PDA

View Full Version : got pulled over this morning

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 02:18 PM
i live in a small town and usually only see cops when there is an accident. today as soon as i pulled out of my driveway and got to the intersection my radar detector started going off. i did not see any cop so i continued on my way to work. as soon as i turned the corner i saw him on the edge of town facing towards me. i tooled past him and he immediatly turned his flashers on. i pulled over and this is how the conversation went:

cop: do you know why i pulled you over?

me: good morning, no i have no idea :confused

cop: failure to display a front license plate!

me: oh, yup

cop: why don't you have one?

me: well, there is no bracket and i am sure not going to drill a hole in the bumper of this car! :rolleyes:
cop: well, you need to, can i have your license?

me: sure

well I know everyone in town and as the cop was checking my license i am getting phone calls becasue people are driving past me laughing, the cop comes back and gives me the warning

cop: here, could you sign this please?

me: what is this? :rolleyes:

cop: this gives you 15 days to put a plate on here, have it signed and send it to the address on te front, have a good day.

me: wait, if i do not have it signed and sent back will this cost me any points on my drivers license?

cop: NO, but it will cost you 136 bucks if you do not have a plate on there!!

me: is there a maximum number of these fines I can recieve? :P

cop: (confused) no

me: so you are telling me that I can get as many of these fines as I want and nothing besides paying the fine will happen?

cop: well the fines will keep adding up!?!

me: well, then I guess I will keep paying them, thank you :hahaha:

and i took off. it was kind of funny to see the look on his face when i told him that i would just keep paying fines. i am not going to put a front plate on here, i will keep my fingers crossed that they pass a bill that says that you do not need one! no matter where he sits my radar detector should pick him up, if it did today. if i hear it go off i head the other way out of town or back back into my garage and take the truck! what a day

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
i called the clerk of courts when i got to work and she confirmed that it is not a point violation, and there is no number of these fines that would get you in any trouble as long as you pay them on time!

DirtyMax
06-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Run for sherriff and fire his ass someday! :headbang

Breecher_7
06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I dont have a front plate on my truck as I dont like how it looks. BUT if it was put it on or pay a $136 fine every time that dickbag cop (who will be looking for you now) pulls me over, Id probably put it on.

I could be wrong on this, but dont ALL cars have a mounting point for a front plate regardless of how bad it may look? I could have sworn that they have to from the factory.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 02:28 PM
i beleive that the factory mustang one will fit, but still am not going to put it on. i will pay a few waiting for the law to pass that you do not need one.

Flicktitty
06-08-2007, 02:33 PM
thats funny stuff right there! fight the powa lol....

JC70SS
06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Good call on telling him you are just going to keep paying!! I told an Elm grove cop once that I would purchase 10 tickets in advance! He said nothing.

Karps TA
06-08-2007, 02:36 PM
You do realize that cop is going to now be looking for you every 15 days? You're going to be the cities best customer. They might name a street after you

Car Guy
06-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I can't believe what a d*ck that cop was, and people wonder why there is great hatred for law officials :flipoff2: . But seriously, I thought that the state of WI just passed a ruling making front license plates not required. If I remember right there was a thread on it a few weeks back.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 02:40 PM
You do realize that cop is going to now be looking for you every 15 days? You're going to be the cities best customer. They might name a street after you

i realize this, but if need be i will drive my truck to work, that will keep some miles off my car anyway. i figured that to 2 a month at 136 a piece for 6 months equals 1600 a year extra to drive my car:D if i quit smoking over a pack a day that more than pays for the fines :goof good reason to quit smoking besides the whole lung cancer thing:goof

wikked
06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
I thought you can just display it on your dashboard and that's good enough.
No mounting points on my bumper.

My brother had a '99 Eclipse GSX, paid the ticket and had a female cop walk out to his car to see if the plate was attached.
She said "damn, I wouldn't want to put a plate on their either" heh, useless law.

