PDA

View Full Version : No more Yi Jianlian

Neal Steffek
07-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Bucks are meeting with his agent and they are forcing a trade. Welcome to last place again this year. :chair::flipoff2::mad::fire

Karps TA
07-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Not necessarily. I mean I wasn't real thrilled about the teams big men not even being from the US. This may come of as sounding racist, but basketball is dominated by black men. And we were thinking having an Austrailian and a China-man taking them on?

That just sounds ridiculous. That's the premise of a Disney movie.

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
the bucks aren't going to trade him...so that means no more NBA for Yi...b/c the way i've read everything, he either has to sign with the team he's drafted by (unless they trade him) or go back to china land....

GRM-REPR
07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
He isn't even comparable to Yao, don't know why they even picked up this big bust. Bucks were told over and over that he will NOT play in Milwaukee. His agent is a punk and is searching for the most money for himself, not his client.

If he doesn't want to play here, fine, go and try to make millions in that backwoods shithole called China.

Good f'n luck.

Karps TA
07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I don't know why people take it personal. I mean if you were Chinese would you want to live in Milwaukee? This isn't a big asian city. If I was several thousand miles from home I'd want to be where people like me were too. I completely understand. Not too mention the team sucks balls.

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
yea...but the city doesn't have the austrian population either and bogut didn't complain...the guy wants to be a professional...then he should act like it and play for the team that drafted him....this reminds me of Eli Manning refusing to play for the Chargers when they drafted him in what 04.

GRM-REPR
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Beggars cannot be choosers Karp. He has a talent that only a fraction of the worlds population have, and I don't know if it is him so much as his agent that is steering him down this path.

He could make big bucks here, (no pun intended), and his manager say's No way.

If he wants to be with more of his own people, again, he can go play ball in his own country.

I'm not taking it too personal. An NBA team whether low or high on talent is still Pro.

Can't always have it perfect.

GRM-REPR
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
yea...but the city doesn't have the austrian population either and bogut didn't complain...the guy wants to be a professional...then he should act like it and play for the team that drafted him....this reminds me of Eli Manning refusing to play for the Chargers when they drafted him in what 04.

Good point...

(Cubs suck):devil

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 01:05 PM
^^^better record then the brewers latly

Karps TA
07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Bogut lived in the US for years and went to school here. He speaks english, just like they do in Australia. I work with 2 guys that are here from Japan. They end up going to Chicago every weekend to do stuff with asian people, becuase there are none here. They have to do their shopping down their as well.

If anything the Bucks are at fault. It's not like this wasn't widly known. They shouldn't have drafted a guy they NEVER had communications with. That's just a stupid gamble. So they're going to play hardball with him and force him to play here? Yeah that will work. He'll make a ton of money and play like shit. Or he could pull a Gary Sheffeild on us.

Theres nothing about that draft pick that made any amount of sense. It's so shitty that even Mike Sherman and Ted Thompson saw it and went, "damn that was stupid"

Nix
07-03-2007, 01:18 PM

exactly "latley", not overall at this point in time and no where even close... :thumbsup

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 01:29 PM
we'll see...the cubs are gonna win the season series...and since they went 24-10 to start the season...they've sucked alot

wheelsofsteel
07-03-2007, 01:46 PM
If you have read anything that Larry Harris said after the draft, he said he was "calling their bluff". That is how you run a professional team ?!?!? This isn't Russian Roulette !!!
Not to mention, what happen to the thought of drafting a needed player to help the team.
I am a huge Bucks fan although I will not feel sorry for us if get burned with this whole deal. Then Larry Harris will be unemployed and rightfully so.

Nix
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
we'll see...the cubs are gonna win the season series...and since they went 24-10 to start the season...they've sucked alot

You mean the series bewteen the Brewers and Cubs? Thats fine and dandy if they do but they will not make the playoffs and IF the did they would get their asses handed to them. We will see in the long run what happens bro.:headbang

GRM-REPR
07-03-2007, 02:02 PM

So, but not where it counts:)

HP ADDICT
07-03-2007, 03:28 PM
If we keep Yi and he plays like shit it will only make him look bad and lower his value to other teams in the NBA. Even if you don't like the team you don't want to look like crap since your just hurting your stats. If you can't look like a standout on the bucks then your a nobody. I just wish we would have taken Brewer instead.

jamest
07-03-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't know why people take it personal. I mean if you were Chinese would you want to live in Milwaukee? This isn't a big asian city. If I was several thousand miles from home I'd want to be where people like me were too. I completely understand. Not too mention the team sucks balls.

