PDA

View Full Version : BCM has another Fort Irwin member :)

GTSLOW
06-22-2007, 01:53 PM
mrz28M6 just arrived here last night. Picked him up from Barstow Bus station last night and dropped him off at replacement. Dustin seems like a good kid so we'll see how it goes.

Teufelhunden
06-22-2007, 03:45 PM
^^No sh1t? He joined the Army? I worked on his white Talon a couple times a while back. Whats his MOS?

Good luck Dustin.

Yooformula
06-22-2007, 06:02 PM
he joined the army now??? Didnt he serve in the Marines already? Go Dusty!

GTSLOW
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Ya he's back in 63B too. However he's a straight peon :goof

theavenger333
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
he joined the army now??? Didnt he serve in the Marines already? Go Dusty!

you suprised? he prob lost another job and is outta money.

fireguyrick
06-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Man, it seems like everyone is looking at going into or back to the military lately. I myself am currently speaking with some Marine Corps recruiters again. Though, I am not going to go back to the enlisted ranks. Figure college has/is making me smart enough to be an Officer of Marines.

Rick

Nan, give that guy some crap for going to the Army. Nothing really wrong with that, but whatever happened to once a Marine always a Marine. I always felt that were I to return to the military it would be to the Corps only. Though, it would be weird going into the Army as a an E-4 with decorations LOL.

USMARINE1108
06-23-2007, 04:32 AM
Man, it seems like everyone is looking at going into or back to the military lately. I myself am currently speaking with some Marine Corps recruiters again. Though, I am not going to go back to the enlisted ranks. Figure college has/is making me smart enough to be an Officer of Marines.

Rick

I'm putting in my WO package this year, then maybe LDO down the line. What kind of MOS are you looking at as an O?

Teufelhunden
06-23-2007, 08:34 AM
When I was 29, I was seriously looking at going back in to the Marines, all it took was one phone call. Some complete dipsh1t answered my call at the recruiter station, brought me right back to the day and the reason I got out. Idiots.

GTSLOW
06-23-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm putting in my WO package this year, then maybe LDO down the line. What kind of MOS are you looking at as an O?

I'm looking into putting mine in within the next few years also.

fireguyrick
06-23-2007, 01:20 PM

Most likely infantry, and most likely reserves. I would LOVE to go back to the FAST Co., but my marriage could not survive all the deployments with FAST. I was also thinking about something in Intel or Counter Intel, but we will see where things go. I have sometime to think about it, as I need to finish my BS first anyways. Right now if I join, I would spend two 6 week sessions at Quantico during summer break next year. And then 10 weeks of OCS at Quantico the following year. At that point I have to worry more so about an MOS I figure.

Rick

GTSLOW
06-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Do yourself a favor, join the AF or Army :)

fireguyrick
06-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Do yourself a favor, join the AF or Army :)

No, once a Marine always a Marine. I have never liked dealing with most Army or Air Force units with only a few exceptions. My time at Ft. Sill taught me a few things about the Army, and most I do not like. Only positive to the AF is that they have the hottest chicks....but those chicks have a HUGE thing for Marines:headbang.

Rick

mrz28M6
06-23-2007, 07:35 PM
yup guys i went to the "dark" side. lol alot more options and the promotions are much easier in the army. but its definitely a different ball game here. nothing like getting stationed in the desert and 40 miles away from the closest town. ahh gotta love the army

Yooformula
06-23-2007, 09:15 PM
guess you have to change your avatar now huh...why did you reenlist anyway?

USMARINE1108
06-24-2007, 07:16 AM
When I was 29, I was seriously looking at going back in to the Marines, all it took was one phone call. Some complete dipsh1t answered my call at the recruiter station, brought me right back to the day and the reason I got out. Idiots.

Not the mention the PFT I just ran a few hours ago in the rain! Wet pullup bars ftw!

Myself, I could never switch branches. I'm a Marine, no looking back now! Other branches have their ways of doing things and that works great for them. Those ways are just not for me.

USMARINE1108
06-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I'm looking into putting mine in within the next few years also.

How long do you have to wait to be eligable? For us, you need 8 years time in service on the final day of the board which is late Feb. So not this year, but next year for me before I can put my package in. How have they been selecting WO for you guys? The past few years for us, they've been selecting younger guys.

SSmike1
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
No Problem Dustin!
i was ARMY too, and i loved it!

I am SSmike, Uncle Mike, Nan's Uncle.

I was Stationed in Key West Florida for 2 years,
its a Vacation Paradise. I scuba dived and Muff dived every weekend!

:banana1:

yup guys i went to the "dark" side. lol alot more options and the promotions are much easier in the army. but its definitely a different ball game here. nothing like getting stationed in the desert and 40 miles away from the closest town. ahh gotta love the army

GTSLOW
06-24-2007, 09:21 PM
How long do you have to wait to be eligable? For us, you need 8 years time in service on the final day of the board which is late Feb. So not this year, but next year for me before I can put my package in. How have they been selecting WO for you guys? The past few years for us, they've been selecting younger guys.

It all depends on the type of WO you wanna be. I'll be going for a Maintenace tech so the requirements are 6years TIS, 6mo. shop foreman, 6mo. motor sergeant both need to be annotated on the NCOER. Also the rank requirement is E5 promotable with BNOC.

Reverend Cooper
06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
63 b lwvm cool have fun with that. thats one of the few mos's i carried. good luck

Firefighter Z
06-24-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm a 4 Star General is the U.S.A.F.

Wait, no I'm not I must of been dreaming again... I should of joined USAF but I didn't.
I was in C.A.P at the 440th base. I'd go every WED for a few hours, then I had no way in getting there since I didn't drive yet (not of age) so that was the end of that.

Breecher_7
06-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Im not going back, to hell with that............

USMARINE1108
06-25-2007, 07:28 AM
Im not going back, to hell with that............

The Marine Corps is offering a $80k bonus, yes, $80,000 to lat move to EOD this year.

USMARINE1108
06-25-2007, 07:34 AM
It all depends on the type of WO you wanna be. I'll be going for a Maintenace tech so the requirements are 6years TIS, 6mo. shop foreman, 6mo. motor sergeant both need to be annotated on the NCOER. Also the rank requirement is E5 promotable with BNOC.

For us, the requirements are the same for every MOS. Eight years time in service, and at least a Sgt (E-5). The promotion board consists of ground pounders, air wingers, supply guys, everything. Once selected, you can go anywhere in the Marine Corps as a WO, you won't necessarily stay in your MOS.