PDA

View Full Version : Hendrick Racing- Where cheaters prosper!

07ROUSHSTG3
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
when are they going to really crack down on these morons. these teams have been caught cheating so many times:confused

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/26/jgordon.jjohnson.penalties/index.html

07ROUSHSTG3
06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
i get a kick out of how bad other major league sports get ripped for being a bad influence on kids, how about when the kids see these 2 lovebirds winning races, only to later find out that they cheated, but the next week it is all forgotten when they get to win again!

nismodave
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Omg...Everyone looks for an advantage and tries to find a grey area.

Call them cheaters if you want, Gordon still has the point lead, and is on his way to the Cup.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
and Bonds will break the home run record, most don't like that either! i just find it funny how 1 team can get caught cheating so many times and no real punishment other than a little cash and some points, that really don't matter anymore because of the new format.

nismodave
06-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Ben Leslie, Jack Roush, Mark Martin, Roush Racing (Mark Martin), November 2002, Rockingham, illegal left-front spring (4 3/8th coils instead of 4 1/2 coils). Martin and Roush were fined 25 race points, Leslie was fined $5,000. The penalty all but removed Martin from the title chase with one race to go.

How about that one???

nismodave
06-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Or this???

http://nascar.suite101.com/article.cfm/nascar_penalizes_kenseth_kahne

nismodave
06-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Or this...

Crew chief for the Roush Racing Ford F-150 driven by David Ragan at Martinsville Speedway was fined for a Craftsman Truck Series rules infraction.

Matthew Puccia has been fined $2,500 for "Unapproved transmission gear ratio between 1.00:1 and 1.28:1 will not be permitted"(NASCAR Rule Book). The infraction on the #50 Ford, a third gear ratio of 1.15:1, was found during opening day inspection on October 19.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-26-2007, 04:16 PM
not saying that they are the only ones that ever get caught cheating, but they have been caught the most!

flyin_blue_egg
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
like nismo said everyone tries to bend the rules as much as possible....and you can't say they were cheating all along, thus allowing them to win more races as they have to put their cars through inspection before every race

07ROUSHSTG3
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
maybe they are just bad at it?!?! cheating that is.

Crawlin
06-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I say... be creative... the smokey yunick way :)

WickedSix
06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
maybe they are just bad at it?!?! cheating that is.

;) thats the key to going roundy round you keep pushing til you get caught and then find new avenues to persue. Spirit of competitive edge :thumbsup

nismodave
06-26-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/26/penalty.impact.jgordon.jjohnson/index.html

And from Motorsport.com

"From our standpoint, this car has been a new process for us vs. the old car, our Monte Carlo. The cars are built in the same area at Hendrick Motorsports, there are specific plates that build different cars for different shops but I think from our standpoint, we felt we understood what the process was as far as inspecting these cars and what was okay and not okay," commented Doug Duchardt, vice president of development at Hendrick Motorsports last Friday at Infineon Raceway.

Obviously it would be irresponsible of us to take excessive risk and put ourselves in this position and we felt like we could work in between those templates. It was our understanding, added Duchardt at the time. "Obviously we didn't understand that correctly and we found out the hard way. And that's as simple as that. We worked in between the templates and that wasn't okay."

pickardracing
06-26-2007, 05:24 PM
If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.

DirtyMax
06-26-2007, 06:23 PM
If you aint cheatin, you aint tryin.
W3rd...

Technically, the cars fit in NASCAR's template I do believe....

I think they just crossed into a grey area and got called on it.

WickedSix
06-26-2007, 06:27 PM
"I thought the world wanted thinking outside the box?" :rolf:rolf our old rule book in cal said for the last rule 'any modification not specifically mentioned in the rules is prohibited' the dang catch all rule :chair:

Brandon W.
06-26-2007, 07:02 PM
out of all this.. what i find the most funny is how the Nascar Tech's really rip into these cars to find these things. they completely disassemble the cars and go through EVERYTHING. i give a +1 to nascar and there tech's

u_say_go
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Nascar sucks! The rules are ridiculous! I understand that they want all of the cars equal to provide close racing action, but it's getting out of hand penalizing these guys for the smallest schit! That's why I love short track racing and old school dirt track racing- run whatchya brung!
As far as Barry Bonds goes...I'd love to see him smack 100 homers this, and every, year. Baseball fans are so up in arms about his steroid use, but really, WHO CARES! Players are paid to go out there and play baseball (entertain)the people in the stands and those watching on TV. I would like to see every player juiced up to the max and sending balls out to the parking lot. Who wants to see some dopey little schit hitting the ball barely past the pitcher!?
It's all entertainment folks...sit back and enjoy

Reverend Cooper
06-26-2007, 07:35 PM
you cant argue with dave gordon, jeff gordins balls are in his mouth youll get nowhere,point is anyone else would be fined and points lost,but not hendrick and the rainblow warrior.

dave gordons comeback in

Memphis
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Omg...Everyone looks for an advantage and tries to find a grey area.

