PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Thanks to Jake (sloLs1) and Jim's Auto

twirkin50
06-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Have to say it is really nice to see that in a sometimes crazy world we live in there are still down to earth good people around.

I put up a post a few weeks ago looking for a project 1965 Mustang. Jake told me about one his boss had that had been sitting forever and would likely get rid of for a good price. I have never done a restoration, so didn't want to drop thousands on something to toy with. Well, they gave me an unbelievable deal.
Here is where they really came through. My Dad and I drove down from Grafton to pick the car up and the starter on his van died in the parking lot just before we were going to load the car up. Jake, his boss, and the guys he works with went out of there way to get us any tools we needed, ordered up a starter at his cost and had it delivered. He saved my Dad about $100 on the price of the starter and really helped up out in a bind.

So, two great deals in one possibly disasterous day. :thumbsup

Thanks Again!!! Glad to see Brew City has members who really look out for one another.

Dave

nismodave
06-19-2007, 09:38 PM
There are alot of members that look out for each other here on BCM......Thats why its so AWESOME!!!!!

Brandon W.
06-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Jake is a good guy. glad to hear good things like this

sloLs1
06-20-2007, 07:14 AM
I am just glad we got everything worked out! i've been in your situation befor and i know how it feels... and when it comes to stuff like that, we(as a business) and me as a fellow member, like to help you out as best as we can!

I hope you have fun with the car and also learn a lot of things along the way!

Feature Pony
06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
we need pics of the stang!!!

:pics

Yooformula
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
pics of the stang??? good to see anyone lend a hand these days although ALOT of people have helped out over the years. There are some really good folks here overall, but we're just like kids though..:goof