PDA

View Full Version : Damn Warranty Issues!!!!!

84hurst
06-28-2007, 12:30 PM
So I took my truck in to Holz today to have a few things taken care of under warranty. Almost all of the issues I've had have been with the Regency conversion. I took it in for the CAI that was rubbing against the hood insulation, wearing it out (second time in 8K), the rear spoiler is loose (double-stick tape :rolleyes:), a burnt out fog light (also second time in 8K), a peeling stripe on the hood, broken mounts on the CAI, which I believe happened when they fixed the hood insulation the first time, and a burnt out corner light. Remind me why I paid almost $1400 for a BUMPER TO BUMPER warranty when NONE of this shit is covered???? I was told in the finance office when I bought the truck that after the 3yr/36k warranty is over, the warranty that I bought is just like the factory one and EVERYTHING is covered, including all of the conversion components. All this shit from a dealership I used to work at! No help at all. Even Regency told me there is nothing they can do for me. The guy told me I should take Holz to small claims! Rant over.....for now. :fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire

Nix
06-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Man it sounds like dealerships are getting even more shady on work/warranties than ever. Have you actually considered taking it to small claims? Or can you for that matter?:confused

84hurst
06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Man it sounds like dealerships are getting even more shady on work/warranties than ever. Have you actually considered taking it to small claims? Or can you for that matter?:confused

I don't think I can take them to court, I would think it would be either the warranty company or GM itself.

theavenger333
06-28-2007, 04:42 PM
sounds like what happened to me, when i got my GTP i got an aftermarket warranty, it was described to me as a powertrain warranty, with all motor components included, belts, pulleys etc. the tensioner on the blower belt froze, ate my new gatorback belt, and melted the pulley. i took it in and they told me that part of the system is classified under the cooling system. a supercharger pulley!

Ricky Bobby
06-28-2007, 05:18 PM
thats why i never buy a warranty more money for them and for shit they dont cover anyway

Breecher_7
06-29-2007, 06:31 AM
You need to get on the phone with that warranty company and go to town on them..... You should be able to get it resolved.

Waver
06-29-2007, 06:46 AM
lets see, I bought a warrenty on a used car that was bumber to bumper....first the starter went out of it....not covered because it was with in the first 3k....not a problem......2k later the timing belt goes......not covered...not a problem, got that fixed in one night....three months after purchace the transmission goes.....not covered....Why? because I didnt put in an automatic trans conditioner into a manual trans car......BULLSHIT!

I have come to the conclusion that geting an extended warrenty will eigther bleed you dry with the deductable, like what hapened to a friend of mikey's (muddrunner) and mine, or a easy way for stealerships to bend you over backwards and do you up the ass for more money....

Reverend Cooper
06-29-2007, 07:20 AM
no offense but the extended warranties all come with literature as to what items are covered and items that are excluded its given to you when you purchased it, you would have then signed a contract stating you READ AND UNDERSTOOD the warranty and its contents. he said she said does not stand up in court without a witness. lesson learned dont buy and sign if you dont know for sure. not being a **** here or insulting just my 2 cents worth

Waver
06-29-2007, 07:35 AM
no offense but the extended warranties all come with literature as to what items are covered and items that are excluded its given to you when you purchased it, you would have then signed a contract stating you READ AND UNDERSTOOD the warranty and its contents. he said she said does not stand up in court without a witness. lesson learned dont buy and sign if you dont know for sure. not being a **** here or insulting just my 2 cents worth
I have to agree with that......and stay away from anything that you have to add to your oil/trans

Car Guy
06-29-2007, 08:29 AM
I will only say this once, be VERY cautious in considering an aftermarket warranty...!!! There are many different companies out there, some are decent but some are total scams. The 'shady' companies have spent lots and lots of $$$ on lawyers to write up the contracts so it may look like everything is covered, but in reality they can weasel out of most everything.....

Why do you think that so many used car 'lots' [big or small] push so hard to sell them, they're big money makers...!!!

:3gears::3gears::3gears: