PDA

View Full Version : Easy-set pool

u_say_go
06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Anyone out there have one of those 'inflate & fill' Easy-Set swimming pools? I bought one the other day, not sure if I like it or not. It's a 15'x42" pool, but the water depth is only about 30inches, not 42. We first set it up, filled it up about half way (3,200 gallons when full) and noticed it was leaning really bad...drained it, moved it to a more level area of the yard, refilled it and it seems fairly level but the sides didnt raise like they're supposed to.
Anyone have one of these pools? opinions on them?

Car Guy
06-12-2007, 11:54 PM
What brand is it...??? We have a Intex brand >>> http://www.intexcorp.com/main.html and as far as a quick set pools go it's the best thing since sliced bread. You do need to have it on level ground, ours is the 8' by 30" deep one and when I sit in it (6' tall) it's up to my shoulders (for the most part).....

Actually now that you brought it up I think it's time to go set it up.....:headbang

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

u_say_go
06-12-2007, 11:58 PM
ours is an Intex as well. For the money, you can't beat it. Not looking forward to the water bill though!:crying The manual says when filled to just below top ring, the water depth should be 36"-38", we're MAYBE at 30". Oh well, the kids are having fun with it so I guess I should stop worrying.

Car Guy
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
Is the 'floor' completely stretched out, no wrinkles, folds, etc, because that will take away from the height of it.....

Yooformula
06-13-2007, 01:27 AM
I had one also but ours wouldnt go up straight for sh!t and with the slighest slope in our backyard it kept slipping over.

u_say_go
06-13-2007, 12:01 PM
the floor is completely wrinkle-free. I asked the kids this morning if they were happy with it, and they are so...I was going to go out and get one of the steel frame pools because I was so frustrated with this one, but I'll wait till next year. Trying to get the chlorine and alkalinity levels adjusted now, you almost have to be a chemist to get this schit right!

Silver350
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
My buddy has one we set it up last year and didnt have it on very level ground. This year we dug up the dead spot and leveled it out and put sand down. When filling it we would start filling it with water and my friend and I would walk aroun pulling the bottome tight untill there was too much water to move it. We filled up the top with air and just left the hose in it and it went up with out a problem.

Car Guy
06-13-2007, 01:20 PM
My buddy has one we set it up last year and didnt have it on very level ground. This year we dug up the dead spot and leveled it out and put sand down. When filling it we would start filling it with water and my friend and I would walk aroun pulling the bottome tight untill there was too much water to move it. We filled up the top with air and just left the hose in it and it went up with out a problem.

That's kind of what we did the third time around, and we've has nothing but good things to say about ours. The fact that we only paid like $30 for it on fall clearance helped too......:headbang