PDA

View Full Version : Lost dog

Buster
07-10-2007, 01:20 AM
My dad was out cruising in his 41 ford saturday when a puppy ran out of the brush, into the road, and almost got hit by several motorist. So he pulls over to get the dog. It has a collar but no tags or owner identification. We took her to the emergency animal hospital for scanning to see if she has a chip, no go. Been to the police department to see if any lost dog reports have been filed, one close one but another dead end. I know someone is probably missing this pup but my dad doesn't want to turn it in due to the probability of being put to sleep. Any suggestions, also can anyone id what breed she may be? One of the vets at the animal hospital said she looks to be a pit bull mix. To me she seems to have some beagle in her.

Lash
07-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Keep it!

whistlin six
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
It was very nice of your Dad to stop and save the dog.

You can try the Wisconsin humane society, they are a no kill shelter.

Good luck!

Silver350
07-10-2007, 10:15 AM
You Can call the Milwaukee Area Animal Control. (414) 649-8640. They are the ones that get contacted first about a lost dog. They also take the strays first, and then if no one claims them and they are well tempered they will go to the Wisconsin Humane Society. The Animal Control or Humane Society do all that they can to find a home for an animal. It is only if they see that the dog is a threat to others that they will put it to sleep. Also if they do not find the owner you can have first dibs on adopting that animal. That is what my friend did with one of his cats.

Cutlass Queen
07-10-2007, 12:25 PM
That dog is such a cutie, I say if you try everything imaginable to try to find the owner and you have no luck, you can always keep the dog if you'd like. I did that when I found my stray cat 2 years ago. Couldn't find the owners at all, a place to have him call a new home, and every place I was going to take it to said they would put him down after a certain period so I decided to just keep the cat. Besides if the animal has a great personality why not give it a new home?

WickedSix
07-10-2007, 12:27 PM
Keep it!

X3 mutts have always been the best dogs to have around for companionship :thumbsup

Feature Pony
07-10-2007, 06:43 PM
I would keep it, most shelters don't want to deal with pits, so you would be better off finding it a home yourself or keeping it.