PDA

View Full Version : We lost another rider to a drunk driver

pOrk
06-28-2007, 02:28 AM
Got back from the memorial a little while ago, many thanks to everyone who rode down with me tonight and everyone who showed up to show their condolences.

RIP Steve Manning aka "Moonie"

Link:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8202742.html

East Side Motorcycle Crash Kills 1: web-exclusive video
Jenn Rourke
MILWAUKEE - A 33-year-old Milwaukee man is dead after his motorcycle and a car collided head-on early Wednesday morning on the east side.

It happened at Bartlett and North Ave. at 2:02 a.m. in front of a McDonald's. Police say a 22-year-old woman driving eastbound on North Ave. turned in front of the motorcyclist while trying to get to McDonald's.

She is in police custody on suspicion of drunk driving and could be charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle.

Flight for Life transported the victim to a hospital after he sustained massive head injuries. It is unclear whether he died en route or at the hospital.

The motorcycle lay crushed at the car's front fender, with a helmet lying yards down the street.

No one in the car was hurt.

Another link:
http://www.themilwaukeescene.com/for...ic,3149.0.html

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 02:30 AM
man. im sorry to hear this.. drunk drivers piss me off. losses like that are always hard Eric.

Yooformula
06-28-2007, 03:23 AM
man that sucks sorry to hear about it. another reason why drunk drivers need to rot in jail. If you havent been caught or caused an accident then consider yourself and others lucky. Once you get caught, ROT!

Z28Envy
06-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Very sorry to hear about your friend Eric. I hope she goes to jail for a long time!

ProjectCamaro
06-28-2007, 06:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Pork, it's never easy to loose a friend. And then loosing them like this just makes it worse.

I hope the woman rots in jail for the rest of her life for murdering your friend.

blitzkrieg
06-28-2007, 06:32 AM
I grew up with Moonie. Haven't seen him in about 7 years.
Really sucks.

Dennis

Waver
06-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Sorry to hear that man.....anything that I can do, let me know

Breecher_7
06-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Seems like everyone around here gets knocked off by drunk drivers..... Back in california it was people wrecking in the canyons.... Either way another rider down is a sad story. RIP.

Holeshot
06-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Jesus Man sorry for the loss .Like Yoof said Drunk Drivers should rot. There is no Fooking excuse for someone to be on the street with 6 plus drink driving convictions like this clown

Man charged with sixth drunken-driving offense

Waukesha - A five-time drunken driver was charged Wednesday with committing the crime for the sixth time after his car struck a tree in Menomonee Falls.
Patrick J. Rady, 38, of Jackson was charged with felony drunken driving in a criminal complaint that says the collision occurred Tuesday night at Greenview Ave. and Lisbon Road. When police arrived, according to the complaint, Rady was sitting on the front porch of a nearby home, being treated by emergency personnel.

"I was coming from a bar and that's all I'm going to say," Rady told the first police officer to arrive at the scene, according to the complaint.

Asked if he could perform a field sobriety test, Rady declined, saying he was "very drunk," the complaint says.

Flight_740
06-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Moonie was known well in the Milwaukee party scene. He was always out and i have heard nothing but good about him.

Cutlass Queen
06-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss Pork :(

flyin_blue_egg
06-28-2007, 11:14 AM
sorry to hear bout you loss

STANMAN
06-28-2007, 11:48 AM
My prayers go out for your friend, and to help you along in your healing process.

Looking at the link, how fast was that woman going, I mean the cars front end looks more like a car/car accident, not car/bike.

Flight_740
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Here he is. Moonie memorial photo's.

http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/Moonie/

WickedSix
06-28-2007, 11:58 AM
:( sorry to hear about the loss. Too many riders seem to be finding this fate lately, tragic when people don't think about how their actions can affect others. :crying

Nix
06-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Sorry for your los dude, other than that this filthy whore and excuse for a human being will get hers when judgment time comes... you better believe that...

Silver03SRT
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
A guy that I work with got a call yesterday morning about the news. My friend was saying that moonie he just traded his old bike in for a new one. I guess last night he went down to the mc donalds then everyone went over to cush.

hrsp
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
sorry to hear man....hope she gets whats coming to her...

lilws6
06-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Damn i'm sorry for the loss. Shes only been alowed to drink for 2 years and shes driving yea good one. I know a few freinds that drive drunk and it makes me angry even tho they are my freinds i do hope they find out some day why they shouldn't do it.

pOrk
06-28-2007, 04:54 PM
I think both partys were going a bit fast, the woman was in too much of a hurry to get her 1/4 pounder with cheese and Moonie had to pay for it. Moonie was one of those guys that everyone loved, he got along with EVERYONE and he spent a good majority of his time partying on the east side.

Those that drive while under the influence of anything don't deserve to drive to begin with. That includes the pot heads and those who take sleep aids on there way home from work to conk out when they get home. Really pisses me off.

nismodave
06-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I knew Moonie as well, but I also heard that he was drinking alcohol and was traveling at a high rate of speed.

RIP.

JC70SS
06-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Sorry also, but I heard he was doing 70 mph on North ave? Not smart. Bikes suck.

awsomeears
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Moonie was known well in the Milwaukee party scene. He was always out and i have heard nothing but good about him.

Ive seen him out everytime I was out, never talked to him but he seemed to stick out and was always smiling.

Sad stuff...........

I think speed may be a factor and that the bike and car crashing may be due to the MPH he was going. Turning in front of a Bike that is coming at you around 35 vs. 70 mph comes way to fast.

If that is the case its a shame, everyone knows at times speeds a sucker for us gear heads !!!

Sad stuff...........