PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Horse problem

Firefighter Z
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Has anyone been getting hit with a Trojan Horse?

I got hit 3 times with (Trojan-pushu) that my software has picked and I've been getting them when I vistited BCM.

Anyone have this problem?

Brandon W.
06-27-2007, 12:59 PM
thankfully not yet. (knock on wood)

theavenger333
06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
they tend to latch themselves onto something on your computer you use frequently. in this case it could be attached to your bookmark for this site, or a cookie for this site. try clearly all your temp internet files, and or cookies if you can't ditch it

Firefighter Z
06-28-2007, 12:37 AM
ya i tried all of that still no use, my software keeps picking it up trying to get into my computer. Picked it up 5 times and it sits in quarentine.

BTW BCM isnt the problem now. I think its that myspace crap that the g/f goes on.

wikked
06-28-2007, 01:13 AM
search your hard-drive for a file called winspool.exe
There are 2 legitimate versions of this file in these folders:
1 - c:\windows\system32
2 - c:\windows\system32\dllcache

If there are any others, shift+delete if possible, don't just send it to the recycle bin, where it's actually not deleted at all, and can still wreak havoc =P
if not... let me know.

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 01:13 AM
the "quarentine" is gay. when i used to have virus problems.. it would sit in "quarentine" but would keep showing up..over nd over and over...so i did what every other smart person does.. ditched norton.. i have had no issues since then.

wikked
06-28-2007, 01:17 AM
the "quarentine" is gay. when i used to have virus problems.. it would sit in "quarentine" but would keep showing up..over nd over and over...so i did what every other smart person does.. ditched norton.. i have had no issues since then.

It keeps showing up over & over, because the file just duplicates itself before Norton's truly has a chance to quarantine it.
Those types of virii/spyware are a little more complicated to get rid of, and best left to the experts (cough) :D

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 01:23 AM
It keeps showing up over & over, because the file just duplicates itself before Norton's truly has a chance to quarantine it.
Those types of virii/spyware are a little more complicated to get rid of, and best left to the experts (cough) :D

well ya my uncle Dan (PNAD) came and solved my problem with that "hijack This" i think it was called.. no problems since.

Firefighter Z
06-28-2007, 01:27 AM
i dont have norton.. i have webroot spysweeper that picked it up

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 01:29 AM
i dont have norton.. i have webroot spysweeper that picked it up

i have Zone Alarm now. and the windows firewall up.. seems to be working.:headbang

Firefighter Z
06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
search your hard-drive for a file called winspool.exe
There are 2 legitimate versions of this file in these folders:
1 - c:\windows\system32
2 - c:\windows\system32\dllcache

If there are any others, shift+delete if possible, don't just send it to the recycle bin, where it's actually not deleted at all, and can still wreak havoc =P
if not... let me know.

Nothing came up, just "windspool"

Firefighter Z
06-28-2007, 01:32 AM
This software is pretty good, to bad its up in August

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 01:33 AM
zone alarm is FREE!!!!!!

Firefighter Z
06-28-2007, 01:38 AM
this came on the computer when i bought an dgot afree suscription for a year so im just using it up. after that, then its to Zone alarm.

Kerrie
06-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Nothing came up, just "windspool"

after you run the search, the results should tell you location in the middle column. it says "in folder" on mine. look at the end, it should be /system32 at the end. anything else is wrong.

also, myspace is INFAMOUS for spyware, adware, trackers, all that bad crap. if you are uncomfortable with it, suggest she use facebook, not near the spam. however, i would just suggest clearing all teh temp. internet files and cookies after each myspace visit and make sure she doesn't click on anything supsicious.

Brandon W.
06-28-2007, 02:08 AM
just tell her to not click on any of the ads or banners..should be fine

Kerrie
06-28-2007, 02:16 AM
thats not necessarily true. there are profiles that are bad...spam ones that if you click on, can kind of **** things up.