PDA

View Full Version : Borchards Car Show Fathers Day 6/17/07

scaleracer
06-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Just as the title says Sunday 6/17/07 is Borchards Fathers Day car show usually a good show till the cops show up if you know what I mean.:goof

Mssplayboybunie
06-15-2007, 09:20 AM
It's one of the biggest best car shows in the area, last year was rained out and i just looked at the forcast on RR and it says storms sat,sunday, into monday I surely hope not! because we go every year, it's always a good showing

SmokinRAM114
06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
im leavin here shortly and
heading down.

84hurst
06-17-2007, 02:25 PM
I was there for a little while. I saw the guys from Crash with their cars out and I saw Memphis and B4MYTYM too. Lotta cool cars out there. But I still wasn't happy to be at Borchardt's.:fire

Mssplayboybunie
06-17-2007, 02:30 PM
1 word Hott this morning, but it sure was a nice time looking at all the cars! I was happy with it...lots of people, even ran into a few old friends I havent seen in awhile so all in all it was a good time, Hott but nice!

Holeshot
06-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I am sure 99% of you have a yahoo address so follow link to pics. They are all off my phone.....
EDIT UP DATED LINK.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/14127343@N00/sets/

Car Guy
06-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I was there for a little while. I saw the guys from Crash with their cars out and I saw Memphis and B4MYTYM too. Lotta cool cars out there. But I still wasn't happy to be at Borchardt's.:fire

Same here, it's ironic to me that the biggest car show is held at the biggest sh*t hole of a speedshop......

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

b4mytm
06-17-2007, 08:00 PM
It was a good show as always.After meeting up early this morning Brew City Street Machines had 14 cars parked together and a couple others throughout the show.Atleast 3 of our members won awards including Yellow Wagon.:thumbsup
It was well deserved and he didn't even know he won until I called him.I have the plaque in my car Jason,so it can feel like a winner atleast for a few days,lol
I'll post a few pics later.

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2007, 08:16 PM
sorry we missed getting up there becky it started raining no long after i got off the phone with you. hope you guys had fun

b4mytm
06-17-2007, 08:22 PM
sorry we missed getting up there becky it started raining no long after i got off the phone with you. hope you guys had fun

I was hoping that I didn't just miss seeing you there.I'll see you soon.

PonyKiller87
06-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Same here, it's ironic to me that the biggest car show is held at the biggest sh*t hole of a speedshop......

I was going to roll buy a with a big F*CK BORCHARDS sign, but decided it wasn't worth my time.

jbiscuit
06-18-2007, 07:59 AM
It was a good show as always.After meeting up early this morning Brew City Street Machines had 14 cars parked together and a couple others throughout the show.Atleast 3 of our members won awards including Yellow Wagon.:thumbsup
It was well deserved and he didn't even know he won until I called him.I have the plaque in my car Jason,so it can feel like a winner atleast for a few days,lol
I'll post a few pics later.

I still can't believe I won anything. There were so many nice cars there yesterday it was unbelievable.:thumbsup

Thanks for grabbing the award for me...I appreciate it. I can't believe I won!!:banana1:

scaleracer
06-18-2007, 09:22 PM
first year we missed it and from the pics it looked like we missed a good time my dad and I had to work at GLD.:thumbsup btw were there cops there the whole time or any burnouts????:confused:confused

pOrk
06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
I left at 2 and only 1 cop was there when I departed. It was HOT, I had a good time

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2007, 12:09 AM
hot like hawt. or hot like balls stuck to my leg?

b4mytm
06-19-2007, 07:25 AM
first year we missed it and from the pics it looked like we missed a good time my dad and I had to work at GLD.:thumbsup btw were there cops there the whole time or any burnouts????:confused:confused

There was one cop there the whole time.No burnouts.The show itself has been strict about no burnouts for the last few years.

Feature Pony
06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I am sure 99% of you have a yahoo address so follow link to pics. They are all off my phone.....

Dang what kind of phone do you have? Those are some ggod pics

scaleracer
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
There was one cop there the whole time.No burnouts.The show itself has been strict about no burnouts for the last few years.

so we didn't miss that much i guess oh well we'll try to make it next year!

Holeshot
06-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Dang what kind of phone do you have? Those are some ggod pics

I hear that a lot. Its an LG VX8300 I have a 1 gig micro memory card in it so I can mp3 a ton of music and take a ton of pics too.:headbang

BlackLightning
06-19-2007, 08:21 PM
does anyone know anything about that blue turbocharged first gen camaro? I was just curious what's under the hood. I walked by and saw the laptop mounted in it but didn't think anything of it until I heard him drive by.

1967SS396
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Wow that was WAY bigget than I thought

I should have come down

Feature Pony
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
534 cars showed up

1967SS396
06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
534 cars showed up

No WAY !!

NICE ! :headbang

Car Guy
06-20-2007, 03:27 PM
534 cars showed up

I think two [or three] years ago when everybody was going overboard with burnouts had to be the best turnout ever......

Stil a decent turnout this year.....

Feature Pony
06-20-2007, 03:54 PM
No WAY !!

