PDA

View Full Version : dvd burning problem/question

05caddyext
06-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I recently purchased a new desktop computer, an HP with the amd athlon chip. This new computer does not have vista, got it right before that came out. I have a program called dvd-to-dvdr that I have been using for years that I use to burn movies with. I had this same program on my laptop, a toshiba satellite. The program worked flawlessly on my laptop but about 6 months ago the hard-drive and the dvd-drive went bad and I didn't feel like fixing it, its old.

On the new computer every time I run this program it gets to the point where it would normally tell you to insert a blank disc and it crashes. Gives you one of those Microsoft errors that says blah blah has encountered an error and needs to close. Haven't gotten it to work right yet.

Now for the interesting part. I just recently fixed my laptop, put a new hard-drive in it and replaced the panasonic uj-811b drive with a pioneer dvr-k05 drive. Computer works great, no issues. dvds play, music works. But now when I run that program, a program that ive used for years, it gives me that same error that my desktop does. I have reformatted the entire computer, erased the program, re-installed it, nothing works. I even purchased a new copy of the program just to see if it was the program itself. Nope, still shuts down.

Anyone have any idea what would be causing this? I never had an issue with it until now, and I can't get it to work, ive tried everything I can think of. Any help/advice would be appreciated.