PDA

View Full Version : Question for you bike guys!

lilws6
07-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I've been looking to shave my tail section so it looks less bulky if you understand? right now i'm looking for a new place to mount the plate. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking above the tire underneath the tail section but i'm not shure thats a good place for it. Suggestions please

loud91rs
07-09-2007, 09:19 PM
On my old bike I put it as far forward under the tail as I could go. It looked good, but I never was followed by a cop so i'm not sure if it's legal. I've heard both ways with that. I had an undertail exhaust that I clamped on to, but you can probably go on the undertail storage or something like that. Heres a pic of mine to give ya an idea:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z124/loud91rs/adgadg.jpg

Hope this helps

Cutlass Queen
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
You can always get a swingarm license plate holder if they make it for your style bike, that's what I did to mine when I put the undertail on it this year. They wanted me to drill holes into the undertail, **** that it was way too expensive for license plate holes...as far as legal goes...I haven't been stopped by any cops for it so far and that includes asshole cops too:thumbsup

WickedSix
07-10-2007, 04:43 PM
I think a tire hugger with the licens plate molded into it would be saweet :thumbsup but that would be some work. Swing arm is a good bet :D but I believe you need to use lighted mounting bolts to be fully and truely legal at night so the coppers can see your plate as it vanishes in the distance :rolf

Breecher_7
07-10-2007, 04:46 PM
There are alot of companies that make fender eliminators...... Keep it in as close to stock position if you dont want to get hassled....

Cutlass Queen
07-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I think a tire hugger with the licens plate molded into it would be saweet :thumbsup but that would be some work. Swing arm is a good bet :D but I believe you need to use lighted mounting bolts to be fully and truely legal at night so the coppers can see your plate as it vanishes in the distance :rolf

The whole point is making sure the cops don't see your plate in the distance so you can get away easily :banana1:

WickedSix
07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
The whole point is making sure the cops don't see your plate in the distance so you can get away easily :banana1:

why even have a plate then hmmm :goof

Cutlass Queen
07-10-2007, 04:52 PM
why even have a plate then hmmm :goof

The possibility of getting caught still, duh? Where's the excitement without that?:durr

WickedSix
07-10-2007, 04:54 PM
The possibility of getting caught still, duh? Where's the excitement without that?:durr

you ate paint chips as a kid didn you?:rolf:rolf

Breecher_7
07-10-2007, 04:55 PM

This is how I used to think when I lived in a place with 5 lane freeways that you can get away on. Trying to run from a cop in wisconsin is assanine and ignorant, your odds of getting away are slim.........

Your better off obeying the laws, keeping it legal, and taking it to the track.

Ive versed my oppinions on how I feel about moron bike riders before so I wont do it again. THere is a time and a place for everything, keep the nonsense off the street and on the track or an empty parking lot.......

lilws6
07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
This is how I used to think when I lived in a place with 5 lane freeways that you can get away on. Trying to run from a cop in wisconsin is assanine and ignorant, your odds of getting away are slim.........

Ive versed my oppinions on how I feel about moron bike riders before so I wont do it again. THere is a time and a place for everything, keep the nonsense off the street and on the track or an empty parking lot.......

thats how i feel as well. as for lighting i can do what ever i want i'm good with led's so i can fab up a light but swing arm doesn't seem like a good plan i like twistees and i can just see me leanin in a turn and whoops there goes the plate. I like the hugger idea i'll have to look into that :thumbsup

Cutlass Queen
07-11-2007, 08:25 AM

You do know I was being a smart ass right? I'm not stupid on a motorcycle or even a car, now not riding or driving one.....well that's a different story :rolf:rolf:rolf

Cutlass Queen
07-11-2007, 08:26 AM
thats how i feel as well. as for lighting i can do what ever i want i'm good with led's so i can fab up a light but swing arm doesn't seem like a good plan i like twistees and i can just see me leanin in a turn and whoops there goes the plate. I like the hugger idea i'll have to look into that :thumbsup

The swingarm plate on my bike doesn't stick out all that much, but if you like the twisties then yah, scratch that idea.

WickedSix
07-11-2007, 12:21 PM
I like the hugger idea i'll have to look into that :thumbsup

:thumbsup I'd like to see it done by someone....I lack the fiberglass skills necessary to pull it off nicely :rolf