PDA

View Full Version : My Grandson Has Cancer !!!!

Holeshot
06-22-2007, 12:32 PM
:(
One of our Grandchildren has been diagnosed with cancer yesterday
He is only 11 for god sake.
Waiting on the final results of the type of cancer/ tumor it is so they know exactly how aggressive it is before they start chemo. Its in his sinus cavity and behind his eye. The tumor is 156mm . Poor kid thats a 1/4 of his head.

Hope Children's Hospital can save him.

Nix
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Sorry to hear bro, but Childrens Ive herd is the best. If anyone can do it they can. Help him stay strong and be there for the rest of the family, my best wishes and prayers.

WickedSix
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
My prayers and thoughts will be with you. Childeren is an excellent facility.

Teufelhunden
06-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Thats awful, he will be in my family's prayers.

Flicktitty
06-22-2007, 12:55 PM
i wish him the best in his Fight! i hope the kid stays strong. i have heard nothing but good things about childrens.

88Nightmare
06-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Dan, thats terrible. I certainly hope the best for your grandchild and your whole family. Its times like this that really make ya sit back and evaluate everything you have in your life. Your family will be in our prayers for sure.

Cutlass Queen
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Aww I'm sorry! I hope all turns out well and you, him, and your family will be in my prayers

Mssplayboybunie
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow im very sorry to hear that! prayers go out to you & your family from us..Children's was rated number 7 out of the top 10 Hospitals In the entire U.S! as said in Child Magazine so he will be in good hands!

Z28Envy
06-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your grandson. I have personal experience with Childrens Hospital and he will be very well taken care of! The doctor's there are remarkable people!

1967SS396
06-22-2007, 01:20 PM
My prayers and thoughts will be with you. Childeren is an excellent facility.

X2 mate !

Brandon W.
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
man sorry to hear this. childrens is a good place. Him and your entire family will be in my thoughts.

Cryptic
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Children's is top notch... saved my brother from a close one.
I wish him well.

-Andy

Slow Joe
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
We send our best wishes..

-Joe & Krisite

flyin_blue_egg
06-22-2007, 01:48 PM
best wishes to you and your family...if i had to ever take a child to a hospital, i'd take them to childrens, all good things about them

b4mytm
06-22-2007, 02:08 PM
we will keep him and your family in our prayers.
A friend's grand daughter(13) has been going to Children's to take care of her cancer,and I know she really likes the nurses and everything else there.

Josepy
06-22-2007, 02:12 PM
hope everything turns out. I used to work at childrens /froedtert. Top notch care.

BAD LS1
06-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Wow that really is shitty when it happens so young or at all for that matter. This sort of disease is the hardest for loved ones to deal with, it has alot of ups and downs. But hopefully this is one they can knock out and keep it out for good!

Holeshot
06-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Well the boy is not doing to well after his first round of radiation treatment. He crashed in the middle and they did CPR to bring him back. Hs is now on vent and stable. I gave him the Tiger that I had at the Nats last year. He is holding it tight even though he is coma like. I havn't cried in years and normally don't but to see that little guy laying there just slays me :(

moels
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
I feel for you and your family going through this. My oldest is 11 and if he had to fight that battle I would be crying every second I was awake, except in front of him of course. Be strong for him and he will be strong through this.

forcefedss
06-23-2007, 09:04 AM
i bet its harding watchin him be helpless and knowing that you cant do anything. thats has to be the hardest thing. best wishes!!

childrens is the best hospital from people and doctors that i know.

Holeshot
06-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts prayers and comments both public and by P.M.
It really helps to know the BCM Crew are caring unselfish people.

Avelio is a fighter so we are trying to be positive. The hardest part for him is mom can't be with him during treatment as she is several months pregnant.

Theres somethings that only a mothers touch will comfort.

Larrygto
06-23-2007, 06:13 PM
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for Avelio, It's so unfair!

