PDA

View Full Version : Any bike mechanics on here? Breecher perhaps?

pOrk
06-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Went to pull my chain off today and my rear sprocket is TOAST. Got new front and rear sprockets along with a new chain, but I don't have the chain tool. I thought I did, but amazingly it has disappeared:chair:

I'm ready to cut the old one off with a cut off wheel in a minute, still need to get the new one on though.

Got the sprockets on, just need to get the new chain on. I'm out of cut off wheels too, go figure.

Russ Jerome
06-15-2007, 04:22 PM
So do you need a way of removing the fixxed chain or do you
need a master link? I have cutoff wheels but a grinder is a better
way of removing it without a chain link tool. Otherwise your only
going to need a master link (428,520,530 are common ones) to
throw it together, need roughly 1 to 1-3/8" play on a commuter.

88Nightmare
06-15-2007, 05:41 PM
I believe Yenko4me works on bikes, might want to hit him up

pOrk
06-15-2007, 05:44 PM
^ Hey retard, end yourself.

Russ, its a 530 and I have the old chain off. The new chain came with a master link that needs to be pressed on. The only master link I would use is this one, or a screw in type. The clip type I don't trust on my bikes.

SmokinRAM114
06-15-2007, 05:48 PM
^ Hey retard, end yourself.

Russ, its a 530 and I have the old chain off. The new chain came with a master link that needs to be pressed on. The only master link I would use is this one, or a screw in type. The clip type I don't trust on my bikes.

i have the tool that removes the pin to shorten the chain but i have never delt with any other master links then the clip type.

Breecher_7
06-15-2007, 05:55 PM
I have a chain breaker if thats what your looking for......

Ive used the clip type ones for years without problems.........

There really is no pros or cons to them as long as there installed right.

pOrk
06-15-2007, 05:58 PM
A friend had one break on his brand new EK chain and it damaged his frame and swing arm. I'd rather have this one pressed on.

SmokinRAM114
06-15-2007, 06:04 PM
A friend had one break on his brand new EK chain and it damaged his frame and swing arm. I'd rather have this one pressed on.

more then likely it was improper installation, you got to put the clip end away from the driving direction that way it wont unclip its self. I have raced motocross for 6 years and have been riding longer then that and have never had a problem with the clip style. just a suggestion on what hapened??

Breecher_7
06-15-2007, 06:17 PM
more then likely it was improper installation, you got to put the clip end away from the driving direction that way it wont unclip its self. I have raced motocross for 6 years and have been riding longer then that and have never had a problem with the clip style. just a suggestion on what hapened??

Thats the truth...... Anyways, yeah i have a breaker/installer tool..... :thumbsup

pOrk
06-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I have no idea, it very well could have been installed properly I don't know if he installed it himself or not.