Flicktitty
06-08-2007, 02:44 PM
i realize this, but if need be i will drive my truck to work, that will keep some miles off my car anyway. i figured that to 2 a month at 136 a piece for 6 months equals 1600 a year extra to drive my car:D if i quit smoking over a pack a day that more than pays for the fines :goof good reason to quit smoking besides the whole lung cancer thing:goof

LMAO stop smoking to pay the tickets from your car hahahaah :rolf :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I thought you can just display it on your dashboard and that's good enough.

here is the law, i think that the dash would not be good enough:confused

(3) Any of the following may be required to forfeit not more
than $200:
(a) A person who operates a vehicle for which a current registration
plate, insert tag, decal or other evidence of registration has
been issued without such plate, tag, decal or other evidence of registration
being attached to the vehicle, except when such vehicle
is being operated pursuant to a temporary operation permit or
plate;
(b) A person who operates a vehicle with a registration plate
attached in a non−rigid or non−horizontal manner or in an inconspicuous
place so as to make it difficult to see and read the plate;
(c) A person who operates a vehicle with a registration plate
in an illegible condition due to the accumulation of dirt or other
foreign matter.
History: 1971 c. 278; 1981 c. 150; 1983 a. 258; 1985 a. 29; 1991 a. 239; 1993 a.
64; 1995 a. 128.
This section is applicable to temporary plates under s. 341.09. U.S. v. Dexter, 165
F.3d 1120 (1999).

Yooformula
06-08-2007, 03:01 PM
how about mounting it on the front air dam for the radiator? I know fbodies have a low air dam that I have seen plates mounted onto. I caved in and mounted mine but I do have a plate filler for when the plate is gone.

PonyKiller87
06-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Or just throw the front plate under your seat. When he asks, tell him yeah I just havent gotten around to mounting it yet and show him the plate.

Firefighter Z
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Did the police car have a front plate?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 04:02 PM
i am not sure if it had a front plate, i will look in 15 days when i meet up with him again!

Feature Pony
06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
or just have a friend thats a cop and have him sign it off.

hrsp
06-08-2007, 04:09 PM
i am not sure if it had a front plate, i will look in 15 days when i meet up with him again!

hahaha thats gonna be funny as hell...i AGAIN officer....

Cryptic
06-08-2007, 04:17 PM
rig up something temporary... have your ticket signed-off... remove plate again.

dont pay ticket...

CannotPost
06-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Magnets dude, no holes and easy removal.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Bumper is all plastic, magnets wont stick.

I didnt have a front plate on my Xtreme for like 7 years and maybe got 2 warnings and 1 ticket, it had a filler plate so it was really easy to throw on and save money. The Roush like my Cobra does not have a filler plate or even holes to mount a plate bracket to the bumper. I wouldnt drill holes in my bumper and most wont. If I got a warning I might fab up a bracket to come out of the lower mouth to hold the plate and get the warning signed off on. I dont have $136 to waste to be honest, enough wasted monies in petrol :thumbsup

Roush do you smoke in the Stang ? And yes quit smoking its great not doing it, I understand the enjoyment I loved smoking cigs but once you stop its so nice not worrying about always wanting one :)
I never ever thought I would be able to I took CHANTIX for 8 days and Viola!

07ROUSHSTG3
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM
i am unsure what i want to do. i WILL not permantely mount a plate on the bumper. i will try putting it in the dash and see what happens. i do have a bracket here at work that i can steal off of a traded in ROUSH but i do not feel like even doing that. i will be calling some police officers that i know and ask if they can just sign off for me.

i do not smoke in any of my vehicles or my house. i am the loser standing outside in the rain all the time.

redpony06
06-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear that you got pulled over, I'm just waiting for the day i get pulled over for no front plate or my window tint being to dark. But I pass cops all the time and they watch me drive by and do nothing. Its just a matter of time! LOL

Cjburn
06-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Here's my trick (don't know how it will work for you). Take your plate, hit it several times with a hammer, bend it up a bit, hell fold a corner, make it look like hell. Keep it in your glove box, and IF you ever get pulled over, just tell the cop you had recently got the car back from an accident and had not gotten the plate either replaced or remounted. I had gotten pulled over twice for no plate, and used that excuse twice and never got a warning.

