PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice vs. Ray Mercer.....

Car Guy
06-05-2007, 08:15 PM
What's the deal with this guy Kimbo Slice, is he for real...??? I've seen some video's of him in 'stand-up' streetfighting and I must say that's one tuff cookie. He's scheduled to fight on June 23rd against Ray Mercer in a MMA cage match.....

Who do you think will win...???

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Yooformula
06-05-2007, 08:41 PM
good luck with that. Yeah Kimbo is one bad dude on the street but the cage with MIXED martial arts is a different story. He has never had a fight on the ground let alone any form of wrestling.

Car Guy
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
good luck with that. Yeah Kimbo is one bad dude on the street but the cage with MIXED martial arts is a different story. He has never had a fight on the ground let alone any form of wrestling.

I never said Kimbo would win, I just said he is one tuff cookie.....

Yooformula
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
I never said Kimbo would win, I just said he is one tuff cookie.....
I didnt say you did. I have heard from other street fight fans that seem to think he can clean house.

Teufelhunden
06-05-2007, 09:08 PM
What's the deal with this guy Kimbo Slice Is this the guy who crushed another guy's eye socket in the backyard fight?

the guy ended up looking like this==>:durr

Car Guy
06-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I didnt say you did. I have heard from other street fight fans that seem to think he can clean house.

It's all good then, I thought the "good luck with that" was aimed at me, but I do agree with you! He is tuff but so was Tank Abbott until he had to go to the ground or go more than 2 minutes and then it was over. Granted Tank Abbott was more of a fat slob so I think Kimbo will do better but still the no true experience in the ring is going to hurt him.....

However, I am not counting Kimbo out.....ya never know..... :confused

Is Mercer that experienced in MMA, I thought he was a boxer...???

hrsp
06-05-2007, 11:59 PM
kimbo is a bad motherfukker on the streets...

in a mma event we will see...can he handle being on the ground???

his conditioning will have to be alot better than in his past "street" fights...

i'm def interested in this fight..

hrsp
06-06-2007, 12:01 AM
it is againts 45 year old mercer....KIMBO WILL KILL HIM!!!!!!!!

boostaddict14
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Yea kimbo is built like a rock over 6 3ish 225+ pounds of muscle

Kimbo got his ass handed to him though by a Boston Police officer trained in MMA named Gannon(the cannon) Gannon took the fight to the ground and made kimbo submit.

But standup fighting against this guy and your S.O.L I have my money on Kimbo

pickardracing
06-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Ray Mercer is/was a boxer.

Kimbo FTW.

Car Guy
06-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I really don't know who to vote for, I want to vote for Mercer but there's the unknown factor with Kimbo. I've seen him fight on the street but there's the chance he might surprise everyone in the cage.......:confused

1QCKGTP
06-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Anymore info on this 'MMA cage match'? Will it be on cable, pay per view, etc.....??? This is something I HAVE to see. A lot of my friends would be interested too, so it could turn into a pretty big bash, no pun intended...

Jeff

boostaddict14
06-06-2007, 01:06 PM
honestly kimbo doesnt stand a chance against anyone with a tough chin and endurance

1QCKGTP
06-06-2007, 01:16 PM
honestly kimbo doesnt stand a chance against anyone with a tough chin and endurance
I don't think there's a chin tough enough to withstand a blow from Kimbo. Furthermore, endurance doesn't keep you from getting knocked out cold, which is what I'll say will happen.......middle of the 2nd round.

Jeff

hrsp
06-06-2007, 01:56 PM
some one post that fight he had where you can here the dude snoring after he is knocked out..i cant find at??? its against a stocky white dude

Yooformula
06-06-2007, 02:08 PM
when kimbo and that "cop" fought in a basement, both were gassed pretty quick and that was without ANY ground or submission attempts. Even T silvia can take a ground round and still have energy left to fight off numerous sub attempts.

1QCKGTP
06-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Anymore info on this 'MMA cage match'? Will it be on cable, pay per view, etc.....??? This is something I HAVE to see. A lot of my friends would be interested too, so it could turn into a pretty big bash, no pun intended...

Jeff

This link answers my initial question in this thread. If anyone else was curious, here it is...

http://www.touchgloves.com/news/2007/03/ray_mercer_vs_kimbo_slice.html

Jeff

Prince Valiant
06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
eh, I voted for mercer, but imo, it's a wash.

With mercer, you never knew what you were getting. Sometimes he came out like an animal, at others he was beat like he was a pushover.

Who knows? How good is he when he goes to the ground. Is he going to try to stand blow for blow against this guy? I tell you one thing...this kimbo looks like he's got freekin' brass inserts under his knuckles!

Definitely a fight worth seeing.

boostaddict14
06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
when kimbo and that "cop" fought in a basement, both were gassed pretty quick and that was without ANY ground or submission attempts. Even T silvia can take a ground round and still have energy left to fight off numerous sub attempts.

yea
i just watched the video again today my bad for what i said before. kimbo's guys came in and started making rules in a streetfight........ they were triyng to protect his ass

Anakonda69
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
every video i've seen of kimbo he rocked the guys...not sure who was a credible opponent but he can fight...would be cool to watch

Car Guy
06-24-2007, 02:48 AM
KIMBO WINS...!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7443456762261661179&q=kimbo+mercer&total=77&start=30&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

Well I'm glad I voted for Kimbo :shades.....

