PDA

View Full Version : Ford , Chevy and Totota test video

BOSS LX
06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Hmmmmmm. The Ford does great, the Chevy does ok, and the toyota does....:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShwG9l1F0Q&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eautoblog%2Ecom%2F2007%2F06 %2F25%2Fvideo%2Dfords%2Dsilver%2Dcreek%2Dtruck%2Dt orture%2Dtest%2Dtrack%2F

DynoTom
06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Damn, that Tundra really flexes a lot !

Car Guy
06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Very interesting, I wish they would have also tested Dodge and Nissan's trucks.....

I must say I'm a little surprised at how flimsy the Toyota was, but not the Ford. That's because Ford trucks are REAL trucks that are made to haul/tow things like a real truck should. Not take your mother-in-law to Church every sunday because it rides like a Lexus.....

But don't count Toyota out for good, this IS there first real shot at a full sized pickup and it's only going to get better with time. They've had one of the better/best small pickups for some time so they're not stupid.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Al
06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
The bed of the Toyota!!! ROTFLOL

DynoTom
06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Looks like the Ford in general had a much easier time holding the road too?

BOSS LX
06-26-2007, 03:37 PM
IMO the new F-150 is the best, and toughest 1/2 ton ever made!

WickedSix
06-26-2007, 06:43 PM
toy ~ shake that a$$ show me whacha got :rolf:rolf:rolf damn :eek:

lilws6
06-26-2007, 09:21 PM
they just can't drive that chevy go faster the vebrations will stop ;)

70challenger
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
thought the box was gonna fall off the yota

Reverend Cooper
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
toyota ftmfw lolol

STANMAN
06-27-2007, 12:30 AM
And Toyota just had a recall, over 4000 camshafts made out of spec, causing them to SEPERATE under load, like they are 2 piece or something. Weird!!

Breecher_7
06-27-2007, 06:51 AM
IMO the new F-150 is the best, and toughest 1/2 ton ever made!

And dont forget the most underpowered! :thumbsup

BOSS LX
06-27-2007, 07:14 AM

I agree. I guess I don't care if my 1/2 ton 4x4 truck runs 16.0's or 17.0's. I have towed 7,000+ lbs with a 2006 supercrew and never did I say it would be nice to have more power.

Car Guy
06-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I've towed with both and I don't think there's that big of a difference, yeah a little but I'd rather have a better built truck.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Waver
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM

well it kind of feels that way now dosnt it, however I would want my truck to hold the road and not have the bed fall off on me eigther....Ill still take the ford

Anakonda69
06-27-2007, 10:54 AM
the ford did good and all but every other design on their trucks is crap....i would much rather have a truck that bounced around more on whoops but was mechanically sound.....the toyota was just sad.....ugly as sin too......i'll take the chevy over any of them any day......but then again it's all about experience......my dad being a mechanic i get to hear lots of horror stories about cars....most of them about ford trucks.....

BOSS LX
06-27-2007, 10:57 AM
Everyone has an opinion. I think Ford trucks are way superior.

But can we all agree that the Toyota is a big POS!:rolf

Waver
06-27-2007, 11:21 AM
the ford did good and all but every other design on their trucks is crap....i would much rather have a truck that bounced around more on whoops but was mechanically sound.....the toyota was just sad.....ugly as sin too......i'll take the chevy over any of them any day......but then again it's all about experience......my dad being a mechanic i get to hear lots of horror stories about cars....most of them about ford trucks.....

funny, how when I worked at a shop the vehicles that saw the most time in the shop was dodge...hardly ever a ford or a chevy....But then again, with in 45k on my buddys chevy truck he had the truck into the dealer for 10 major things, like the engine, trans, transfer case, ect.......

Breecher_7
06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I wish i could take all three and throw them together, Ford frame, dodge axles, gm engine and trans....now that woudl be a truck. They all have there pros and cons......

Waver
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
gm engine with out the dex crap.....dont want to have to change out the intake gasket within 50k

Anakonda69
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
funny, how when I worked at a shop the vehicles that saw the most time in the shop was dodge...hardly ever a ford or a chevy....But then again, with in 45k on my buddys chevy truck he had the truck into the dealer for 10 major things, like the engine, trans, transfer case, ect.......

like i said personal experience.....kind of luck of the draw.....thats how things work when they are built on an assembly line...somtimes things go together well other times not.....i've never had anything go wrong with my vehicle that i wasn't expecting......only had gm's so no need to give another brand a chance till my chevy forces me to look elsewhere

70challenger452
06-27-2007, 07:38 PM
my dad being a mechanic i get to hear lots of horror stories about cars....most of them about ford trucks.....

and teir all true, as a shop b**** I can tell you I've helped my brother work on stuff and work on some other stuff on my own, fords suck to work on, not as bad as imports though, those really suck, if I wasn't a dodge guy I would definatly buy the GM product

Deggy
06-27-2007, 08:05 PM
the chevy's gas door opened...im not a fan of ford period...but that truck really held the road.

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Everyone has an opinion. I think Ford trucks are way superior.

But can we all agree that the Toyota is a big POS!:rolf

yeah its a pos. ha ha see where your chevy and fords are in 200k, or how many engines and trannies they have had bu then, not to mention the resale will always be higher, so to and i say YO MOMMA:thumbsup

BOSS LX
06-27-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah its a pos. ha ha see where your chevy and fords are in 200k, or how many engines and trannies they have had bu then, not to mention the resale will always be higher, so to and i say YO MOMMA:thumbsup

You must own stock in yota or something!:rolf

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2007, 10:11 PM
^ lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STANMAN
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I bet in 200K thier (Ford and Chevy) camshafts won't seperate, lol!!!