NICE ! :headbang

Yeah thats what they said at the awards. there were cars there to that didn't register and showed up about noon. So I'm guessing there was a total of 560+ cars there. This had to be the biggest turn out so far because the show was wrapped all around Romines, the whole brager chrysler lot was full at 8:30am and the honda dealer ship almost had cars in the back lot.

DirtyMax
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM

I think something is wrong with your camera... All the cars look like they are driving on a downward angle into hell... :goof J/K Nice pics thanks for sharing!!!

5 ltr klr
06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
any one else have any pictures????????....like after 12:00ish

STANMAN
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
My car was there, it won in it's class (E class, 73 and newer)!!!!!

STANMAN
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Oh, and what's wrong with Borchardts BTW?? I have only delt with Marv up and C and M Performance with my Mustang, and I wouldn't ever take it anywhere else, as he's the best, but it would be nice to know why to steer clear of a place!!

Car Guy
06-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh, and what's wrong with Borchardts BTW?? I have only delt with Marv up and C and M Performance with my Mustang, and I wouldn't ever take it anywhere else, as he's the best, but it would be nice to know why to steer clear of a place!!

All around not a good place to deal with, I have first hand experience and so do many others.....

STANMAN
06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Care to expand? I like first hand accounts rather than "I heard". Like Beyond Engineering I have "heard" lots of complaints about them, but when I went there for thier Dyno Day, I had a good time, even though it is an import shop. I felt welcomed, and everyone was really cool!!!!!

Karps TA
06-20-2007, 06:15 PM
See the Time Warner Cable/Direct TV thread. Pretty much same concept. lol

Some people have had bad experiences. I've had nothing but great service from Mike at Borchardts. I've also used C&S for a few things, but didn't like the attitude I was given by them when I was asking questions on what I all needed done on my current engine. They pretty much treated me like I was a know nothing waste of time, so I won't go back there anymore, despite it being less then a mile from my work.

Car Guy
06-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Care to expand? I like first hand accounts rather than "I heard". Like Beyond Engineering I have "heard" lots of complaints about them, but when I went there for thier Dyno Day, I had a good time, even though it is an import shop. I felt welcomed, and everyone was really cool!!!!!

It's a rather long story that I care not to remember :fire but Mike B. is a piece of sh*t and all he cares about is making money, nothing else. He was 'involved' with someone that I took to court and would take the side of whomever would make him look less like the POS he is, just a complete weasel.....

Needless to say I have no respect for him and will never deal with him again no matter if he's the last place on earth.....and I'm sure there are many other people that feel the same way.....

See the Time Warner Cable/Direct TV thread. Pretty much same concept. lol

Some people have had bad experiences. I've had nothing but great service from Mike at Borchardts. I've also used C&S for a few things, but didn't like the attitude I was given by them when I was asking questions on what I all needed done on my current engine. They pretty much treated me like I was a know nothing waste of time, so I won't go back there anymore, despite it being less then a mile from my work.

I can see your point but for me it comes down to the work performed, especially when you're spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I am one for excellent customer service but if the work is top notch than I can deal with a the lack of customer friendliness, unless they are complete a**holes about it. I've dealt with C&S many times and I'll agree they can have an arrogance sometimes but that's because they do good work and they know it. I honestly don't think they try to be like that but it comes off that way......

PonyKiller87
06-20-2007, 06:51 PM

If you do a search there are a few threads about it. I'm not going to post my story again on here, but if you really want to hear it I'll PM you.

Basicly it does boil down to Mike being a douche bag.

STANMAN
06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Ok, where is C&S, and what do they specialize in?? (Kilpatricks does Mopars, C and M does Fords, I don't know what Borchards does, but I am guessing from the way they classed their car show it's GM's) And yeah, drop me a PM, I think us performance guys should help each other out by getting out the word, good or bad.

That being said, Marv and C and M Performance is GREAT to work with!!!

Karps TA
06-20-2007, 07:25 PM
I

I can see your point but for me it comes down to the work performed, especially when you're spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars. I am one for excellent customer service but if the work is top notch than I can deal with a the lack of customer friendliness, unless they are complete a**holes about it. I've dealt with C&S many times and I'll agree they can have an arrogance sometimes but that's because they do good work and they know it. I honestly don't think they try to be like that but it comes off that way......

I had no problem with the work either. I'va had them do head work on 2 sets of heads for me, and my current shortblock. None of them I've had any issues. I know people have had issues with him. But Mike sat down with me, walked me thru everything and was great to deal with the entire time. I had money to spend at either place. But C&S acted like they weren't interested in my money and had better things to do. It wasn't so much arrogance by them, it was more like if you don't already know exactly what you want to build then "f" off. Well I was building my first motor that was going to see nitrous use and had some questions.

