PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or are Bars these days getting lamer and lamer?

Nix
06-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Just as it says. I don't know if its something that came with age or what but bars to me just suck no a days. Everytime you are in a bar or a club there are always the Joe Cools and the Ditzy women and both of them think their shit dosent stink.

I use to frequent Water St. and many other downtown bars/clubs also made many many many rounds at smaller establishments around the area and it always seems to end up being the same old shit. Any input here or am I going crazy or just getting old:rolleyes:

Reverend Cooper
06-14-2007, 10:36 PM
not old, just maturing. and yeah your right

Crawlin
06-14-2007, 10:37 PM
yep you are right. It's why I avoid water street.

there are MUCH better bars with the business professional types, that are ALOT more fun :)

domokun
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
you are correct!!

~bar louie. chick place or not, there is ALWAYS a wide assortment of chicks an always something going on.
~buckheads is ALWAYS jammed packed where its to hard to even move
~HANDC is alright, pending on the night
~north ave isnt ALL that back, the new club decibel is what it was worked up to be in my eyes!

Reverend Cooper
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
i used to like to go to bars,the fights or being in the fights were fun, now its like work to fight its not really fun anymore. i have to much to lose caving the wrong drunk fvcktards skull in nowadays

Silver03SRT
06-14-2007, 10:45 PM
i like going to buckhead but my i am good friends with the GM so i get drunk for CHEAP

Nix
06-14-2007, 10:50 PM
i used to like to go to bars,the fights or being in the fights were fun, now its like work to fight its not really fun anymore. i have to much to lose caving the wrong drunk fvcktards skull in nowadays

Man I hear that and the other things are that if you end up having a beef with someone they will pull a piece out on you or some type of weapon and IF they dont do that they will get all of their freinds togther and beat the crap out of you. Its just not worth it anymore, espically the bars in Milwaukee on water and old world third are just a huge joke. Too damn crowded and over priced milwaukee piss water. Also if you park it costs you and your chances of getting your shit jacked or vandalized is pretty damn good.

300pny
06-14-2007, 10:57 PM
YEa moved from water street now I end up in the snooty 3rd ward

awsomeears
06-14-2007, 11:15 PM
III ( Three ) is probably the best place in the city to go to. If your white, black, ugly, fat, skinny, gothic, prep, Meat head, Dittzy you are welcomed there.

What then happens is that everyone Acts NORMAL.

Three is a place to go for music and see live DJ's throw down some wax or cd's

Car Guy
06-14-2007, 11:17 PM
III ( Three ) is probably the best place in the city to go to. If your white, black, ugly, fat, skinny, gothic, prep, Meat head, Dittzy you are welcomed there.

What then happens is that everyone Acts NORMAL.

Three is a place to go for music and see live DJ's throw down some wax or cd's

WTF is that...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Neal Steffek
06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
you are correct!!

~bar louie. chick place or not, there is ALWAYS a wide assortment of chicks an always something going on. ( plus more sophisticated in my eyes )
~buckheads is ALWAYS jammed packed where its to hard to even move ( also the same old skanks )
~HANDC is alright, pending on the night ( also the same old skanks and highway or freeway whatever that black guys name is :rolf )
~north ave isnt ALL that bad, the new club decibel is what it was worked up to be in my eyes!

Well, I was the doorman of HANDC for the past two years. I know almost every person who works on 3rd street, and the good, and not so good places to go to.

For 3rd st

HANDC ~ it's a dance club, and the best one in Milwaukee for the past six years. I know some will say otherwise but you know what? Any other club you say is better, is now out of busness.

Buckhead ~ Same owners as HANDC. Awesome place to meet chicks and have a great time at. They have live music, and in Milwaukee, you don't get that to much.

Luciles ~ Awesome fun piano bar. The staff is always polite and I dare you to have a bad time there. Lot's of fun.

Old German Beer Hall ~ If you want to go downtown and just sit with some friends over some great beer, this is the place. You would be surprised how many times I have walked in on a Mon or Wens night and it was dead, except for the 20 colledge girls there. Go figure.

Water st.

Bar Luie ~ Best place on Water right now by far. I honestly wouldn't even go anywhere else.

North ave

Cans ~ This is the #1 place I go to if I am not downtown. Another place I have yet to not have a good time at. Very relax mood and setting.

Deep Bar/ Decible ~ new place on North but so far it has been fun. Lot's of old people form HANDC work there now.

