PDA

View Full Version : How to tell a 96SS from a regular IMP.

Flicktitty
07-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Hey guys, my dads friend picked up a shell about a year ago of either a 95 or 96 Impalla. He said it's got a disc brake rear end and a 12 bolt, and he said it has the SS moldings on the car. But there is NO MOTOR NO TRANS. i was wondering if there was anything i could look for to see if it is infact a "REAL SS" or just a impalla/caprice with "SS" add on's. Also the car is forsale. it also doesn't have a title, i was thinking of picking it up if it's in good shape. If i don't pick it up i'll give you guys next call.

juicedimpss
07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
rear quarter glass is the first and easiest way,the ss has rounded glass,caprice has a wedge shape.
also look at the sticker on the trunklid,the VIN should match the dash,and should have a wx3 code in it(if i remember my numbers clearly right now,lol)
8th digit of VIN should also be a "P"
It should have a disk brake 10 bolt,although there were also disk brake rears for the 9c1 cars as well....and those were different width by a slight amount.
if its cheap enough i could always use another parts car :D

Flicktitty
07-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks Ron, i'm going out there either Tomarrow or monday to go look at it. i'll get some pics too incase you might want it.

85SS/85GN
07-07-2007, 09:08 PM
i maybe interested too

Poncho
07-08-2007, 03:54 AM
There were no regular impalas.