DirtyMax
06-27-2007, 11:20 PM
My 06 Screw gets the shittiest gas mileage of them all but after watching this, I'm glad it won't rub the paint off my cab of I ever come face-to-face with a mogul field... :goof

pOrk
06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
Well, if your looking for a truck to drive 28 mph over MANY evenly spaced speed bumps, then FORD is your answer.

You want a TRUCK that is built to last, better pick up that Chevy ;-)

I think its fair to say the Yota BOMBED that test

Waver
06-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, if your looking for a truck to drive 28 mph over MANY evenly spaced speed bumps, then FORD is your answer.

You want a TRUCK that is built to last, still get that FORD ;-)

There fixed that for ya......

BOSS LX
06-28-2007, 08:53 AM

You want a TRUCK that is built to last, better pick up that Chevy ;-)

You have been to construction sites. Why are 90% of the trucks Ford's?

Anakonda69
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM

cuz ford gives the contractors good deals.....i worked in construction.....most would opt for chevy or dodge but ford likes to give deals....

Flight_740
06-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Thats one test. I would still take the yota before chvey or ford.

DirtyMax
06-28-2007, 09:42 PM
I've owned every gen F150 and Super Duty made in recent years.. all nice trucks. The interior on the new trucks is kind of "cheap" looking though if I had one complaint.

I even had an 05 Silverado and liked that truck as well. Traded it in when the warranty was up. Best MPG and ride quality (under cruising conditions) of them all hands down. Labored more than the Fords when towing though.

Test drove a new Silverado. It was a nice truck too. The A-Pillar was obsurdly big and the headliner came down pretty low for a tall feller like me, but you could tell they did that truck right.

Buddy just bought the next gen Tundra. Nice truck as well. He sold himself short with the small motor though but he doesn't tow so big deal.. We didn't take it over any big bumps though so it still has all the paint on the cab... :goof

Dodge.. no real experience. My bro had a 99 Ram 5.9 and went thru 1 trans, 2 PS pumps, and 2 lifters in 18 mos. but other than that, it was a very reliable truck... :goof

pOrk
06-29-2007, 02:26 AM

Ford work trucks = cheaper

I rode in a Tundra all the way to Florida and back and I must say it didn't ride like most trucks. If your a mom looking to haul kids, I suppose the Yota might be a good purchase. It was feeling the weight of the 4 bikes though, which is less then 2000 lbs with the trailer:rolf

Berettaspeed
06-29-2007, 10:00 PM
wow. that looked crazy. not a big truck fan, but the ford sure did look better.

they need to lose the solid axel. it would perform way better. but then you trade off the strength when hauling. i guess it depends on what you want to do.

Berettaspeed
06-29-2007, 10:02 PM
I've owned every gen F150 and Super Duty made in recent years.. all nice trucks. The interior on the new trucks is kind of "cheap" looking though if I had one complaint.

I even had an 05 Silverado and liked that truck as well. Traded it in when the warranty was up. Best MPG and ride quality (under cruising conditions) of them all hands down. Labored more than the Fords when towing though.

Test drove a new Silverado. It was a nice truck too. The A-Pillar was obsurdly big and the headliner came down pretty low for a tall feller like me, but you could tell they did that truck right.

Buddy just bought the next gen Tundra. Nice truck as well. He sold himself short with the small motor though but he doesn't tow so big deal.. We didn't take it over any big bumps though so it still has all the paint on the cab... :goof

Dodge.. no real experience. My bro had a 99 Ram 5.9 and went thru 1 trans, 2 PS pumps, and 2 lifters in 18 mos. but other than that, it was a very reliable truck... :goof

i think all dodges go through transmissions. lol

Waver
06-29-2007, 11:11 PM
And balljoints, and ac compressors, and...........

70challenger452
06-30-2007, 12:23 AM

thats the one weak part in the dodge trucks, I haven't had a single problem with my truck that hasn't been my fault, the magnum eninges are one of the durable around

70challenger
06-30-2007, 03:01 AM
i have a 99 ram and all ive ever done to it is two trans, (second one the conveter lost lockup, and a heater core. they are awesome trucks and easy to work on and maintain.. sorry, dont mean to highjack the thread

FourEyedFord
07-03-2007, 01:31 AM
I like my F-150, it isn't a new one like in this test (1996), but an F-150 the same. It rides pretty nice (why does one worry about ride quality in a pickup anyway, its a fukin truck), has awesome A/C, and even with the 6cyl model that I have, has enough juice to haul a car trailer with a third gen Camaro on it. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but aside from normal ware and tare items on a 90,000 mile truck, it has worked pretty dam good. Mustangs, on the other hand, are the ones that cost a lot of money and break all the time. :D

Waver
07-03-2007, 05:40 AM
I like my F-150, it isn't a new one like in this test (1996), but an F-150 the same. It rides pretty nice (why does one worry about ride quality in a pickup anyway, its a fukin truck), has awesome A/C, and even with the 6cyl model that I have, has enough juice to haul a car trailer with a third gen Camaro on it. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but aside from normal ware and tare items on a 90,000 mile truck, it has worked pretty dam good. Mustangs, on the other hand, are the ones that cost a lot of money and break all the time. :D

well monster motored ones like yours...maybe you should go back to the 302 block...lol

BadAzzGTA89
07-03-2007, 11:00 AM

I had a 87 suburban with well over 200k sme engine and trans that came from the factory and the 4 wheel drive still worked!
Oh yea and it could still light the mudders up and make a smoke show:wooo
God bless the SBC:usa