PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a hook-up for going and picking up a car?

jbiscuit
06-22-2007, 01:00 PM
I have a buddy that is contemplating a deal on a car in Maryland and wants to have the car picked up and brought back. Auto shippers are outrageous for what they want to go get it and can't get out there for like 3-4 weeks.

Any on here have any experience picking up a car? Hookups? Anyone?

Thanks. Just figured I would ask here if anyone knew of anything....

J

Car Guy
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
How much were you quoted...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Flicktitty
06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
i'm going out to Indiana next weekend to pick a car up for a friend with my brothers truck. If all goes well maybe i can use his truck the next weekend and get it. give me gas money and some extra cash. well lemme see if i can take his truck 1/2 way cross country

jbiscuit
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
not my car so I'm not sure the exact amount....it $1600+ I know that

Flicktitty
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
oh, Or you could call up Sound Performance. There out of the Chicago land area. they own a big Supra Shop. i know they have a pretty good hookup for shipping cars.
630-893-5002

Car Guy
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
not my car so I'm not sure the exact amount....it $1600+ I know that

For one way...!!! Wow prices have gone up in the past few years.....:wooo

Just a coulpe more ?'s for ya, because I might be able to help you/your buddy out.....

Is he looking for a closed trailer transport or will an open do [or even a tow dolly?], what kind of car is it, and where exactly [city] in Maryland is it...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

jbiscuit
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
its outside Baltimore, like 35 minutes outside. Open car trailor would be OK. Probably not a car dolly. Its a 62 Nova, mini tubbed, small block.....

Prince Valiant
06-22-2007, 03:00 PM
I went out to conneticut with a car dolly and the jeep cherokee to get my duster...and then Andy and I went to Tampa area to get his RX-7, again with the the jeep and dolly combo.

It's wasn't too bad. Probably 400 bucks in fuel cost...and an extra 100-200 in other cost (room, etc).

With the duster, I went on my own, so got a hotel one night. With the RX, we didn't stop at all...we just switched off constantly. I think we left friday night, and we were back Sunday ~4pm or so....worked out well. Even averaged 16mpg towing it back, 20+ on the way out.

Rented the dolly from Prescott on the board....he gave me a fair price on it. The nice thing about the whole set-up was I didn't need to use a big truck to haul either cars. We had Andy's 3/4 ton available with full, enclosed trailer....but it would have been probably nearly double the fuel cost towing the big trailer down there and back.

Cryptic
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
:wstupid

road trips FTW