PDA

View Full Version : Traded a Gixxer 1K engine for a 00 Banshee 350

Breecher_7
06-18-2007, 08:23 PM
So I traded my spare gixxer 1K engine for a 00 Yamaha banshee 350. Runs great but needs a few parts. Where is a good place to get stuff for these online?

pickardracing
06-18-2007, 08:28 PM
bikebandit.com

WickedSix
06-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I used to use denniskirk.com for my honda atv good parts fast shipping

70challenger
06-18-2007, 09:51 PM
dennis kirk's good for online stuff. i usually go to motorsports factory in waukesha to get everything.

Crawlin
06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
motorsports factory in waukesha cause i had a buddy that worked there way back when.

does www.parts411.com do ATV stuff? i've bought a good number of things from there for my Gixxer back a couple years ago when I had it

Breecher_7
06-19-2007, 06:05 PM
So the only thing ive found that i really need for this thing is a chain roller/Tensioner/ not really sure what its called. Think anyone local would have this in stock?

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
So the only thing ive found that i really need for this thing is a chain roller/Tensioner/ not really sure what its called. Think anyone local would have this in stock?

banshee is a very common model and the chain roller gets replaced a fair bit. I'd expect they would. I'd call your closest dealer and check stock.

try action powersports online part thingy

http://www.actionps.com/fiche_select.asp?vcc=ATVs&mfg=Yamaha#FicheSelection

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
the part is called a tensioner(#13) and it is under the frame section

Breecher_7
06-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Yeah that is the part I need. Funny it says there are (2 Required) when there is only one on the machine. The mounting tab for it is slightly tweaked as well, will have to bend it back.......

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah that is the part I need. Funny it says there are (2 Required) when there is only one on the machine. The mounting tab for it is slightly tweaked as well, will have to bend it back.......

hmm seem to remember a top and bottom one being used......so far as being bentmnothing the old persuader won't be able to fix :thumbsup

Breecher_7
06-19-2007, 08:50 PM
There is a roller on the top that is built into the swingarm bolt and then there is that one that needs to be replaced on the bottom. They look NOTHING alike though. I have no clue........ I know it runs and runs well just as it sits, but im weary of that chain right now...

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 09:01 PM
There is a roller on the top that is built into the swingarm bolt and then there is that one that needs to be replaced on the bottom. They look NOTHING alike though. I have no clue........ I know it runs and runs well just as it sits, but im weary of that chain right now...
well it isn't the cheapest once of prevention but not knowing a chains past is definitely a roll of the dice in my book :rolf they take alot of abuse .... especially on a two stroke sport machine like a banshee :thumbsup

Breecher_7
06-19-2007, 09:03 PM
Not the chain itself, i took it off, cleaned it, checked for chain stretch, looks rather new actually. Im worried about the chain coming off because of that F'ed up tensioner.......

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 09:07 PM
ahhh I C said the blind man :stare

SmokinRAM114
06-19-2007, 10:50 PM
i dont understand why they call it a tensioner.. since it is no tensioner. all it is is just a chain roller that keeps the chain from slapping as it comes on and off the counter shaft sprocket. theres 2 bolts that pivot the axle carrier to adjust tension. you can go to the local motor cycle shop and pick up a roller most are all the same, you can get them blue red yellow green and more. brong the old one in and get the correct shaft size.

ScottyB14
06-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I work at a shop now in kenosha called Redline Cycles. We can get pretty much anything. Usually have stuff next day if we have to order it.