone up. The commodities prices are still staying level too.

not my car specifically, any car.

Z28Roxy
07-12-2007, 07:14 AM
Is it still cheap in East Troy?

The Camaro is low, and I'd like to try some non-ethanol anyway. Running rich (header leak-false lean) in these conditions sucks too.

Al
07-12-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Go to the Gas Temperature map to see where gas is cheaper.

Nix
07-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Is it still cheap in East Troy?

The Camaro is low, and I'd like to try some non-ethanol anyway. Running rich (header leak-false lean) in these conditions sucks too.

We also have "real gas" out by me in Jefferson County (Ixonia) and drive 65 miles round trip daily cause I work in Waukesha right off Bluemound. I didnt get gas in Waukesha after work yesterday hoping that maybe for some reason that up by me it wouldnt have spiked yet, but when I got off 94 at my exit and saw BP was charging $3.58 a gallon for Premium. I pretty much figured that would be the case. I like to some times have wishful thinking I suppose.:chair:

The other thing that kinda sucks is that my GTP runs only on premium and so does my TA. So regardless Im up shit creek without a boat or a paddle. But thats life...;)

*EDIT* It cost me $43.25 for 12.085 gallons in my TA. I think that car may just sit in the garage for awhile now.

oneslowcamino
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM
I still have yet to pay more than $3.00 to fill up the moped:headbang, but the truck on the other hand I payed $65.00 to fill on Wednesday at $3.35.

nitrous
07-12-2007, 06:48 PM
That map is definitely wrong. I paid 2.68/gal on Sunday in Indiana. Oh wait...that was diesel. :)

fly5150
07-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I just paid $1.04 a litre for gas in toronto. ....... Oh wait, that converts to .2642 gallons per litre..... thats $3.94 a gallon. And that was regular unleaded. Good thing its on the company.

88Nightmare
07-13-2007, 09:17 AM
gimme a liter of cola

wikked
07-13-2007, 09:48 AM
I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said:

"Gas was $1.64 when Bush started in office"

:violin

88Nightmare
07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
man, those were the days eh? now it seems like the "normal" is in the mid $2.xx range, which is shitty. Its $3.49 and we freak out cuz thats high, but so is gas in the $2.xx range too! But I guess with inflation and blah blah blah, what do ya expect?

fly5150
07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
did somebody say Liter of cola?
Ha thats great.
"hold the spit"

Silver03SRT
07-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I got a text message the other day that said.

First I'm going to go down on you and make you feel all good. Then Im going to come back up on you and F$#K you.
Sincerly,
Gas Prices.

DirtyMax
07-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I got a text message the other day that said.

First I'm going to go down on you and make you feel all good. Then Im going to come back up on you and F$#K you.
Sincerly,
Gas Prices.

I just sent that to my fiance'. She's gonna start reading it and be like WTF?!?!?

Rocket Power
07-16-2007, 10:33 AM
I just got back from Norwalk OH and gas was 3.15. My friend who lives in southern OH said it just went up to 2.89 there and they thought that was high.

Syclone0044
07-16-2007, 01:04 PM
I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said:

"Gas was $1.64 when Bush started in office"

:violin

It amazes me that people would elect an oil businessman and his crony oil company CEO buddy to the top position in our country..... :wtf :chair:

Silver03SRT
07-16-2007, 01:12 PM
It amazes me that people would elect an oil businessman and his crony oil company CEO buddy to the top position in our country..... :wtf :chair:

I guess investing your money wisely gets you hated on. My friend has quite a bit of money invested in oil companys but he doesnt control the prices. Neither does Bush.

Karps TA
07-16-2007, 01:12 PM

Well it's not like there was a better option. If Gore won we'd be riding bicycles to work cause our dirty filthy cars would be banned.

BAD LS1
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Well it's not like there was a better option. If Gore won we'd be riding bicycles to work cause our dirty filthy cars would be banned.