If anyone is looking for a new place to go to on Water, Swig's is changing to Sullivan's and I will be the doorman there once the change is done. It is going to be more of a Can's type place. :alcoholic

theavenger333
06-15-2007, 12:08 AM
second Lucilles, great atmosphere, lots of fun, and a WIDE range of ages, people, etc.

btw neal, is Joe selling swig, or reopening it as this new place

awsomeears
06-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Victims>>>>>>>>>>>

70challenger
06-15-2007, 01:08 AM
i knida got wore out on the whole downtown thing, its a drive home for me and drinks are expensive, plus i dont like standing shoulder to shoulder next to people. i usually just stick to the local bars because of those reasons.

pOrk
06-15-2007, 01:21 AM
The bar scene is lame, getting drunk makes the stupid come out and that to me isn't fun to do or watch.

domokun
06-15-2007, 02:26 AM
The bar scene is lame, getting drunk makes the stupid come out and that to me isn't fun to do or watch.

since when you go out its a must to get drunk?

I have YET to get drunk at a bar! I just dont find the joy of making an ass out of myself. not only is it stupid, but expensive. I guess im the more "mature" one of the crowds!

pOrk
06-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Every time I have been to a bar, its filled with drunk idiots looking to get laid. Drinking is too expensive anyways, I'd rather dump gas into the bike and go ride.

Kerrie
06-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Every time I have been to a bar, its filled with drunk idiots looking to get laid. Drinking is too expensive anyways, I'd rather dump gas into the bike and go ride.

indeed. i'd rather get one drink, then spend the rest on quarters for a night full of pool....much more fun, imo.

HITMAN
06-15-2007, 03:10 AM
Fvckhead Saloon SUCKS. Too loud, too crowded, too smoky and too many shitheads looking for a fight. The one and only time I was there (this last December) I absolutely hated it. By the time we had worked ourselves to the back of the bar, I was ready to leave. Yes, the little 21 year old chickies were hot, but if I have to deal with a scene I can't stand just to ogle some gash that isn't coming home with me anyway, I think I'll pass. I'd rather waste my money at a titty bar, instead.

Bar Louie was way more fun. A lot more laid back, both the atmosphere and the clientèle. If I'm going to go to a bar downtown, that's the place I'm going.

hrsp
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
i just had this same talk....i'm only 22..lol and the bar scene is getting stale...

and i barely go to bars or clubs...

i just want a relaxed place to shoot some pool and darts and not have to worry about be shanked...lol

Waver
06-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I try to stay away from the down town barscene all together...If I go there it is is to go to have a nice day (once and a blue moon). Id rather drive 45 min and go to coach house grill on 164 (more of a bar than a restaraunt) on fridays...A lot better people, better atmospherem plays everything from rock to rap to country, and you can just be your self...

jbiscuit
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
I can't afford to go to bars anymore, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Dictionary definition of BAR-----> A place to go in Wisconsin because people have nothing more worthwhile to do, and the person(s) going think they are going to score with a guy/girl...........end of definition.

Yes Nick, the bar scene in Milwaukee is an absolute joke. It's all about looking like Airhead Hilton and Brad Shitt.

I used to hate going into those jam packed places like DickHead Saloon (the place that has the most depressing, untalented band every weekend) and having the urge to body slam every a-hole that bumped into you without saying excuse me.

Bars should be a fad when you're, of age, not something that you should go to every weekend and a couple days during the week. It's not just people being brainwashed into paying $3.50 for a Miller Lite (I hate it, and it is pumped straight from Jones Island), and people have no problem blowing butt loads of cash for this?!

Ok, I dumped My2Cents in....

Jon

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 09:29 AM
I try to stay away from the down town barscene all together...If I go there it is is to go to have a nice day (once and a blue moon). Id rather drive 45 min and go to coach house grill on 164 (more of a bar than a restaraunt) on fridays...A lot better people, better atmospherem plays everything from rock to rap to country, and you can just be your self...

I live a mile from there, we played softball there for years, only problem with that place now is the "element" of the type of person going in there now. Almost been in few fights up there, and that wouldn't have to happen if they wouldn't allow Snoop Dog, Snow, and X-Zibit in there.

Neal Steffek
06-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow, this doesn't sound like people from Milwaukee.

Let me get this straight. You guys hate going to bars becasue.....

1. guys are picking up girls

2. The girls are to pretty, thus are stupid

3. you hate paying $3 for a miller light

4. the music/bands are to loud.

5. to many people in the bar. (must be a good place then my that logic)

Are you guys all 70 years old?

