PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Talon FS in IA!

MARO-MAN
07-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Trying to help my cousin sell his beefed up Talon. It located in Dubuque, IA. Its a little drive, but you never know who may be interested. Check out his ad and if you interested reply to his ad. Thanks, Nick.

1994 Eagle Talon:
http://dubuque.craigslist.org/car/369285404.html

VroomPshhTsi
07-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Did I miss something or is it N/A? Just weird to see that much money invested in a non-turbo DSM.

MARO-MAN
07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
He liked the challenge of it, but has since moved on to an Eclipse TSI. So, no you missed nothing. :D

Brandon W.
07-11-2007, 07:30 PM
"Balance Shafts have been removed to add HP"--(Brandons analysis)Balance shaft removal does NOT add horsepower.. never been proven on a dyno, if so id like to see the charts. the point of removing the balance shafts is mainly to get rid of the balance shaft belt which is known to snap off, get into the timing belt, and snap that as well. and also helps to get rid of so much rotating mass.

"handle the upgraded fuel system to 390cc injectors"-- (Brandon analysis)Stock 5-speed DSM injectors are 450cc.why go with the automatic 390's? not an upgrade IMHO.

Price..$5500..... i bought my TURBO 92 for $1500..i can buy 1G DSM's for under that everyday. around $1000-$1500 and there turbo's.im willing to bet that car isnt putting out 200 to the wheels. in which case a STOCK turbo DSM could beat it. for more then half the price..im sorry to rip that thing apart but as a DSM person i have to. good luck with the sale anyways.

MARO-MAN
07-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks!! Much appreciated!! :thumbsup

MurphysLaw88GT
07-11-2007, 11:12 PM
"Balance Shafts have been removed to add HP"--(Brandons analysis)Balance shaft removal does NOT add horsepower.. never been proven on a dyno, if so id like to see the charts. the point of removing the balance shafts is mainly to get rid of the balance shaft belt which is known to snap off, get into the timing belt, and snap that as well. and also helps to get rid of so much rotating mass.

"handle the upgraded fuel system to 390cc injectors"-- (Brandon analysis)Stock 5-speed DSM injectors are 450cc.why go with the automatic 390's? not an upgrade IMHO.

Price..$5500..... i bought my TURBO 92 for $1500..i can buy 1G DSM's for under that everyday. around $1000-$1500 and there turbo's.im willing to bet that car isnt putting out 200 to the wheels. in which case a STOCK turbo DSM could beat it. for more then half the price..im sorry to rip that thing apart but as a DSM person i have to. good luck with the sale anyways.

why:alcoholic

MARO-MAN
07-12-2007, 07:35 PM
He has nothing better to do............he is an internet troll.......:loser

Brandon W.
07-12-2007, 08:16 PM
He has nothing better to do............he is an internet troll.......:loser

yes i am. as a person of special interests in these specific cars. i know what the market for the car is. i found a few things wrong in that post and i feel i was in the right clarifying. lets say i was looking into a mustang. a car i know little or nothing about. i would HOPE that somebody would come along and note any errors or clarify things to help me understand what i would be interested in purchasing. i would also hope that they would say if the price was reasonable, a bargain, or too expensive.. not once did i bad mouth the car as im sure it was done right with the owners best interests. But as an overall view of the car i gave my "expert" opinion on the car. not only would i do it again, but i would expect other boards members to do the same for there vehicles of special interests. i don't feel as if i were wrong in any shape or form. im sorry if you feel differently, i am not one to fight or atleast try not to. feel free to PM or Email me if you would like to talk further. my Best regards

-Brandon-

Irish
07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
yes i am. as a person of special interests in these specific cars. i know what the market for the car is. i found a few things wrong in that post and i feel i was in the right clarifying. lets say i was looking into a mustang. a car i know little or nothing about. i would HOPE that somebody would come along and note any errors or clarify things to help me understand what i would be interested in purchasing. i would also hope that they would say if the price was reasonable, a bargain, or too expensive.. not once did i bad mouth the car as im sure it was done right with the owners best interests. But as an overall view of the car i gave my "expert" opinion on the car. not only would i do it again, but i would expect other boards members to do the same for there vehicles of special interests. i don't feel as if i were wrong in any shape or form. im sorry if you feel differently, i am not one to fight or atleast try not to. feel free to PM or Email me if you would like to talk further. my Best regards

-Brandon-

I'm with ^ on this one.

Brian98GTP
07-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm with ^ on this one.

Me three.......

MurphysLaw88GT
07-13-2007, 12:07 AM

-Brandon-

Nicely put.....comment withrawn. Just came off wrong initially.

MARO-MAN
07-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Settle down gentlemen, I was just messin' with Brandon.......:rolf
I'm simply trying to get the word out there for him. Hopefully, then if someone is interested all they have to do is say "well would you take $?,???" His price may be on the highest cliff right now, but its certainly not set in stone. Sooner or later he is going to want to sell it.
-Nick:shades

Irish
07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Settle down gentlemen, I was just messin' with Brandon.......:rolf
I'm simply trying to get the word out there for him. Hopefully, then if someone is interested all they have to do is say "well would you take $?,???" His price may be on the highest cliff right now, but its certainly not set in stone. Sooner or later he is going to want to sell it.
-Nick:shades

I know you were. I took no offense to what you said to Brandon. We here are a small band of brothers. Some I like, some not as much...... just like most families. I was just saying in regards to what Brandon had posted about people looking out for people. Do I think that Brandon's "bed side" manner could have used a little help, I would have to say yes but, in the same breath you could say that about mine sometimes as well. If a car,part,whatever were posted here, and I had some knowledge pertaining to the particular "whatever" that may be deemed useful information to help with a purchase or a sale, I would share that knowledge.
What goes around comes around...... everyone could use some good luck!

With that being said, good luck with the sale of that car!:thumbsup