His agent isn't Drew Rosensomething is it?

hrsp
07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
he either plays here or goes back to china....unless we decide to move him....

ITS ALL BS... if your drafted by a team thats who you play for for the time being...not wanting to go to a small market team or a shitty team is ridiculous....what if oden or durant said i dont wanna play there cause there not enough blacks in portland and the team sucks..i wanna play in these 3 cities...the league would be FUKKED.... everyone would be playing in miami....lol

players being drafted have lost sight that its A FUKKKING PRIVELAGE TO PLAY IN THERE RESPECTED SPORTS..THEY ARE NOBODYS AS OF NOW...especially this punk...

jamest
07-03-2007, 03:33 PM
How much is it the agent being a douche than the player?

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 06:23 PM
from what i understand it's mostly his representatives that are wanting him to play in a large market city

theavenger333
07-03-2007, 08:09 PM
the guy was drafted. if he didn't like it, his big dumb ass should have gone through Free Agency and made squat for money. reminds me EXACTLY of Eli Manning. the way the system works, you get drafted, you play. the big idiot doesn't like it? he doesn't get to touch the draft again for 4 years.

PB86MCSS
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM

Not sure where you've been the last few weeks but the Brewers have been one of the hottest teams, ever since getting no hit by the Tigers. I guess since they lost a series this past weekend that was erased :rolleyes: ;) . It will be a close race either way, funny to see the Cubs struggle after overpaying for many players this past off-season.

wikked
07-03-2007, 08:33 PM
THEY ARE NOBODYS AS OF NOW...especially this punk...

Honestly, I never even heard of him until the other day... wheretf did he play?

flyin_blue_egg
07-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Not sure where you've been the last few weeks but the Brewers have been one of the hottest teams, ever since getting no hit by the Tigers. I guess since they lost a series this past weekend that was erased :rolleyes: ;) . It will be a close race either way, funny to see the Cubs struggle after overpaying for many players this past off-season.

where have you been the since june 1st....the cubs have been hot since the barrett/zambrano fight

speaking of overpaying for people...hows jeff suppan doing compared to say lilly??

hrsp
07-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Honestly, I never even heard of him until the other day... wheretf did he play?

in the china league and world leagues..lol thats about it...and played against the american team some time....

also his age is all fukked up they say hes 19 but he could be like 22+..lol

HAMRHEAD
07-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Wait, is this about baseball or basketball? Or did the brewers or cubs draft this chinese fella and he realized it was the wrong sport :stare?

IMO this guy should play were he's drafted or turn in his passport and go home for not playing nice with others :durr! Go choke on an eggroll you fruitcake:chair:

PB86MCSS
07-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Since June 1st the Cubs are 20-10 while the Brewers are 17-11. Not much of a difference plus its a shame they count April and May to the totals. Long way to go....Brewers haven't really lost but more than 1.5 games since then in the standings. At that pace the Brewers will still win the division...

flyin_blue_egg
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
but at one point the brewers were like 10.5 games up on the cubs/cards...no they're only 5.5 games up on the cubs....thats a 5 game difference...i don't know where you got you 1.5 games from

PB86MCSS
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Over the past month. At that rate (1.5 per month), the Crew still wins it. Even when the Brewers were playing horrible they maintained a large enough lead.

flyin_blue_egg
07-04-2007, 11:58 AM
well there's still 70-something games left...thats a lot of games for the brewers to fall flat

PB86MCSS
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
True. Likewise for the Cubbies.

HITMAN
07-04-2007, 12:53 PM
well there's still 70-something games left...thats a lot of games for the Scrubs to fall flat

I heartily agree. ;) Now why don't you take your Chicago lovin' ass back to the flatland where you obviously belong? :loser

flyin_blue_egg
07-04-2007, 10:05 PM
to bad im not even from IL....i could never live in that god forsaken state