PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

michelle
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Anybody have one? I got one a couple weeks ago after trying out my boyfriend's brother's. It's pretty cool! I am not a video game person at all, but this one I actually like.

So anyways, I just hooked it up to the internet (because I found out you could do that) and I have a code now that I guess you give to other people. Again, I have no idea how this technology works, but if anybody wants that friend code thing, let me know and I will send it to you. Maybe you can tell me what's it for then because I have no clue. (:

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 06:49 PM
I hate Wii's for the small fact that I cannot find one, lol.

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 07:07 PM
woooot nevermind. My Wii tracker just helped me out. Right after I posted, I checked it and nothing and then I checked it again and the Sears website was in stock so I ordered it.

T-Bag
06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
I love mine. I've been playin Zelda and Mario party 8 recently

michelle
06-06-2007, 08:05 PM
So what's the 16 digit code for?

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 08:10 PM
its so you can connect with your other friends I believe.

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Here, straight from Wikipedia:

Friend codes

"Friend codes" are generated from an identifier unique to a copy of a game and the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID of a DS system. Using a different copy of a game, or loading the same copy in a different system, generates a different Friend code.[2] In order for users to become "Friends", they must mutually add Friend codes, and will be authenticated as Friends once both have gone online. These measures (mutual Friend code exchange, per-game Friend codes, and the pairing of the Friend code and system) are conscious steps to preserve users' privacy. If a DS game is sold, but not the system, there is no risk of the purchaser impersonating the seller. Similarly, one cannot add a user to their "Friends list" for the sole purpose of antagonizing the user online.

Features enabled by becoming "Friends" can range from simply seeking each other out for online play (Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS), to voice and text chat (Metroid Prime Hunters). Unusually, most of the online features in Animal Crossing: Wild World are disabled unless users are Friends, with some exceptions, primarily due to the potential for vandalism of another user's personalized "Town" in the game.

Friend codes are twelve digits long. Codes for certain games, such as Mario Kart DS and Tetris DS, are six digits followed by another row of six digits, while other games like Animal Crossing' use codes with three groups of four digits separated by hyphens. If a user needs to replace his or her DS system, then the old system's Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection ID can be transferred wirelessly, to maintain the user's original Friend codes on the new machine.

GTSLOW
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I just got Mario Party 8. Its a great game!!

moels
06-06-2007, 08:31 PM
I have a Wii and heard that I can download games for a few bucks. I haven't checked it out yet, are the games decent or not.

Nix
06-06-2007, 08:40 PM
I herd they are old school games from all types of old systems.

Korndogg, where is this Wii tracker you speak of?

moels
06-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info.

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 08:49 PM
www.itrackr.com is for stores around where you live

and

www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php is for online stores

it says sears has more in stock again by the way.

michelle
06-06-2007, 09:06 PM
A Wal-mart Supercenter by my house had 8 in stock when I randomly looked a couple weeks ago. That's why I thought I should pick one up. (:

Larrygto
06-06-2007, 09:19 PM
I just bought one at Target last week and they had a few, So they are around.

Korndogg
06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
yeah they are around but not for long...most stores I talked to said they sell out within an hour of getting them.

hrsp
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I just got Mario Party 8. Its a great game!!

is it as fun as the older ones?

SHY GUY SAYS... FTMFW!!!!!!

281Cubes
06-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm with the OP. I've never been a huge video game person either, but I played some bowling last night for the first time and thought it was pretty slick. Of course, now I want one too. :D

300pny
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
http://www.neo-geo.com/ FTW

GTSLOW
06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
I have a Wii and heard that I can download games for a few bucks. I haven't checked it out yet, are the games decent or not.

Yep!!! I have sonic, mario 64, orignal nes mario, mario kart 64 etc...