I can only imagine the pain you and your family are in.

Kids are tough and he's in a good place, I wish him the best and he will be in my prayers.

fireguyrick
06-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I know a great deal of nurses in CHW. Where might he be? I am going to guess in the HOT unit or perhaps the PICU if he is on a vent. I will mention to my RN friends that work through out CHW that if they have an Avelio in their unit to keep an extra eye on him for me.

God Speed.

Rick

Holeshot
06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks Rick But I guess hes not on a vent but nasal can. Hes folks are the brightest so I think they miss understood what they saw. I was not there to see any vent and my wife is an R.T. she said there was no vent only 02

Quick96ss
06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
iam so sorry its a hard thing to have to deal with. My dad was just diginosed in october. His cancer is very bad. He is pulling through though so all is well so far but its been a long 6 months.

GRAMPS SS
06-23-2007, 07:14 PM
so sorry to hear about your grand child dan...ann says he is in great hands...as you know she is a RNOCN...and she says they will do the best that they can...they have top notch docs there that know there jobs....give me a call, when you have time.............wayne

boostaddict14
06-24-2007, 03:28 AM
This is awful for someone so young. i hope and pray that he pulls through.

Reverend Cooper
06-24-2007, 10:19 AM
whoa i just read this,i hope everyone is ok. our prayers go out to you and your family

Holeshot
06-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Well we got more bad news this AM. The diagnosis is a little grim and we are just waiting for them to stage the cancer.

Anyhow this is what he has and below are links to it and how its treated.
Rhabdomyosarcoma

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...sp?siteare a=
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...3.asp?rnav=cri
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/CRI/co...asp?r nav=cri

Yooformula
06-24-2007, 11:58 AM
wow bad news goes fast. I am very sorry to hear this. My uncle just passed from cancer and my wife's grandmother has stage 4 pancreatic/liver cancer. Its a tough road. prayers are with ya.

Holeshot
06-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks Yoof Prayers are with you too.

Holeshot
06-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Well bone marrow test say no bone cancer but the tumor is stage II bordering III
So it snot looking good as of this morning.

I wanted to thank you all for your comments and prayers.

I am on vacation on the way to Ohio to the GTOAA Nations So I am hoping to catch a break from the stress.

88Nightmare
06-26-2007, 09:22 AM
have a good trip dan, you deserve a break. We're all still pulling for your grandson. I wish there was something we could do to help, but unfortunately, I think this situation may be out of our hands :(

stangfan15
06-26-2007, 04:12 PM
i am very sorry to hear that, i myself had cancer in the 6th grade (about 12 years old). i have now been clean for about five years thank god. it was not fun at all, but family and friend support was crucial. So my prayers and my families prayers are with your grand child.

Poncho
06-27-2007, 02:43 AM
You will be in my prayers, I lost an aunt last year due to cancer, a friend of mine had testicular, but made it, and we all actually still awaiting results from the doctor, as they said that my love, Nicole may have it. I don't know how you can handle it, it's eating me alive. Good luck Dan.

Holeshot
06-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Wow Dan give Nicole my best. I pray its not cancer. And thanks for your thoughts.

88Nightmare
06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
how is he doing dan? any updates?

johnny--2k
06-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Wow. Best wishes to all of you.

Dan, I know childrens is a great hospital. My dad has been working there for over 23 years since they were downtown on St Paul. Did he go into the ER at all? If so, who was his doctor? I know just about all the ER docs there.

stangfan15
06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
yes childrens hospital is a great place that is where i was treated

Holeshot
02-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Just received word that Avelio's cancer has spread to his stomach and there is nothing more they can do. Dr's give him a month or two at the most. He has seen Dr's at St Jude's, Children's ..... Hes asking his dad to not let him die.

We are all going up Sunday to see him. I know we all need to be strong for him But Jesus Christ I am going to have the wife and my daughters with us and I don't think I can comfort them all let alone keep it together myself.

