PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Shop Recomendation

CATNHAT
06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I bought a used Bassani X pipe and Hi-Flow cats from a dude in Chicago. After 6 hours under the car, I fired her up and was shocked to hear an annoying exhaust tick????:flipoff2: REALLY ANNOYING!!:flipoff2: Loosened , adjusted, tightened, 3X!!!!!:drool: Still present. Took the car to "Mufflers and Pipes" on Sunset in Waukesha, dude says no leak-I say WTF!!! Coworkers can hear it, I can hear it-my neighbor can hear it! WTF!!!

Need a recomendation on a good exhaust shop in Waukesha/Pewaukee/Delafield to fix this mess!

Send Help!!

Thanks

Heat Seeker WS6
06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Its a bit of a drive, but worth it- give that Midas in Hales Corners a call. I forgot the name of the guy to ask for though 414-425-4120

Yooformula
06-15-2007, 11:04 PM
it would be Dennis but make sure you tell him if you dont want the joints tacked up!

Poncho
06-16-2007, 01:07 AM
I would recommend getting under your car and locating the leak.

CATNHAT
06-16-2007, 07:43 AM
I have been under the car at least 4 times. Again on Thursday night. Problem with locating this leak is that it only occus under heavy load. Can not hear it at idle or when you rev the engine. Going up a hill or at WOT-TICK-TICK-TICK- GRRRRRRR!!!!

I am tempted to remove the Bassani set, install factory pipes, and then have just the X pipe welded to the factory cats?

GRM-REPR
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Get another buddy and plug the pipes (for a short while). If there is a leak, this will reveal it. We did this at Ford...

Good luck

Sad to hear M&P couldn't find it, they always have been great to me.

pickardracing
06-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Only under load?

You sure it's not detonation or pinging?

CATNHAT
06-16-2007, 01:30 PM
No detonation here. I am positive. The exhaust tick presented itself immediately after the install of the Bassani X pipe.:fire

I would like to look at the exhaust with an infrared camera. That would identify a leak for sure.

Thanks for the help!

pickardracing
06-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Yes, but just for conversation's sake, the Spanish Oak processors are VERY sensitive to those kinds of changes. Any modification to the emissions systems will more than likely require a re-tune.

Perhaps someone with more experience with the 05+ GTs can comment in here.

Knowing what I know, I've never heard of a Bassani product leaking, and the 'only under load' thing raises a flag for me as well.

That being said, could it be leaking? Yes. But, don't rule out something else.

theavenger333
06-16-2007, 09:15 PM
some pipes have a slight tick to them under load. SLP's headers are notorious for doing it, especially on L67 cars. its something to do with the flow near the flexpipe. just my 2 cents

WilliamZ
06-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Its a bit of a drive, but worth it- give that Midas in Hales Corners a call. I forgot the name of the guy to ask for though 414-425-4120

I took my Lexus there when I wanted an X-pipe made. Anyone can feel free to look under my car to see the shitty job they did. One of the nastiest exhaust work I have seen. I even had the car back several times to have them fix things. Horrible.