PDA

View Full Version : Window Tint & Barney Fife!

CATNHAT
06-23-2007, 08:00 PM
:fireNEVER IN 21 YEARS OF HAVING TINT HAVE I BEEN PULLED OVER!! WTF!!! THIS MORNING, 9:15 ON CAPITAL AND PILGRIM, BARNEY WHIPS A SH!TTY AND PULLS ME OVER!! 10 DAYS TO REMOVE-PUT THE EQUIPMENT ON AND EVERYTHING!:fire:fire:fire
CRIME EVERYWHERE AND HE HAS THE TIME TO CHECK MY TINT?????AT 9 FREAKIN 30???????? ON A SATURDAY??????? WHAT A ****! THEN HE SAYS, "SURE MAKES THE CAR LOOK PRETTY, BUT IT HAS TO GO" MY CAR AINT PRETTY, ITS NASTY MEAN!! :flipoff2:
:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire :fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire:fire
I HEARD THE COPS IN PEWAUKEE ARE GETTING BAD TOO-BE CAREFUL!
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/copper.jpg

Yooformula
06-23-2007, 09:23 PM
what happens if you dont remove it? do they just fine you?

Yooformula
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
got any pics of the Mustang?

theavenger333
06-23-2007, 09:26 PM
they will fine you. not to be the arsehole, but if its below 35-40% it is illegal. the tint shop would have told you that. if you do something illegal to a car, you should be prepared to face the consequences

flyin_blue_egg
06-23-2007, 09:34 PM
^^^word....i all for tint and sh!t on cars...but it you put it on your car don't come on BCM when you get home after getting pulled over, the guys just doing his job

95mustang302
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
catnhat has a point though; there are more important things that should be taken care of aside from window tint. I know someone will chime in that its a safety issue for police since they can't see what the occupant is doing. That being said its still rediculous that they make such a big deal of it, I just think its idiotic to go chasing after someone to pull them over for window tint, now if there was a speeding violation involved and the tint was added on top I could understand that...

CATNHAT
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM
THE FINE IS 83.00 THE TINT COST $200.OO. I HAD TO SIGN A RELEASE WHEN I HAD IT DONE. I KNEW I WAS FLIRTING WITH TROUBLE, BUT WHO ISN'T? JUST SUCKS TO GET PINCHED. I KNOW SOME COPS AND EVERYONE BUT ONE SAID, " I WOULD NOT PULL YOU OVER FOR TINT ALONE" 1 GREENFIELD COP SAID HE WOULD. OH WELL. I KNEW IT WAS BOUND TO HAPPEN, JUST GLAD IT HAPPENED AT 9:15 IN THE AM VS. 2:15. PROBALY MORE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES THEN:alcoholic BESIDES, I DONT THINK THE TINT WAS THAT DARK--jk
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/100_0148.jpg

moels
06-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Boy, I hope you aren't implying you would drive that beautiful car or any other after drinking. :chair:

CATNHAT
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
I WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING. IT TURNS INTO A "PROBABILITY AND POSSIBILITY THING" SOMETIMES WHEN YOU LEAVE BIBLE STUDY LATE, ONE MIGHT BE KINDA GROGGY. LEVITICUS CAN BE TRYING AT THOSE HOURS.:shades

moels
06-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Bible study til bartime............oooooookkkkkkkkk. lol

Stop yelling by the way. :)

CATNHAT
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
I AM NOT YELLING! JUST EXCITED. By the way, any recomendations on how to get the cool avatars/signatures that everyone has? I am stumped--I am a construction boob.

Scott

05caddyext
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
They will fine you if you do not fix the tint during the 10 day window. Also, be aware that they can continue to pull you ever time and time again if you don't have it fixed. Just because you pay the ticket one time doesn't mean you then get a free pass. That cop will be looking for you now also, they remember that stuff trust me. I had a jefferson county sheriff that would pull me over all the time, never for anything but violations like that, never speeding or anything worth while. He got me for no front plate, tint, exhaust. I finally sold the car because I was so tired of being pulled over by the same guy.

I tried the route of just paying the ticket and letting it go. Not an excellent idea. I went to court to fight it and the judge said that if I did not fix the tint on the front door windows he would have my car impounded saying that it would be unfit for the road. I talked to a lawyer about it and he said they can do whatever they want with grey areas of the law like that. So I had the tint removed. I had 5% all the way around. They didn't care about the back windows, just the doors. I took it back to court with the 5% on the back quarters and rear hatch and they said that was fine, they just cared about the front 2. On my car now (mazda6) I have the fronts done with legal and the rear is jet black 5%, never had a problem.