I had had to vent here a little as Im home alone before work and I cant stop thinking about him suffering.

TheRX7Project
02-20-2009, 07:23 AM
This is terrible. It's bad enough to watch an older person die of something, but to watch someone who's life has only begun can be nothing less than heartbreaking.

Hopefully they keep him out of pain. I am sorry for your family.

That_Guy
02-20-2009, 07:39 AM
:(
One of our Grandchildren has been diagnosed with cancer yesterday
He is only 11 for god sake.
Waiting on the final results of the type of cancer/ tumor it is so they know exactly how aggressive it is before they start chemo. Its in his sinus cavity and behind his eye. The tumor is 156mm . Poor kid thats a 1/4 of his head.

Hope Children's Hospital can save him.

i would trust childerns hospital with my life and everybody i know. i had a cancerous lump under one of my arms. the removed it and do radiation treatment. Ive been cancer free for 19 years!

my younger brother got spinal meningitis if he wouldnt have been transferee from Jefferson hospitable to childerns he would be dead. jefferson said it was just food poisening. my mom demanded he be transfered with in 20 minutes of my moms request he was in a comma. they transfered him and rushed him to childernes icu. for a month he was in a completely un responsive comma. he then was in recovery for another 3 months. they told us the odd of him having all his motor skills back is 30%. he is not more active then ever and has a huge mouth on him some times never knowing when to shut it.

childerns hospitable is among the best in the nation.. your son is in amazing hands. my family will say a prayer for you and your son

Holeshot
02-20-2009, 07:46 AM
i would trust childerns hospital with my life and everybody i know. i had a cancerous lump under one of my arms. the removed it and do radiation treatment. Ive been cancer free for 19 years!

my younger brother got spinal meningitis if he wouldnt have been transferee from Jefferson hospitable to childerns he would be dead. jefferson said it was just food poisening. my mom demanded he be transfered with in 20 minutes of my moms request he was in a comma. they transfered him and rushed him to childernes icu. for a month he was in a completely un responsive comma. he then was in recovery for another 3 months. they told us the odd of him having all his motor skills back is 30%. he is not more active then ever and has a huge mouth on him some times never knowing when to shut it.

childerns hospitable is among the best in the nation.. your son is in amazing hands. my family will say a prayer for you and your son

Thanks for your thoughts . I updated this thread today.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=505052&postcount=40

srt4eh
02-20-2009, 07:49 AM
That's so sad....I continue to pray for him and hope that everything goes as painlessly as possible.

Holeshot
02-20-2009, 07:57 AM
That's so sad....I continue to pray for him and hope that everything goes as painlessly as possible.

Thanks man but keep your self safe in the desert and don't get side tracked. Come home safe.

All my military family members are in my thoughts.
I may be out 20 years but I am with all in spirit.

Wish I would have stayed in sometimes.

Prince Valiant
02-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Make a determination to spend the best possible time with him...but don't feel that you've got to be invincible.

My thoughts and prayer are with your grandchild and the rest of the family...I pray their able to keep him comfortable, and that you're able to spend quality time with him...

WhatsADSM
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
I am SOO sorry to hear about this.

It is difficult for anyone, let alone an 11 year old to come to grips with that diagnosis. I can only imagine that I would just want my loved ones nearby.

I wish the best for you, your grandchild and your family through all this.

Reverend Cooper
02-20-2009, 10:06 AM
very sorry to hear dan. hope everything has the best outcome

88Nightmare
02-20-2009, 11:11 AM
dan, as always, you know your grandson is in my prayers, along with the rest of your family so they can pull through this. Just remember, everything happens for a reason.

juicedimpss
02-20-2009, 11:20 AM
my prayers go to him and the rest of your family.

twicks69
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Geez man, I am sorry to hear the turn for the worse, My thoughts and prayers go out to their family and for Avelio. I have a few friends battling cancer right now and it is very hard to keep positive; it is especially hard when there is nothing you can do and you are just waiting it out.