I must say I think he deserves a little more credit than most people were giving him. I know Mercer looked like a punching bag [and how!] but Kimbo's size and power is quite impressive. He looks like he's in incredible shape and is a LOT more flexible and better on the ground than I ever would have thought. I don't know about everyone else but I think he'll be able to hold his own against some of the better fighters out there......

Here is something I found also on what transpired after the fight.....

Kimbo Slice VS Ray Mercer
Heavyweight Exhibition

Crowd chants for Kimbo. Mercer comes out to "Momma Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J. Mixed cheers and boos for Mercer but most people want to see Kimbo. Kimbo comes out to "This Is Why I'm Hot", clearly showing Melvin Guillard's cultural influence. Everyone is on their feet. Cheers drown out boos when Mercer is announced, but the crowd is erupting for Kimbo. They only announce him as "Kimbo" without the Slice. What happened? They jaw a bit during the standoff, crowd is on fire.

Round 1

Kimbo charges in, goes right for a takedown. Mercer grabs the cage but he goes down. Mercer up, they fight in the clinch. Big knees by Kimbo land. Mercer strikes but Kimbo answers with a combo and gets a double leg. Kimbo fighting, gets Mercer in to a choke. Mercer taps. Kimbo Slice wins by guillotine choke submission in round 1.

Crowd chants for Kimbo, it really looks like Mercer didn't train properly for this at all. Kimbo seems to need work himself but the important thing is he got rid of his pride and went with what worked. Hardly a technical showcase, but hell, it was only an exhibition. Kimbo sits on the cage, raising his arms in victory. Tank Abbott is up now, approaching the ring. He congratulates Kimbo. Tank looks like he's calling Kimbo out, points at him but they're being respectful. That's surprising. Kimbo calls out to the crowd, says he was training for MMA. He calls Tank out, says they have to talk and make the fight happen. They are starting to get aggressive, the crowd loves it and calls for Tank to jump the cage. Tank looks like he's going to do it. CFFC suits say the fight will happen.

So Tank Abbot vs. Kimbo...??? I have a million $$$ on Kimbo, I honestly can't believe Tank wants to fight him.....

boostaddict14
06-24-2007, 03:19 AM
hahah good for kmbo but tank is one tough SOB

Yooformula
06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
nice! I liked the submission but I gotta see him fight a real mma fighter before I am sold. He did a good job and looked VERY good compared to the old Kimbo.

Lash
06-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Bah...they both looked like PURE amateurs to me. Ray was just in it for the money.

Yooformula
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Bah...they both looked like PURE amateurs to me. Ray was just in it for the money.

XX2

stowsea
06-25-2007, 08:53 AM
kimbo ftw
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kimbo%2Bmercer/video/x2d1cg_kimbo-vs-ray-mercer

Car Guy
06-25-2007, 11:28 AM
What was wrong with the link that I posted, my link not good enough for you...??? :goof

stowsea
06-25-2007, 02:08 PM
woops didnt see it haha

Car Guy
06-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Just giving ya sh*t, it's all good.....:thumbsup

whitehatch
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
he still wouldnt stand a chance in the ufc, if you ask me

Anakonda69
06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
tank abbott has no stamina thats his problem...haymakers for like 3 minutes then he's done...if he connects look out if not he would be an easy target for kimbo...i love tank but i say kimbo would kick his ass...lol

Car Guy
06-27-2007, 11:31 AM
he still wouldnt stand a chance in the ufc, if you ask me

I'm not sure I agree with you, I don't think he'd dominate but he'll definately stand a chance just because of his pure strength and size. Also, depending on who he's training with he might turn out to be a pretty good ground fighter, he's quite flexible for his size and seems to learn quickly.....

tank abbott has no stamina thats his problem...haymakers for like 3 minutes then he's done...if he connects look out if not he would be an easy target for kimbo...i love tank but i say kimbo would kick his ass...lol

That's why my money is on Kimbo, all Kimbo has to do is avoid the barrage of punches for a couple of minutes and he'll have his way with him.....

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I dont think that Abbotts punches would hurt Kimbo as much as some people think.

What I saw in that fight was an extremely aggressive and powerful (albeit very un-polished) fighter against a fat slow lard-ass.

This guy keeps training... Look out. He's a monster.

Car Guy
06-27-2007, 10:08 PM
I dont think that Abbotts punches would hurt Kimbo as much as some people think.

What I saw in that fight was an extremely aggressive and powerful (albeit very un-polished) fighter against a fat slow lard-ass.

This guy keeps training... Look out. He's a monster.

I was thinking the same thing, mainly because I saw Kimbo take some punishment in a street fight with some other 'not so small' dude. Kimbo just stood there with his hands down yelling at this guy while he nailed Kimbo right in the face a few times. He didn't even flinch and then went on to kick the sh*t out of the guy, the guy was no Tank Abbott but a hard punch from a 'big dude' is nothing to sneez at.....

pickardracing
06-27-2007, 10:40 PM
It's not like Kimbo is a small guy either. I still think that you get him in the ring with an equal sized MMA'er with actual skills, unlike Mercer, it would be a good fight rather than a pushover like Mercer or some of these other assholes.