Poncho
06-23-2007, 10:34 PM
thats why I'm hate driving our mustang sometimes..

I know we'll get pulled over eventually w/ the 20%

moels
06-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Just befriend a cop in your town that will sign off on it.

Al
06-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Sounds as if the cop was being modest. That 'did' sound like a compliment to the tint.

But consider what tint can mean for him: He could not see through the tint of the windows as homie pulled out his glock... or homie slid the crack under his seat while the fuzz walked to the window.

Damnit, don't you know when you are ridin' dirty!?!

This makes me wonder what kind of tint I have on my wagon.

Waver
06-24-2007, 07:48 AM
You also have to consider this.....the darker the car, thge darker the tint looks.....I have 20% on my car, however it dosnt look as dark as yours. Partially because I have a sunroof, partially because it isnt limo black (it is charcol) and partially because my car is lighter colored.....

compare:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o11/saleen_mustang2000/mustangteaser3.jpgNotice how you can still see through mine vs yours....http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/100_0148.jpg

If I were you I would remove the side tint, get it signed off and then get the sides redone in 35%

Lash
06-24-2007, 08:50 AM
That tint almost looks like it's 15%.
Looks how the sun is lighting up the trees behind the car and you cant even see through it.

50% on the fronts....35% on the rear/rear sides is legal in Wisconsin BTW. 50% is hardley even tint at all........it's be a waste of money.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-24-2007, 09:08 AM
THE FINE IS 83.00 THE TINT COST $200.OO. I HAD TO SIGN A RELEASE WHEN I HAD IT DONE. I KNEW I WAS FLIRTING WITH TROUBLE, BUT WHO ISN'T? JUST SUCKS TO GET PINCHED. http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/100_0148.jpg

Not to come off like an arse, but you just said it yourself so whats the problem? ... besides looking for someone to tell you it's OK to keep the tint on? Sure it sucks, but you have the tint and you got the ticket.

CATNHAT
06-24-2007, 09:19 AM
The cop was actually pretty cool. I have a lot of respect for the police and their jobs, very dangerous. He put the spectrometer on the window and it read 24%, he said it was a little too dark. My neighbor is a Detective in Oak Creek, maybe I can convince her to sign off. But then I continue to run the risk. I know he will be looking for me. In addition, I do not have a front license plate. That pic is a little misleading, it was taken in the shadow of my neighbors house which makes the tint look darker. Here is another picture from a different angle, same time, but you can read the license plate on my truck through the passenger window. Truck is tinted too-keepin my fingers crossed!http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/100_0143.jpg

Feature Pony
06-24-2007, 10:42 AM
just stay out of pewaukee with that car. Most city's except for greenfield and west allis (hwy 100) wont pull you over. Greenfield and West Allis will pull you over if you are on the hwy with the tint, but around town on layton or somewhere else they will let it slide. Waukesha there is nothing to do out there except for pulling people over for piddly stuff. The funny thing is that most cops I know have their windows tinted 20% all they way around, granted they are mpd and sm.

CATNHAT
06-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I live in Pewaukee and have had good luck. The intent of my post originaly was to let everyone know that the police are pulling people over for tint and to watch out. I broke the law and will pay the price. Oh well.

HAMRHEAD
06-24-2007, 12:28 PM
It sucks but police are cracking down on that stuff now.

Silver03SRT
06-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I really dont understand the window tint. There are vehicals such as conversion vans and what not that have curtains in the windows. Whenever I got pulled over in my car I always rolled the front two windows down. One time a cop told me to roll the rear window down and i reached in back to roll it down and he said dont move. I told him no power windows in the back. (dam srts) lol

Moparjim
06-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I would recommend removing it and getting legal limit stuff. The cops everywhere have had a hard on for it since they changed the law. I would't be surprised if there is a state wide push to crack down on it. I got pulled over in my Caddy twice in a span of a few weeks, including once by the state patrol on the freeway before I removed mine.

nismodave
06-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I had to pull the Tint off the Nissan, for Germantown ticket and a Racine ticket.

**** the cops.

Lash
06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I've had 20% tint on all my cars since I was 16 and have yet to ever get pulled over for it. My wife and I both had tinted window on our cars (wife had 15% on one of hers) when we lived in Pewaukee for almost 3 years and never got messed with. The only time I got pulled over in Pewaukee was for no front plate....they just gave me a warning for that. I dunno...maybe some of you are just drawing too much attention to yourselves :confused