I am very sorry to hear about the news, and I hope that you all hang in there and keep him smiling and thinking about the good times.

Good luck!

Voodoo Chick
02-20-2009, 11:48 AM
All my best wishes to you and the little one.

Waver
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
dan, I am sorry to hear about this.....It sucks for somthing like this to take such a young life.....and it is scary for al of those involved....My prayors are with you and him. best advice that I can say is be there for him, be strong, and take comfort with your wife and daughters...............

300pny
02-20-2009, 12:09 PM
My niece was at childrens 14 years ago for heart problems at birth. They took great care of her and she is as normal as a 14 year old can be now.... Your grandchild is in excellent hands. Since then I donate to them on a consistant basis..Good luck

b4mytm
02-20-2009, 03:59 PM
Dan,I'm so sorry to hear this awful news.
I will keep sending my prayers to your Grandson and all of your family.

lit666
02-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear this Dan, best wishes.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
02-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Prayers are with your family Dan

GRAMPS SS
02-20-2009, 06:16 PM
sorry to hear this dan...my prayers to you and your family...GOD will shine on the little one...

michelle
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm not the best with words during times like these, but my thoughts are with you and your family. It's not fair that such things happen to good people and families.

Todd Z
02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Dan, Words cannot express what you must be going through. Stay strong! The world is such an unfair place.

Holeshot
02-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words thoughts and prayers. This place has some truly supportive caring people. Yoosof the voice mail meant a lot. We will be going to spend time with him Sunday.

TURTLE
02-21-2009, 12:47 PM
dan, i may be a little late to the party here, but my thoughts and prayers are also with you and the family...

nismodave
02-21-2009, 01:46 PM
My thoughts and Prayers are with your Family, Dan.

Yooformula
02-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Dan I just cant get this out of my head. For those that have never experienced chemo or radiation personally, it is FUKKING BRUTAL to your body and this kid is so strong to take it. I wish he were closer to make a visit to see him. Stay strong Dan and I pray your ENTIRE family makes him comfortable and he is at least happy for awhile.

Holeshot
02-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Dan I just cant get this out of my head. For those that have never experienced chemo or radiation personally, it is FUKKING BRUTAL to your body and this kid is so strong to take it. I wish he were closer to make a visit to see him. Stay strong Dan and I pray your ENTIRE family makes him comfortable and he is at least happy for awhile.
He really is one tough little kid. The chemo kicks his ass he pukes his guts out the goes on to play as if its nothing. He truly is amazing. I can't imagine how he can be so used to the chemo and radiation that he feels its just a normal part of his life.

Believe me when I say that the calls and prayers from you and Deb have been a god send for Jean and I.

We also want to thank all of you here at BCM for your calls thoughts and prayers it really means a lot.

flyin_blue_egg
02-22-2009, 10:28 AM
I don't wish cancer on anyone, but if someone has to have it i hate to see when kids get it. he will be in my thoughts and prayers

TraceDaddy
02-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Godspeed to you and your family.

domokun
02-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Im prayers and thought are with you, the little guy and the family.

Chemo is one brutal thing like it has already been mentioned.

spend as much time with him as possible! do things with him that takes his mind off it. thats what keeps your strong!

97z2801ss
02-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Wow man im sorry to hear that, Your family is in our prayer.... make you realize our piddly problems are just that.....

Holeshot
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the large pic but I didn't have time to edit

From left to right my oldest daughter( no comments please) and no not her kids... Lorenzo 8 , Xavier 13 months and Aveilo. 11 He is still wearing the Colts hat we gave him last year. I wish I could get him to meet Payton Manning.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5989&stc=1&d=1235347463

TraceDaddy
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
Try contacting Make a Wish. That's exactly what they do. My wife works with them a LOT and she's sent kids to see the Masters/Brett Favre...you name it.