PDA

View Full Version : Bike chain and sprocket change needed.

98whitegpgt
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I just bought a new chain and rear sprocket for my 07 650 svs. Im looking for someone who has done this before that can get it done for me on sat morning for a decent price. I would do it myself, but with being in New Orleans for work the last 2 weeks, I have a lot to do this weekend as it is.

PM me if you are interested with a price and weather or not you can get it done saturday.

thanks,

Ryan

Breecher_7
06-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Ill be fishing....SORRY!!!!!

Did you say new chain and REAR sprocket? You do realize if you dont change both sprockets your just going to tear the chain up right? Every sprocket and chain combo wears differently. I hope you have a new front as well.

300pny
06-11-2007, 05:26 PM
Highly suggest just taking it in to someone. I don't know if I would simply trust Joe Shmo to change such a vital part on a bike. Chain/sprocket malfunctioning could be catostraphic.

Breecher_7
06-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Highly suggest just taking it in to someone. I don't know if I would simply trust Joe Shmo to change such a vital part on a bike. Chain/sprocket malfunctioning could be catostraphic.

Ill have to disagree with ya here..... As long as you have a rear stand or a motorcycle jack this is very very very easy....

pOrk
06-11-2007, 07:51 PM
^ Don't need that either. Ratchet straps and a cieling joist work wonders :)

I'll be changing mine as soon as my chain and sprockets come in. I ordered them earlier today.

Breecher_7
06-11-2007, 08:26 PM
^ Don't need that either. Ratchet straps and a cieling joist work wonders :)

I'll be changing mine as soon as my chain and sprockets come in. I ordered them earlier today.

Good point but a stand or jack are much nicer!

pOrk
06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I wouldn't know, I'm to cheap for a stand. I think I am going to set aside some monies for a pitbull though, would make things so much easier.

300pny
06-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Ill have to disagree with ya here..... As long as you have a rear stand or a motorcycle jack this is very very very easy....

Not saying its hard I just wouldn't trust any Yahoo doing the work on this vital part. If they were installing new floor board inserts OK. Not my chain and spocket.