PDA

View Full Version : Cancer

Silver350
06-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Well today was kind of disappointing. I figured seeing I had off I would completely wash the truck so tomorrow so I can wax it. After almost 10 years of the truck being off the assembly line it finally started to show signs of cancer on the lower part of the doors. Looks like the stuff formed on the inside of the driver and passenger side (The Driver side is the worsted). The stuff that formed on the exterior didn't come through yet but there is stained rust color that I am slowly getting off with 3m rubbing compound. Another year or so and it will be just like all the other CK's on the road with some rot. :mad:

hrsp
06-08-2007, 06:12 PM
R.I.P......sorry to hear,,,its the worst sight one can see....

Flicktitty
06-08-2007, 06:35 PM
thats too bad to hear man, my truck is a 91 And it was holding up great. the chrome was chipping on the rear bumper then all of a sudden last spring i was washing the truck and hit the drivers cab corner and crack a big hole :(

Brandon W.
06-08-2007, 06:42 PM
if it has not went all the way through, its still save able. get ALL of it off with some sand paper or whatever. and paint it. id rather have thin spots then holes.

Cryptic
06-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Scott, my 98 2500 had the same thing.

My dad and I just repaired it. Cut/grinded it out and welded in a new sheet.
The metal is so frickening thin. a little bit of heat warps the sh!t out of it. So it took some bondo to straighten the waves out. Your better off getting a new skin.

I have heavier metal there now so, its better than new now.

pickardracing
06-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I feel ya man. I pulled off the back bumper of my mustang a couple months ago to find a huge rust hole.

Not a spot of rust anywhere else on the car but this one spot just rusted through. Just got done cutting it all out tonight. Luckily for me the affected area is completely hidden from sight, but it will still be a good repair.

johnny--2k
06-09-2007, 02:54 AM
OH MY GOD!!! I though YOU had cancer, it's just your truck though.

hahaha....j/k scotty! That sucks. Is it too far along to get taken care of at all? Truck still looks great though. Saw you about a month ago on HWY by speedway during the day.

Al
06-09-2007, 03:21 AM
OH MY GOD!!! I though YOU had cancer, it's just your truck though.

I'l second that. I was expecting to hear the word "malignant."