Not to mention our ever-so-hated small engines in CA that are single handedly destroying the earth according to hippies everywhere:rolf Now the CA small engines can be overpriced like their housing due to all the emissions compliance costs.

However their BBQ's on the weekends polute more... Maybe they will develop particulate scrubbers for those yet!

Syclone0044
07-16-2007, 01:17 PM
There's plenty of better options. How about not electing either of those idiots and elect someone who will actually represent the people fairly instead of pocket-lined interests of their 500 closest business friends?

I think the current "two party system" combined with campaign contributions *cough*bribes*cough* are responsible for screwing us over time and time again when it comes to the elections. But I'm sure the american people will continue to vote for "one of two pre-selected candidates"......

Silver03SRT
07-16-2007, 01:22 PM
we should have elected Gore! Afterall he did invent the internet???:rolleyes:

Karps TA
07-16-2007, 01:23 PM
System doesn't allow a 3rd party to be competitive. Unless it's Ross Perot who has billions to throw at an election it's an unfair setup. The 3rd party doesn't get the money they other 2 parties get. And since the other 2 parties control the govt, they'll never allow it to change.

But that's a subject for a whole different thread and rant. lol

88Nightmare
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
There's plenty of better options. How about not electing either of those idiots and elect someone who will actually represent the people fairly instead of pocket-lined interests of their 500 closest business friends?

I think the current "two party system" combined with campaign contributions *cough*bribes*cough* are responsible for screwing us over time and time again when it comes to the elections. But I'm sure the american people will continue to vote for "one of two pre-selected candidates"......

YES!!!

Its like voting now a days, everyone is democratic or republican.... what happened to third parties? no one even listens to them anymore

Syclone0044
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
I think in the next 30 years, the information-exchanging power of the internet will finally topple the old system. Kids are growing up with full access to more information than mankind has ever had before, and plenty of them are wise to the old tricks. People will demand something more fair.

On that note, Ron Paul is an interesting candidate. He claims to be republican but he's really more like a libertarian. Unfortunately his republican membership will eliminate any chances of making the ballot; there's that damn two party system again....

Karps TA
07-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Actually Ron Paul is the only one running right now that even comes close to supporting my view. He's only running on the Republican ticket in order to get the funding. But yeah he's very Libertarian.

Too bad he doesn't have a chance in hell.

SSDude
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Regardless of what party you identify yourself with the lazy azz american voter doesn't bother to question the crap the liberal controlled media is skullf ing us with on a daily basis. Therefore most people who even bother to vote don't have a clue because they only react to the few sound bites the managed to hear.
The ones i like best are the morons who say " My family always votes lib/repub or Thats how i was raised"

Facts and logic people will lead you to the truth! You better have the goods to back it up.

So back to the gas prices. The prices are being manipulated by the commodities market makers over reacting to any little hiccup in the supply chain.

Syclone0044
07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
SSDude and Karp T/A I think all three of us are seeing eye to eye on politics, that's for sure. SSDude I like the way you summed it up!

The crude oil (and gasoline) market does obviously control the price but how much of it is reaction to political events caused by the United States meddling with others business?

Breecher_7
07-16-2007, 04:24 PM
$81.50 to fill the truck today...... First time over $80, thats a kick in the nuts.....

SSDude
07-16-2007, 04:28 PM
SSDude and Karp T/A I think all three of us are seeing eye to eye on politics, that's for sure. SSDude I like the way you summed it up!

The crude oil (and gasoline) market does obviously control the price but how much of it is reaction to political events caused by the United States meddling with others business?

Until something new occupies the market oil and gas will be there interest for a while.
We have more oil and gas than we will ever use for many years to come. Refining capacity is another issue but that won't change anytime soon as the people running them have come to enjoy the profits at hand.
The people we should really be afraid of now are the "Sky is falling crowd" pumping there fraud of man made global warming. Guys like Algore and his legion of buffoons will fleece the world like no one has ever before. Here is a whole new class of crony ism under the guise of carbon credits.