PDA

View Full Version : Juan Montoya

theavenger333
06-24-2007, 10:37 PM
wins the road course.... not overly suprised, but what i'm laughing at is the post race interviews. i don't know who it was, it was an "off" name driver, but his quote was "he didn't win that race, he got lucky, lucky with fuel consumption. his car wasn't the fastest car, he got lucky."

what kind of horsecrap is that? the best player, fastest player, fastest car isn't the winner, the person who finishes first is. not to mention wasn't is Kahne who won a few weeks ago because his mileage was best? i didn't hear anyone talking smack to him? way to keep to the big dumb ol' redneck motto, make fun of the new guy. idiots

Heat Seeker WS6
06-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Its because an American didnt win it. NASCAR isnt as internationally accepting as INDY has become over the years. Granted I think Montoya was a big crybaby in F1, but I'd like to see him do well in NASCAR and push the good 'ole boys that much harder.

WickedSix
06-24-2007, 11:35 PM
I use to live ~20 minutes from sears point and my has it gone downhill...... I hate that they can only really pass in the horseshoe nowadays....... the chute is long since dissappeared..... it is more a race of attrition nowadays. :(

Still a great track to watch ama events and NHRA and IHRA events though :thumbsup

Brandon W.
06-24-2007, 11:37 PM
i was watching the race as well. they were concerned about running out of gas. i think its great that he won. some one not so well known gets a moment in the spot light. good for him.:thumbsup

flyin_blue_egg
06-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I use to live ~20 minutes from sears point and my has it gone downhill...... I hate that they can only really pass in the horseshoe nowadays....... the chute is long since dissappeared..... it is more a race of attrition nowadays. :(

Still a great track to watch ama events and NHRA and IHRA events though :thumbsup

word...i remember when i first started watching racing a bout 10-15 years ago right around when they started racing there (i think) seeing guys like gordon (both of them) pass anybody anywhere on the track. To tell you the truth i think its time NASCAR looked for a road course to replace infinione (sp?) maybe like elk hart lake??

DirtyMax
06-25-2007, 04:17 PM
The person who made the dumbass comments was Robby Gordon. Currently well behind Montoya in the points and blew his chance when he actually had good equipment under him a few yrs. ago (RCR).

I'm happy he won. Not a very racy track though...

Heat Seeker WS6
06-25-2007, 05:15 PM
maybe like elk hart lake??

*'opening bag'*......

SEEEEE-YA CAT!!!!!

They are testing up there
:shades;)

WickedSix
06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
SEEEEE-YA CAT!!!!!

They are testing up there
:shades;)

oooohhhh really? :banana1:

please please please please :puppyeyes

Z28Envy
06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
That would be sweet. It's only a 3 minute drive from my place!

nismodave
06-25-2007, 09:01 PM
They will never go to RA. No garages.

As far as Montoya.......He got lucky.

u_say_go
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
nothing more than Nascar's attempt at getting the umpteen million Mexican's in the country interested in racing.

WickedSix
06-25-2007, 09:09 PM
They will never go to RA. No garages.

As far as Montoya.......He got lucky.

my bubble...she is popped :alcoholic

ricksws7
06-26-2007, 08:44 PM
Montoya lucky. I watched the race and he almost spun himself out twice at the end and he did not even have to race anybody when Mcmurry ran out of gas. Terrible race track. The only guys passing where gordon and stewert, picked up 16 spots in the last 30 laps. Rick