Neal Steffek
06-15-2007, 09:39 AM
second Lucilles, great atmosphere, lots of fun, and a WIDE range of ages, people, etc.

btw neal, is Joe selling swig, or reopening it as this new place

To be honest, I don't know. I know that a friend of mine who works on 3rd and Bar Luie is going to be the new GM and asked me to be his head doorman and I agree'd to. He is an awesome guy and one of the funniest person's I ever met.

wikked
06-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Buckheads is :gay... I've never seen so many phucking douchebags in one place.
That place was SO much better when it was Bar Milwaukee.

Victims>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't know why I agree, but I do... can't... stop... going.
I think they put crack in the popcorn.
The free pizza is great too :D

UnderPSI
06-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Fvckhead Saloon SUCKS.

X2 :thumbsup

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Buckheads is :gay... I've never seen so many phucking douchebags in one place.

Bar Milwaukee was better than Dickheads?! No no...hell no. I don't care for Dickhead's anymore, but Bar Mil was a cold night in hell, boring, the theme was dumb, and they never packed the place in enough.

Remember it was Bannana Joes before Bar Mil? THAT was a hot spot!!!! oooooooooooo yeah.........until they lost their liquor license.

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm with brad, 3 is the shit. No additude in the place, good music.

Depends on the bar. I HATE water street. Just a bunch of roudy coolege kids. I enjoy the more "grown up" places.

3, euro, cush, kenadees, I'll even stop at eve from time to time. Yea it's pricey but I'll pay to not have to deal with little punks.

Neal Steffek
06-15-2007, 10:53 AM

This has got to be a joke. Bar Milwaukee was a shit hole of shit holes. When I went into Buckheads before it was open to the public I couldn't believe it was the same place. I will say that it does get a little crowded from time to time but you are going to get that in a good place.

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
and john, I remember Bannana hoes. That place was the shit. Used to go there with my step bro before I was 21.

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
This has got to be a joke. Bar Milwaukee was a shit hole of shit holes. When I went into Buckheads before it was open to the public I couldn't believe it was the same place. I will say that it does get a little crowded from time to time but you are going to get that in a good place.

Bar milwukee was LAME!!!

You could barely walk in there because your shoes stuck to the floor.

Silver350
06-15-2007, 11:25 AM
After I did the whole water street scene I got sick of it too. Now the only time I really go to a bar is to play softball. Even then I just hang outside in the garden area by the fields, I dont really go inside at all once i get there.

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
Bar milwukee was LAME!!!

You could barely walk in there because your shoes stuck to the floor.

Exactly how Have A Shity Day Crapfe' is. I swear that floor has NEVER been cleaned, unless they consider a water being spilled on the floor being cleaned.

Shithouse I tells ya'!

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
The differance is clear to me

HANDC
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/HANDC-05-26-07/

Vs

Euro
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/euro0613/

Different type of person and thats a fact. It's not that drink till I puke party person.

I really want to go check out the new Badda bings. Place looks cool.
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/bada/

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
The differance is clear to me

HANDC
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/HANDC-05-26-07/

Vs

Euro
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/euro0613/

Different type of person and thats a fact. It's not that drink till I puke party person.

I really want to go check out the new Badda bings. Place looks cool.
http://gallery.milwaukeenights.com/main.php/v/bada/

I knew the owner and a bartender at the old Bada Bings. That place was tight..........until the wrong element kept coming in there and causing big drama and ruined the place....

That is why I could care less if I hit a bar or not.

67-400
06-15-2007, 12:34 PM
I live a mile from there, we played softball there for years, only problem with that place now is the "element" of the type of person going in there now. Almost been in few fights up there, and that wouldn't have to happen if they wouldn't allow Snoop Dog, Snow, and X-Zibit in there.

:rolf:rolf:rolf

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 01:01 PM

Coach house is like a high schoo reunion. I hate it. I hate running into people and being forced to talk to them. I never gave a shit then, why would I now?:chair:

GRM-REPR
06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Coach house is like a high schoo reunion. I hate it. I hate running into people and being forced to talk to them. I never gave a shit then, why would I now?:chair:

You have friends to run into?

j/k:goof

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Nope, I have no friends. I like it that way.:thumbsup

Nix
06-15-2007, 01:43 PM

Awwww thanks alot playa playa!! I'll remember this shit!! We went to school togther for years and that how you feel about me?!?!!? FINE!!! Im never talking to you again and Im putting you on IGNORE FOREVER!!!!!:(:crying:(:crying

Buwhahahahaahaha, I feel the same way Mikey!

xxsn0blindxx
06-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I've pretty much written off Water St. there's really no appeal there for me. I have no interest in going to bars that that are that crowded. I definitely prefer the north ave. bars. Von Triers is my favorite simply because they have an awesome beer selection and its never crowded. Paddy's is pretty cool too, but they usually don't have a lot of space. Yield, where Dragon Lounge used to be is pretty good too and they play good music. Personally this whole let's go out and get in fights thing is about the gayest shit I've ever heard of. The whole macho dickhead thing is so ******* lame.

