PDA

View Full Version : Worst rally corner!!!

nismodave
06-12-2007, 08:21 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qiIYEmpWaaQ

Car Guy
06-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I saw that some time ago and just wondered what the hell was going on. I'm sure there we cars that made it through without crashing but the fact that a dozen did is ridiculous. Now not being a avid rally racer I can't say for sure what happened but I'm guessing the 'map' that they're given was dead wrong. Towards the middle of the clip you can see the guy in the red car (while upside down!) pointing to the map in disbelief.....

That clip also reminds me of a time I went to meet up with a guy just off of Calhoun & Cleveland. I walk into his shop and right inside the door is a small rally racer of some sort (like a Miata but older/foreign) with the FR corner just smashed to hell. I asked him "what the ???" and he said "oh yeah, that just happened at the last race in [Europe somewhere?]. We were going around what was supposed to be a slight turn doing about 65 mph and it ended up being a 90* turn, so the brick wall came up really quick and that was it.....

I said "what's the deal with that" and he said "well the [map] that was given to us was wrong." I said "so who'd you kill because of it," and he just shrugged his shoulders and said "nobody." Now his car was not a piece of junk, you could've easily of driven it to a car show and put it in the show! He flies overseas to get in this race and because of some sh*thead who doesn't know how to make a map his car is now trashed, and obviously that was it for that particular race.....

He was so calm about it and I'm standing there getting pissed just talking to him about it...!!! Well, needless to say I will not be getting into that sport anytime soon.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

SmokinRAM114
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
thats funny

lasttimearound
06-12-2007, 02:54 PM
i love the people laughing at it

lilws6
06-12-2007, 05:00 PM
aigh aigh aigh aigh aigh it is quite interesting that so many cars could not make the corner but funny as well.