PDA

View Full Version : Dead car!!!

mike90lxII
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Well the mustang i bought back fron Fanatic threw the bottom end out of the bottom of the oil pan today. Going down the freeway got on it a little and pop lots of smoke and a big hole in the passanger side of the pan.

So the guys on here that said it wasn't a rod knock.. you were wrong and so was I...

Thanks for the great car Jason.... Guess I can't drive it through the front of your house like I promised.. But Karma is a *****... good luck...

nismodave
06-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Buyer beware!!!

mike90lxII
06-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Buyer beware!!!

yup, but know I can take my time and build something better.. I don't think it will be a 302 based motor because of the inherent weekness of the block. Maybe just a good ole' 351w with about 10psi backed by c4 and 355:1 gears... Maybe even a 408..

nismodave
06-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I am sorry to hear that happened........But its a risk you take buying anything.

But saying you want to drive it through his house is out of order.

You bought it knowing it had some sort of problem....And it turned out to be more serious than you or he figured. Thats the way it goes. No gaurantee.

Thats why selling something like a car to a person I know, is something I try to avoid doing. Even if I 100% beleive that nothing is wrong, and something does go wrong.......That person will get mad, and I will feel bad about it. Heck I would feel bad if its a stranger..........But selling something to a stranger does not put a strain on a freindship.

Brandon W.
06-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Well the mustang i bought back fron Fanatic threw the bottom end out of the bottom of the oil pan today. Going down the freeway got on it a little and pop lots of smoke and a big hole in the passanger side of the pan.

So the guys on here that said it wasn't a rod knock.. you were wrong and so was I...

Thanks for the great car Jason.... Guess I can't drive it through the front of your house like I promised.. But Karma is a *****... good luck...

tough shit buddy. i would usually feel some sort of sympathy, but you made a thead about it on a public forum. and saying your going to drive through his house. go fix your shit.

mike90lxII
06-24-2007, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=Brandon W.;290793]I have no idea what i am talking about and am blowing myself right now QUOTE]

Listen it was a joke between Jason and I when I got the car from him. I think you all are blowing it out of proportion.

When I got the car from him I told him if it blew up or anything I would drive it through his house. We both laughed and that is that..

People like to take crap and blow it all up.. Get some thicker skin.. I am really not that mad, I figured that if it blew up I would build it better and stronger like the bionic man.. It also gives me an excuse to give the girl when I start to build another engine.
I was just kinda bummed out because I was suppose to race next weekend and now I can't.

Brandon W.
06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Listen it was a joke between Jason and I when I got the car from him. I think you all are blowing it out of proportion.

When I got the car from him I told him if it blew up or anything I would drive it through his house. We bith laughed and that is that..

well maybe you should specify that. the rest of the world was not there for that Joke.

mike90lxII
06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
I am sorry to hear that happened........But its a risk you take buying anything.

But saying you want to drive it through his house is out of order.

You bought it knowing it had some sort of problem....And it turned out to be more serious than you or he figured. Thats the way it goes. No gaurantee.

Thats why selling something like a car to a person I know, is something I try to avoid doing. Even if I 100% beleive that nothing is wrong, and something does go wrong.......That person will get mad, and I will feel bad about it. Heck I would feel bad if its a stranger..........But selling something to a stranger does not put a strain on a freindship.

Yeah me too, I was just a little bummed not really that mad the house thing was something I said jokeingly to him before I drove it away. Just glad it made the drive home. I almost feel worse if I sell something to a stranger if I knew it wasn't right.. Family and friends should know you well enough to know what they are getting into...

84hurst
06-24-2007, 04:25 PM
sucks to hear that Mike, but like you said, you'll build something bigger and better! It'll be a hell of a car when you're done! BTW, now you can paint the firewall and wheel wells with the motor out! :thumbsup

mike90lxII
06-24-2007, 05:02 PM
sucks to hear that Mike, but like you said, you'll build something bigger and better! It'll be a hell of a car when you're done! BTW, now you can paint the firewall and wheel wells with the motor out! :thumbsup

yeah I didn't even think of that.:goof

hrsp
06-24-2007, 10:51 PM
what did you pay for the car if you dont mind me asking?

you knew it had a bad "or weak" motor when you bought it?

did he tell you that something was fukked up on it?

mike90lxII
06-25-2007, 06:49 AM
what did you pay for the car if you dont mind me asking?

you knew it had a bad "or weak" motor when you bought it?

did he tell you that something was fukked up on it?

Too much,

no, you could hear a tapping but it didn't sound bad. I Thought it was a bad lifter.

Waver
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Honestly that is what we all thought.....On a side note, didnt the car need some work as well when you sold it to him?

BOSS LX
06-25-2007, 01:17 PM
A tune goes a long way on a blower car. Buy a PMS!

mike90lxII
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
A tune goes a long way on a blower car. Buy a PMS!

it had a tune. I just think with over 500hp at the crank it was just a matter of time....

pickardracing
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Meh, it's still faster than Neuwaves car, even the way it sits.

Waver
06-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Meh, it's still faster than Neuwaves car, even the way it sits.
well at least my stang moves

mike90lxII
06-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Honestly that is what we all thought.....On a side note, didnt the car need some work as well when you sold it to him?

Yeah it was broke when I sold it to him, Anything else I was unaware of.
But the vette I got from him I had to put $500 into just to have it running.

sidewayzbimmer
06-29-2007, 08:11 PM
i have a motor/blower for sale. dss level 20cnc block and all cheap! pm me if interested

FANAT1C
07-15-2007, 01:16 PM
1st off, sorry for being absent for a while.

Hey Mike I stated the best I could the condition of the car before and during the sale. I'm not one to hide/keep info from someone especially with a sale of a car to a friend. I'm no certified mechanic or professional diagnosis of car issues. Both you and I thought the same of what was wrong with the car. I'm very sorry for what was unknown. I wish there werent any problems. As for unknown issues, when I purchased the car from you last year and after I replaced the tranny I think I drove it for less than a week until the s/c went bad. I didnt post anything negative nor did I want anything in return. I know that I bought it "as is". I took it as a hobby related event and fixed it over winter. No big deal. I hope you can or are having the same feelings as I did.
Also you have my phone #'s and my address, why didn't you reply to me 1st before posting up on a website and possibly changing how and what others think of me.

I do appreciate the comments from all on this thread. Thanks!

~ Jason

mike90lxII
01-26-2008, 08:11 AM
Well I am getting the motor back together. I ordered a Ford Racing Boss block from DSS that I should be getting in the next month. I have a 4340 forged crank, H-beam rods, and Probe PRS pistons to go inside it. I also have a Anderson MotorSport B-31 blower cam. The rest will remain the same as it was. I am hoping for 500-550 whp on 93 oct. My compression will be about 9.3:1 This shortblock should be good for twice the power I will be making....

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t297/mike93lx/DSCN0031.jpg

FANAT1C
01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Some nice stuff there. Happy to see that the car is coming back together. When do you think it will be running again?

PM'd you Mike.

mike90lxII
01-26-2008, 08:42 AM
couple more months. not realy in a hurry but want to get it done by may...