SLOWC5
06-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Been going out to the bars for 5 years and never been in a fight, nor the friends i go out with....

Flight_740
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Been going out to the bars for 5 years and never been in a fight, nor the friends i go out with....

Had a few little "tiffs". Nothing serious. I just don't need the bad additudes.

HITMAN
06-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Wow, this doesn't sound like people from Milwaukee.

Let me get this straight. You guys hate going to bars becasue.....

1. guys are picking up girls

2. The girls are to pretty, thus are stupid

3. you hate paying $3 for a miller light

4. the music/bands are to loud.

5. to many people in the bar. (must be a good place then my that logic)

Are you guys all 70 years old?

No, some of us are just not as easily impressed by what all of the other post teeny-bopper sheeple are doing as you are...:rolleyes:

WickedSix
06-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Frequent water street and brady street downtown (close to school) and for the most part folks with too much time and money down there...... Go down to the hunter's nest of big muskego lake. Say hi to the guy with a scar covering half his face where he got shot with a 357 :guns1 point blank and he just might show you his knife collection he keep in his hemi durango :sniper bring cash though they don't take credit :durr

GRM-REPR
06-16-2007, 11:23 AM
No, some of us are just not as easily impressed by what all of the other post teeny-bopper sheeple are doing as you are...:rolleyes:

X2.....

Waver
06-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Well I have been going to coach since it opened up under the name of coach....hell I went there when it went under on of its many other names as well...I know the owners, know most of the bouncers, hell I was even a bouncer lol....you will get that element anywhere just about...however since I know 50% of the people there I am not going to worry about it. It is just the punk kids who just turned 21 that you have to look out for.

GRM-REPR
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Well I have been going to coach since it opened up under the name of coach....hell I went there when it went under on of its many other names as well...I know the owners, know most of the bouncers, hell I was even a bouncer lol....you will get that element anywhere just about...however since I know 50% of the people there I am not going to worry about it. It is just the punk kids who just turned 21 that you have to look out for.

I live a mile from there, it's a high school reunion everytime, and yes, it's been Bailey Diamond Oak, Lucy and Ethels, KP Classics, (Something else that I can't remember for a short while), now Crud House.

My problem is knowing that the type of music that attracts people is hip-hop/rap/dance. That (like you mentioned) attracts the bad element. I find it ammusing that blacks and latins don't like us in "their" bars, but they think it's ok to dress like a clown and come out here. EVERY night I've been there, drama happens.

Of course they are not all bad, and not just minorities cause trouble, but I think the idea I've gotten from others on this thread is the same as mine. Hitting bars just becomes old and useless, like my lil' bro titled this thread....LAME!

My opinions tho....

Neal Steffek
06-16-2007, 01:03 PM
For you people saying you go to "coach" I had no idea that is the old KP Classics. I got myslef good and drunk there more then a few times becasue a good friend of mine used to run wrestling shows out there years ago. I find it funny that some of you would prefer drinking at a baseball diamond/field then other places. :rolf

theavenger333
06-16-2007, 09:22 PM

you go with or know all the bouncers! :goof

Nix
06-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I find it funny that some of you would prefer drinking at a baseball diamond/field then other places. :rolf

To each their own I suppose...:rolleyes:

Waver
06-18-2007, 06:54 AM
I live a mile from there, it's a high school reunion everytime, and yes, it's been Bailey Diamond Oak, Lucy and Ethels, KP Classics, (Something else that I can't remember for a short while), now Crud House.

My problem is knowing that the type of music that attracts people is hip-hop/rap/dance. That (like you mentioned) attracts the bad element. I find it ammusing that blacks and latins don't like us in "their" bars, but they think it's ok to dress like a clown and come out here. EVERY night I've been there, drama happens.

Of course they are not all bad, and not just minorities cause trouble, but I think the idea I've gotten from others on this thread is the same as mine. Hitting bars just becomes old and useless, like my lil' bro titled this thread....LAME!

My opinions tho....
Yeah I think it was called rutgers or somthing too.....I know what you are saying, however you are going to get that at any bar that gets packed every weekend....if you dont want to deal with the crowds, go there during summerfest...

