PDA

View Full Version : First Time Moving

Korndogg
07-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Anyone have any HELPFULL, SERIOUS tips? I'm pretty sure I have everything down. Just trying to think if I'm forgetting about anything.

I'm moving to an apartment in Greendale.

Car Guy
07-05-2007, 10:45 PM
How much you got and whatcha got is the question......

If you need a flatbed I still have my 14' open car trailer, it works awesome for furniture and larger items......

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

awsomeears
07-05-2007, 10:50 PM
When its time to move make sure all the dresser drawers are empty !!!

Boxes are double taped on the bottom.

You will break something !!!

If you can move room by room instead of scattering all the shit together.

Korndogg
07-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I have the actual moving part set. Me and my dad both have trucks. I shouldnt need the trailor but Ill let you know at softball if that changes. I dont have tons of stuff to move.

Car Guy
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Sounds like you have it all set for the most part, but with anything use common sense and always err on the side of caution which will ensure a safe/non-damaging move.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Korndogg
07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
cool. Thanks

WickedSix
07-05-2007, 11:10 PM
MY biggest piece of advice.... don't move ne thing you really don't need....we moved 7 sets of bookshelves and two beds only to find they were of not use.... sell it and buy new stuff that works if need be :thumbsup

Slow Joe
07-06-2007, 12:30 AM
MY biggest piece of advice.... don't move ne thing you really don't need....we moved 7 sets of bookshelves and two beds only to find they were of not use.... sell it and buy new stuff that works if need be :thumbsup

What he said, that's why I cleared out so much stuff when we moved this time. I still have more to get rid of too... I'm sick of moving things that don't get used, especially since I've been doing it alot in the past 4 years (8 times to be exact not including moving storage)...

What I've learned is that instead of boxes, if you plan to move in the next couple years, plastic totes work 10,000 times better! They're stackable, and if you have breakable stuff it protects that better as long as you don't pack it stupid!

Don't forget to go to the post office and change your address or usps.com.

Call Time Warner (if applicable) like 2-3 weeks ahead of time... (I screwed this one up this time)

Go and clean there before you move stuff. We came here and cleaned up first, and it was a mess... Windows were dirty as hell, carpet needed to be cleaned (just steamed it tonight), bathrooms were kinda gross...

Oh, and have fun... :durr I'm like a moving expert sometimes... :shades :rolf

Mssplayboybunie
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
Anyone have any HELPFULL, SERIOUS tips? I'm pretty sure I have everything down. Just trying to think if I'm forgetting about anything.

I'm moving to an apartment in Greendale.

What Apts are you moving into? were moving into a townhouse near 51st and college kinda by the steakout restaurant in greendale. there's some apt's near there thats why I was wondering...

Mssplayboybunie
07-06-2007, 08:42 AM
*Edit..near the elementry school i meant.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-06-2007, 08:57 AM
my only piece of advice is take your time and try to relax. me and my wife have moved numerous times and usually by the end of the day we are at each others throats. relax, room by room and put everything where it is going to go, then you are not stepping over crap that does not belong there!

Feature Pony
07-06-2007, 09:01 AM
yes and if you move to an up stairs apt or 3rd floor, just remember what goes up must come down. I learned the hard way bought all new stuff had it delivered on the 3rd floor at tanglewood, had to move it myself when we moved into a house, moving sucked!!!

wikked
07-06-2007, 10:01 AM
1. If renting a diesel U-HAUL, scope out a 24hr gas station in the area that sells diesel, instead of driving around for an hour at 2am.

2. Don't let your new drunk neighbor help you move in.

Korndogg
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
What Apts are you moving into? were moving into a townhouse near 51st and college kinda by the steakout restaurant in greendale. there's some apt's near there thats why I was wondering...

Crocus Court Apartments. They are right behind the post office in the village.

Lash
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Are you moving just so Jason won't make fun of you anymore?

:goof

Tip of the day:

Don't move your girlfriend in with you. ;)

Korndogg
07-06-2007, 05:08 PM
My gf wont be moving in with me. And no...It's not because of Jason lol.

U wanna help? My friends are already starting to back out lol.

Korndogg
07-06-2007, 05:10 PM
oh and my cable is getting installed the day I move in.

I dont think I got too bad of a deal either.

DigiPic 1000 package with DVR and Road Runner for $90..obviously thats before taxes. Installation is free too

Feature Pony
07-06-2007, 05:10 PM
My gf wont be moving in with me. And no...It's not because of Jason lol.

Thats usually what happens everyone can help till that day and then the have some plans that pop up out of no where!!! Oh I have plans this weekend and next so sorry I can't help LOL

Korndogg
07-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I kinda figured that was gonna happen anyway.

Poncho
07-06-2007, 06:48 PM
here's my best advice.....

Put the Camaro in my garage.

Lash
07-06-2007, 08:32 PM

What day?

Mssplayboybunie
07-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I hope your APT experience is a lot better then ours was LOL, Im sure it's a lot nicer then Timber Ridge! You taking the maro with you?

Korndogg
07-07-2007, 02:16 AM
no the maro is staying here in a nice secure garage lol.

and Luke I'm moving on the 28th. Its a saturday.