But I might just be lucky, cause I've had no problems with Time Warner either :rolf

Reverend Cooper
06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
this was a good thread about a great show

Karps TA
06-20-2007, 07:30 PM
this was a good thread about a great show

Yeah but it was dying. It would have been at the bottom of the page by the end of the week. :rolf

Car Guy
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
I had no problem with the work either. I'va had them do head work on 2 sets of heads for me, and my current shortblock. None of them I've had any issues. I know people have had issues with him. But Mike sat down with me, walked me thru everything and was great to deal with the entire time. I had money to spend at either place. But C&S acted like they weren't interested in my money and had better things to do. It wasn't so much arrogance by them, it was more like if you don't already know exactly what you want to build then "f" off. Well I was building my first motor that was going to see nitrous use and had some questions.

But I might just be lucky, cause I've had no problems with Time Warner either :rolf

Alright, last post about this because I know it's not what this thread is about.....:chair:

I know of people (like yourself) that have nothing bad to say about him, and he wouldn't still be around if he wasn't doing business and making money. However, when I determine 'what kind of person' someone is it's done by the worst thing they have done to me or someone else. Everybody can do good things in life but it's the people that don't do the negative things that make them stand out as good people.....

I've had many close friends in my life that for the most part were good people, but the moment they did something totally illegal or just plain wrong against somebody/something I would say to myself in dis-belief "how could he/she do that...???" For the most part I would not associate myself with that person anymore because to me that one negative act defines them as a whole. A couple of times I started associating with said persons again only to have the same sh*t happen again.....

That's how I look at it, and unfortunately until my first dealing with Mike I actually liked him and had no problems with him.....

STANMAN
06-21-2007, 02:01 PM
Ok, lets get this shit back on track.

Did anyone else notice the Grand National back by the barn that looked like it had come out of a time/space vortex from 86? I mean the thing was mint, unmolested, 14K original miles. I almost wet myself, I mean I am not a GM guy, but GN's have always held a special place for me (hey, and Regal that's faster than a Corvette deserves some props, wonder if that's why it only lasted 3 years:wooo). And then to see one that's not hacked up, I mean ever the turbo cover was still on the car!!! That car made the show for me! I mean there were LOTS of nice cars there, but that one really made me do a double take!!!!

Car Guy
06-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Ok, lets get this shit back on track.

Did anyone else notice the Grand National back by the barn that looked like it had come out of a time/space vortex from 86? I mean the thing was mint, unmolested, 14K original miles. I almost wet myself, I mean I am not a GM guy, but GN's have always held a special place for me (hey, and Regal that's faster than a Corvette deserves some props, wonder if that's why it only lasted 3 years:wooo). And then to see one that's not hacked up, I mean ever the turbo cover was still on the car!!! That car made the show for me! I mean there were LOTS of nice cars there, but that one really made me do a double take!!!!

Funny enough that was the only car I really looked at Sunday, and yes it's a very nice car. I mainly was eyeing it up to compare it to my dad's '87 GN, which only has 25k on it and is as clean. However, when my dad's was new at the dealer (or shortly there after) there was some sort of 'kit' put on, it has a couple ram air scoops on the bottom of the bumper and some other little crap. It was good to see what they were bone stock so I could compare.....

STANMAN
06-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Why can's we edit our posts? I see 2 mistakes in my post about the GN and want to fix them so everyone doesn't think I am retarded. I mean I want them to find that out for themselves:drool::D

spindler27
06-21-2007, 06:13 PM
well, if you think 14k and perfect is a time capsule, i can one-up that, my friends fiance's dad has a Turbo T/A, 3000 miles i shit you not, PERFECT in every aspect, i saw the car and was completely blown away, then i saw the ODO and i came............twice

Car Guy
06-21-2007, 07:02 PM
well, if you think 14k and perfect is a time capsule, i can one-up that, my friends fiance's dad has a Turbo T/A, 3000 miles i shit you not, PERFECT in every aspect, i saw the car and was completely blown away, then i saw the ODO and i came............twice

Who said anything about a timecapsule...??? :shades

STANMAN
06-21-2007, 07:14 PM
See, you can edit, why can't I figure it out, lol!!!

Car Guy
06-21-2007, 07:36 PM

I think it might be because you are a newer member.....

scaleracer
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM

you should be able to edit after you post look next to Quote in the bottom right side of your post :thumbsup

STANMAN
06-21-2007, 07:47 PM
It only says "quick reply to this message". Perhaps it's because I am new??

spindler27
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
yes it is, they left it out for newbs cuz then if they get pissed off or act stupid that cant edit it and act like it didnt happen, i have an edit button bob! haha

STANMAN
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Soon I will be able to edit to. Then I can start acting like a jagoff like I do everywhere else muhahahahaha:wooo

Actually it's just WISRTS that I seem to get people upset on. And we all know how those "Neon" people are:D

5 ltr klr
06-22-2007, 10:12 AM
any one have pictures of all those GN's??????????????????

I had that one at the dealership on that hill.

Mssplayboybunie
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
best showing thus for, we were pleased with this year's event. Hope next year will be even bigger.

STANMAN
06-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Was this really the best turn-out ever? If so, cool!!! I know my contigent of Mustangs (we were all parked at Boyland Honda) plans on coming again next year. Joel, why don't you get the SRT community into this event, I was suprised at the lack of SRT's there.