67-400
06-18-2007, 12:58 PM
With all the talk about Have a Dead Day or D!ckhead Saloon previously being Bar of Milwaukee & Banana Hoes, lets not forget about how fun 1225 Water was!! :goof Whatever it is now, I forget, but that was one of the ones I frequented....like 7 yrs ago.

wikked
06-18-2007, 01:06 PM
With all the talk about Have a Dead Day or D!ckhead Saloon previously being Bar of Milwaukee & Banana Hoes, lets not forget about how fun 1225 Water was!! :goof Whatever it is now, I forget, but that was one of the ones I frequented....like 7 yrs ago.

hah yea 1225... it was "ok".
I was there once for new years, and a brick came sailing through the front window, landed like 10ft from me at the bar... then a fight broke out in front, one guy got his face bloodied nicely... wheeee.

Neal Steffek
06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
hah yea 1225... it was "ok".
I was there once for new years, and a brick came sailing through the front window, landed like 10ft from me at the bar... then a fight broke out in front, one guy got his face bloodied nicely... wheeee.

Your not the only one to have seen a big bloodyfight there. :chair:

UnderPSI
06-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Any one go to City Lounge yet? It is in Cudahy. Smoke free. It looks bad ass in side. It looks like you are in the street sitting outside once you get in. Did I mention Smoke Free. I saw it in Milwaukee Magazine. Just wondering what kind of atmosphere it was.

Daytonapacecar959
06-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Any one go to City Lounge yet? It is in Cudahy. Smoke free. It looks bad ass in side. It looks like you are in the street sitting outside once you get in. Did I mention Smoke Free. I saw it in Milwaukee Magazine. Just wondering what kind of atmosphere it was.

I was there a couple weeks ago.It was pretty good,no drama when i was there,a mix of young and old.didn't like the crappy 80's music the DJ was playing when i was there.The smoke free was a big plus for me.

Cryptic
06-18-2007, 10:20 PM

Smoke Free... gonna have to check that out. :thumbsup

Korndogg
06-18-2007, 10:27 PM
yeah the City Lounge is owned by the owner of the Landmark's kid.

Z28Envy
06-18-2007, 10:28 PM
The area where my parents live(Rochester, MN) is going completely smoke free in bars and restaurants starting in October. Right now you can't smoke in restaurants and bars can have smoking if liquor sales make up more that 50% of their business. Going to be a lot of people standing outside in the rain and snow.

SlowStee
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
I have no complaints about north ave or water street really. Had a great bday down there, and still have great times, just way EXPENSIVE..

Its an age thing I Guess.

flackjacket
06-18-2007, 11:37 PM
i go to brady pretty much every friday. mostly because my friend bartends at the Nomad. But its a pretty cool bar if you like Soccer. And the beer's they carry are some of the best I've had.

SlowStee
06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
i go to brady pretty much every friday. mostly because my friend bartends at the Nomad. But its a pretty cool bar if you like Soccer. And the beer's they carry are some of the best I've had.

Do you know Jon Friedland??

Flight_740
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
One problem, cudahy. What a pit. :puke

H8RADE
06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Nomad is great for lounging outside with my dawg.
Also, check out Carleton Grange in St. Francis/Cudahy area.
Amazing bar.
:thumbsup

turbogarrett
06-19-2007, 05:26 PM
The water street, 3rd st. bars suck once you get to be ~ 25. Suddenly everyone looks like they are way younger than you and you realize "my god, these people suck, wtf have I been doing with my weekends for the last few years!"

Now, when I go out it's usually to my local establishment (walter's 70th/north) or once in awhile downtown to milwaukee st., jefferson or north ave and cab it home:D:alcoholic I'm all for the smoking bans, although have been known to fire up a menthol 5-6 cocktails into the night.

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Theres a good no smoking bar and grill just down from the coach house. Called longnecks. have all kinds of team sports to sign up for and 2 dollar pints of their homebrews during happy hour. Lots of good looking waitresses there too ;)

Heat Seeker WS6
06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
Longnecks! :headbang:headbang:thumbsup

WickedSix
06-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Longnecks! :headbang:headbang:thumbsup

Oh they have the martini masters thingy too. Drink alot of dirrent martinis get a card punched and get a tee shirt. :banana costs like 110 dollars in the end but it is all about the journey, not so much the final destination ;)

Silver03SRT
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
longnecks is a cool place. good food too.

nismodave
06-19-2007, 09:48 PM
No smoking....FTL.

contact
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
getting lamer for sure, but it also has a lot to do with growing up.