PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of some good campsites

Deggy
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Any information on location, cost, and all that kinda stuff would be great....

and please....anywhere but somewhere in the Dells....

thanks guys

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2007, 04:47 PM
GO HERE! http://www.westwardhocampresort.com/ it is a little bit of a drive for you but well worth it. I know the owners and you will have a blast there. tons of stuff to do, even for adults. horseshoe tourney every saturday, pool volleyball, bar, dancing! it is the best campground i have ever stayed at!

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2007, 04:49 PM
better call and book early though, fills up fast!

fireguyrick
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Are you looking for real CAMPING or sissy camping. The difference is in accomodations. Real camping is the under the stars or tent, no running water or electricity, and so forth. Or are you looking for the sissy camping?

I can give suggestions from that point. I pretty much only do real camping like things, as I am an outdoors person. I know a few hike in camp grounds that are great, but like I said, they are hike ins.

Do you want to be on a lake? Fishing? What kind of fishing? Water skiing? Decent area to swim? How far do you want to go?

Rick

Deggy
06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
well i'd love to go REAL camping, but my girlfriend wants to at least be able to take a shower...so maybe some suggestion for as you called it "sissy camping"

fireguyrick
06-29-2007, 07:57 PM
well i'd love to go REAL camping, but my girlfriend wants to at least be able to take a shower...so maybe some suggestion for as you called it "sissy camping"

Let me get back to you on this Saturday. My In-Laws do a lot of camping at places that have running water and electricity. Nothing really wrong with sissy camping, and I will be honest, it is better then freezing your ass off when the weather takes a turn south. I have camped a *few* times where the weather dropped into the freezing area along with lovely freezing rain (though this is usually when I camp around Memorial Day or so).

Rick

Anywhere around Minoqua (not sure if the spelling is right) should have something like you are looking for. The DNR actually has a semi decent website for state campgrounds, you might want to try there too.

Deggy
06-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Let me get back to you on this Saturday. My In-Laws do a lot of camping at places that have running water and electricity. Nothing really wrong with sissy camping, and I will be honest, it is better then freezing your ass off when the weather takes a turn south. I have camped a *few* times where the weather dropped into the freezing area along with lovely freezing rain (though this is usually when I camp around Memorial Day or so).

Rick

Anywhere around Minoqua (not sure if the spelling is right) should have something like you are looking for. The DNR actually has a semi decent website for state campgrounds, you might want to try there too.

thanks rick, just get back to me whenever you can...

hrsp
06-29-2007, 09:03 PM
sleep in your yard????? lol

DCDZ28
06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Check out the State Parks...

We really like Kohler Andre near Sheboygan. It is right on the lake with a nice beach and has nature trails for hiking and such. Also most of the campsites are wooded so you are not on top of your neighbor and have some privacy.

You can see available sites at www.reserveamerica.com

theavenger333
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
travelwisconsin.com works too. google also will not blow up if you use it

u_say_go
06-30-2007, 11:02 AM
www.jellystonewarrens.com FTMFW!