Call them cheaters if you want, Gordon still has the point lead, and is on his way to the Cup.

I'm not a Johnson or Gordon fan, but realistically they cheated. Will it win or lose a championship? No, but its still cheating. Both crew chiefs suspended six races, 100,000 fines for the crew chiefs, 100 driver points each and each team 100 owner points. Same as earnhardt 5 weeks ago for a car of tomorrow rule "infraction." Like em or not, they cheated, which is nothing new...most, if not all teams cheat...but this time they got caught. This is Knauss third time in a little over a year. Guess hes not as good as hiding it as others! You can go back to the beginning of NASCAR and find cheaters on record with punishments, just the punishments get more and more each year. Listen to DW when he's in the booth and he talks about all the things they got away with back in the day!

flyin_blue_egg
06-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Nascar sucks! The rules are ridiculous! I understand that they want all of the cars equal to provide close racing action, but it's getting out of hand penalizing these guys for the smallest schit! That's why I love short track racing and old school dirt track racing- run whatchya brung!
As far as Barry Bonds goes...I'd love to see him smack 100 homers this, and every, year. Baseball fans are so up in arms about his steroid use, but really, WHO CARES! Players are paid to go out there and play baseball (entertain)the people in the stands and those watching on TV. I would like to see every player juiced up to the max and sending balls out to the parking lot. Who wants to see some dopey little schit hitting the ball barely past the pitcher!?
It's all entertainment folks...sit back and enjoy

i'm with you on the bonds thing...in my eyes the big thing that people are forgetting is that although roids do make you stronger they do nothing to help you actually make contact with the ball. It don't matter how strong you are, if you hit the ball on top it's gonna be a grounder everytime

nismodave
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
you cant argue with dave gordon, jeff gordins balls are in his mouth youll get nowhere,point is anyone else would be fined and points lost,but not hendrick and the rainblow warrior.

dave gordons comeback in

Made my point already...Your precious Jackoff Roush team has done dirt also.

Non Hendrick supporters are just up in arms because Hendrick is wiping the mat with everyone.

Holeshot
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Nascar today is a joke and its only going to get worse. The glory days are gone and all but forgotten. Until Nascar starts hitting drivers / teams where it really hearts like suspending drivers from racing instead of fining then the shit will continue. The money fines don't mean crap and points only hurt if your in the chase. I say hit the driver/ teams where it really hurts. Suspend them from racing with no replacement driver the car and driver gets parked for that race.

Why don't they do that? because the sponsor's spend millions to see that car on the track not on the hauler going home and losing revenue/

Deggy
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
cheating is cheating...if it isn't in the rule book that you can do it..then you can't..

but if you can get away with it, more power to you...

Karps TA
06-27-2007, 07:40 AM
This is the dumbest thread ever. Racing and Cheating have always been hand in hand. All the drivers and teams try to do it. Some fail, many succeed. To make it sounds like Gordon has won all the races he has because he always cheats it the dumbest thing I ever heard. Like the guy or not, he can drive the hell out of a car. Heck the guy started at the back of the pack and still ended up finishing pretty good. And you know damn well his car was in spec.

Here's another article on cnnsi about cheating in Nascar
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/lars_anderson/06/26/nascar.cheating2/index.html

Holeshot
06-27-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't care about any certain driver or team. Jeff Gorden has earned his place in Cup. I know cheating happens and more power if you don't get caught.
My beef is with NASCAR its self and it's inconsistancies.

twicks69
06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Let me get this straight...So they put "speed" dents in their fenders to increase downforce over the front wheels?

All of this crap over that? Did they even have a chance to test it to see if it actually helped or hurt?

Either way, NASCAR rules and regulations SUCK -- if they wanted to make it competitive, and have the driver as the key factor, they should all be put in race prepped C6 Z06's or the other end of the spectrum...a 1993 Geo Metro LSi.

Their rules restrict technology and innovation. Anyone can make 700-800HP out of a motor in their league. It is all in suspension design, aerodynamic design, and efficiency (drag, fuel, friction surfaces, traction). Make them do it in a 4-cylinder fuel injected class, or something interesting and different. Otherwise, allow to have "real" competition come into the sport. i.e. JGTC cars.

Either way, they are only good at going fast, turning left, and doing burnouts at the finish line. Not really my cup of tea. I will stick with LeMans, JGTC, autocross, time attack and of course...Drag Racing.

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2007, 08:13 PM
yeah i agree with getting away with it being ok,but if you get caught you should be beeyatch slapped. because the rainblow warrior is getting away with it its ok, but if they do start laying the smack down dave gordon will just say the haters are picking on him. lol
how long before jimmie and jr. leave when all they get to do is block and slingshot for homordon?