PDA

View Full Version : eBay Idiots. Local ones.

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 05:57 PM
So every couple days, I like to go on eBay Motors and browse the cars for sale that are within say 150 miles of me.

Get this- Lakeland Auto, Holiday Auto, Ernie Von Schledorn, Gordie Boucher, Sommers Auto, Neuville Motors, Soerens Ford , Waukesha Jag, Braeger, and Chuck Van Horn Dodge- have goddamn near EVERY SINGLE CAR in their inventories on eBay.

Some kind of goings on here?

So now, anyone searching for local vehicles on eBay has to sift through ONE HUNDRED..... YES... ONE ******* HUNDRED additional PAGES of 30-day-auction, set-price bullshit just to see MAYBE 75 private party cars within 100 miles of me.

Complete abuse of the system, IMO. If eBay wants to allow this crap, them IMO they should have a 'Dealer' section.

Doesnt even pay to go look for cars on ebay anymore unless you know EXACTLY what you're looking for, because apparently these dealerships can't hire anyone worth their salt in their respective sales departments.

Douchebags.

Brandon W.
06-27-2007, 06:43 PM
hell why should ebay care?...either way there making there money. ill bet there more then happy to have dealerships put the cars up. ebay makes money whether or not the car sells.

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh I'm sure ebay doesnt care. They dont give two shits about anything but their bottom line.

Which is probably why their stock prices and customer satisfatction ratings have been steadily sliding into the shitter.

Yooformula
06-27-2007, 06:48 PM
yeah but they make a ton off of paypal and nobody is going to buy something if they cant find a listing. i agree a dealer section would be nice.

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I wouldnt necessarily care so much, but it used to be only one or two places that would advertise cars that they couldnt move themselves locally, or something they wanted to move quickly.

What used to take 3-4 pages is now a 110+ page hunt, having to read between lines and suck up someone elses propaganda.

I find it ridiculous, honestly. Craigslist just implemented a dealer / private party split system, and it works fine.

Slow Joe
06-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I remember talking about this idea when I worked at EVS and I said it was a horrible idea...

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Pickard I look for cheap cars on ebay in the exact fashion you desribe and all the expensive junk got listed on there like what a month ago.
I agree its horrible and it has DETERED me from doing my quite often junk browsings on ebay.
Its for all brands too its awful.

WickedSix
06-27-2007, 08:10 PM
fyi, for future searches you can use ebays advanced search (next to the search button) and goto the show only section, click buying options and select auctions from the pull down tab. Then no more fixed price bs clutter :thumbsup

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
fyi, for future searches you can use ebays advanced search (next to the search button) and goto the show only section, click buying options and select auctions from the pull down tab. Then no more fixed price bs clutter :thumbsup

Thanks for the tip. I will try it out.

Still, for those people who arent computer-saavy, this is still a gigantic issue IMO.

So much so that I sent a LONG complaint email to eBay. I'm sure I'll get a 3-line "Go **** Yourself" email from them.

USMARINE1108
06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I remember talking about this idea when I worked at EVS and I said it was a horrible idea...

Why? I agree that it's annoying for us, but from a dealer's perspective it's a good idea I would think.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-28-2007, 09:35 PM
well i am not sure about the other dealers but EVS uses EBIZ Autos. this is a comapny that goes to dealerships and pretty much does all the ebay work for us. personally i find it a waste of money becasue all we ever see are stupid bids anyway, but the boss must like it!