PDA

View Full Version : sti questions...

TURTLE
06-06-2007, 10:52 AM
a friend of mine just picked up a WRX STi, and finds out it kinda modded....
wondering what some of the members on here would recomend for it...

oils and fluids?
tuning in the area?(it's running REALLY rich)
basic maintenance to keep up on?(every car has it's quirks, right)

thanks!

johnny--2k
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
depending on mods done, if it has an intake and exhaust, buy a COBB AccessPort 2 and get it tuned by Jorge at P&L in Chicago.

Tell your buddy to go over to www.iwsti.com and sign up on the STi forums. There is a lot of info there.

As for fluids, depends on mileage. It wouldn't hurt to do a flush and fill on tranny and all differentials. Oil, sure why not, no synthetic though in the STi's from what I have heard.

I'm sure someone else will chime in with more info, otherwise IWSTI is a good forum to check out and sign up for.

HP ADDICT
06-06-2007, 04:38 PM
What yr and what is the mileage? What mods are done to the car. I agree with Jorge at P&L. If it has a blow off valve find the seller and pimp slap him then remove said blow off valve.

fireguyrick
06-06-2007, 06:48 PM
If he needs someone to look at it to figure out wtf is on it PM me. But yeah, mods info would be good.

Rick

Deggy
06-07-2007, 09:07 AM
What yr and what is the mileage? What mods are done to the car. I agree with Jorge at P&L. If it has a blow off valve find the seller and pimp slap him then remove said blow off valve.

dont all STi's come with stock BOV's?

HP ADDICT
06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Nope, BPV.

jbiscuit
06-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Oil, sure why not, no synthetic though in the STi's from what I have heard.

I have run Mobil 1 5w30 in mine since 12K and it loves it. Doesn't use a drop. So this info isn't 100% correct.

I'd order up the Accessport Series 2 right away for it...does the car have exhaust mods done to it? Turboback? If so thats a Stage II car and would really benefit from a tune. Resist the urge to put a manual boost controller on the car. Subaru's have really innovative fuel and timing tables that won't play well with a maunal boost controller. Jorge is the man at P&L for sure