Firefighter Z
06-08-2007, 06:36 PM
3M tape works.

300pny
06-08-2007, 06:40 PM
i live in a small town and usually only see cops when there is an accident. today as soon as i pulled out of my driveway and got to the intersection my radar detector started going off. i did not see any cop so i continued on my way to work. as soon as i turned the corner i saw him on the edge of town facing towards me. i tooled past him and he immediatly turned his flashers on. i pulled over and this is how the conversation went:

cop: do you know why i pulled you over?

me: good morning, no i have no idea :confused

cop: failure to display a front license plate!

me: oh, yup

cop: why don't you have one?

me: well, there is no bracket and i am sure not going to drill a hole in the bumper of this car! :rolleyes:
cop: well, you need to, can i have your license?

me: sure

well I know everyone in town and as the cop was checking my license i am getting phone calls becasue people are driving past me laughing, the cop comes back and gives me the warning

cop: here, could you sign this please?

me: what is this? :rolleyes:

cop: this gives you 15 days to put a plate on here, have it signed and send it to the address on te front, have a good day.

me: wait, if i do not have it signed and sent back will this cost me any points on my drivers license?

cop: NO, but it will cost you 136 bucks if you do not have a plate on there!!

me: is there a maximum number of these fines I can recieve? :P

cop: (confused) no

me: so you are telling me that I can get as many of these fines as I want and nothing besides paying the fine will happen?

cop: well the fines will keep adding up!?!

me: well, then I guess I will keep paying them, thank you :hahaha:

and i took off. it was kind of funny to see the look on his face when i told him that i would just keep paying fines. i am not going to put a front plate on here, i will keep my fingers crossed that they pass a bill that says that you do not need one! no matter where he sits my radar detector should pick him up, if it did today. if i hear it go off i head the other way out of town or back back into my garage and take the truck! what a day

I had the exact same thig happen and this is what ya do to avoid the fine and be legal Take said plate and gently display it on the front of your car. Sign your silly form stating it is properly displayed and drop in the mail. Now as I walked toward the front of my car and oooops it fell off again when I "bumped" it. Now I am out of compliance and will get to it when I have a chance.

300pny
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Here's my trick (don't know how it will work for you). Take your plate, hit it several times with a hammer, bend it up a bit, hell fold a corner, make it look like hell. Keep it in your glove box, and IF you ever get pulled over, just tell the cop you had recently got the car back from an accident and had not gotten the plate either replaced or remounted. I had gotten pulled over twice for no plate, and used that excuse twice and never got a warning.

I tried that too and got warnings anyway so gave up.

Holeshot
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I have never put a front plate on my cars. I have paid about 7 tickets for it. I will not ever drill holes for plate on my GTO

Reverend Cooper
06-08-2007, 10:30 PM
eric i found this on another site scroll down and the guy has pictures of what he did to temp mount it firmly and so he could remove it check it out.
http://www.fnsweet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37806&highlight=license+plate+bracket

flyin_blue_egg
06-08-2007, 10:46 PM
just buy some zip ties and zip tie it on....for like $2 you can save your self getting pulled over...and then when you wanna show the car off at a show or take a few pics...just snip the ties and retie it up later

u_say_go
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
no where does it say HOW that front plate has to be attached to the car, two small quarter sized pieces of velco should hold the plate just fine while a cop signs off on the warning.
way to stand your ground, I wouldnt drill the front of that car either for a stupid plate!

pOrk
06-09-2007, 01:37 AM
Double side tape it to the bumper, then get it signed off and take it off.