PDA

View Full Version : Second Event - June 15, 2007 Meet & Greet Cruise To Gurnee, IL

JMG853
06-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Hello everyone -

Seems like our May 12, 2007 Project Two Customs Show just happened and it is close to a month after... As many of you know, the Friday, June 15, 2007 Meet & Greet Cruise to Gurnee, IL Car Show is coming up. With this in mind, I am currently taking roll call for who is going to be participating.

Please note that I need to know if you will be meeting me at the College Avenue Park & Ride (Southwest Lot) or will be meeting us at Gurnee, IL.

I will be parked at the entrance of the College Avenue Park & Ride (Southwest) to check everyone in at this event (If you are participating in the cruise). This way, I can meet everyone as well, which I did not get a chance to do at the first event. I will need everyone at the Park & Ride lot by 6:45 PM, as we will depart right at 6:50 PM to get to the show. (If I do not know you are coming, I can not wait for you if you are late). I will be at the College Avenue Park & Ride lot at 5:30 PM so if you want to come early and talk to guys at the lot, please do so. I will work with Andy at Project Two Customs to get College Avenue blocked off by the Police department so we can all put on the freeway together and follow each other to the show.

Please respond to this email (jmg853@gmail.com) with the following information (1) If you will be participating so I can mark you down on the check list, and (2) where you will be meeting us (College Avenue Park & Ride, or Gurnee, IL). The goal is to get as many guys on the cruise to Gurnee, IL as possible. I think we should be able to get well over 100 cars on the cruise. Hopefully, with your participation, we can get 200 on the cruise. It is going to be fun.

Obviously the weather has to be good for this event and I will be sending a few emails like I did the first event to let everyone know about the forecast. More to come as we approach this date.

If you would like to be added to the distribution list, please send me an email to jmg853@gmail.com with the make/model/year of your car (As well as city in WI)

Special Thanks to:
Optima Batteries - http://www.optimabatteries.com/publ...fig/splash.html
HP Performance Corvettes - http://www.hpperformancecorvettes.com/index.html
Project Two Customs - http://www.projecttwocustoms.com/
Bella Home Med & Rehab - www.bellahomemed.com
Regards,
JG853

Upcoming Events (After the June 15, 2007 Meet & Greet Cruise To The Gurnee Car Show)
(2) August 2007 - Generac Power Weekend - Road America Champ Car Race
Depending on what the group wants to do, we will either attend the Generac 500 / American Le Mans series race Saturday or the Generac Champ Car Grand Prix Sunday. We can decided during the June 15, 2007 Meet & Greet what date we all would like to go. The meeting spot will be the Milwaukee County Park & Ride Lot - http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel...e/d2/pr4030.htm (Lot 40 - 30) again, and will follow each other to Road America and all park together. For those individuals that live closer to the track , we will determine a spot a location that we will meet you at near the track so we can all pull in and park together.

(3) September 2007
- Fall Cruise - September 2007 - Start at HP Performance Corvettes, then cruise back to Kelly's Bleachers II (Racine, WI) for an late lunch / early dinner (About 3:00 PM). Date and details to follow.
2007 Car Show Dates
(1) Sunday, June 17, 2007 - Corvette & Chevy Powered Street Rods Show - www.northshorecorvetteclub.org.

Car Guy
06-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Sounds like this could be fun, I just have a few ?'s..........

-What kind of show is this as far as what's allowed...?

-The actual show is Friday night...?

-Is this a weekly show or annual...?

-Where in Gurnee is it being held...?

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

JMG853
06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
See below

Sounds like this could be fun, I just have a few ?'s..........

-What kind of show is this as far as what's allowed...? They have a good mix or newer and older cars. What do you want to bring?

-The actual show is Friday night...? - Correct

-Is this a weekly show or annual...? - Weekly in Gurnee, IL. If the weather is nice, the place will have well over 200 cars not including us there.

-Where in Gurnee is it being held...? Right at Gurnee Mills.

Car Guy
06-05-2007, 10:40 AM
I was just going to say "count me in" because this is the show my father has gone to a few times and he said it's really nice. HOWEVER, I just remembered that we have BCM softball friday nights so that pretty much kills it.....:fire

What time does the show go to usually...???

pOrk
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
I would like to ride down on the bike with you guys and check the show out, hopefully the weather makes nice.

JMG853
06-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Anyone else interested?

JMG853
06-12-2007, 06:39 AM
Hello BCM Members -

Per my message above, I have listed what I sent out to everyone yesterday. It would be great to get more of you involved. Anyone else interested? I believe you will enjoy this as it is a lot of fun.

The weather is looking good for our second event, the June 15, 2007 Meet & Greet Cruise to Gurnee, IL Car Show.

Currently, we have 100 cars on the cruise, meeting at three different spots (Listed directly below). Please review the information I have and make sure that I have the correct meeting spot listed for you. If you have not responded or do not see your name on the list, please let me know if you are coming and what location you will be meeting us at by replying to jmg853@gmail.com.

College Avenue Park & Ride Lot - Southwest
As you know, I will be at the College Avenue Park & Ride (Southwest Lot) at 5:30 PM. If you have chosen to meet us at the College Avenue Park & Ride lot, please be there by 6:30 PM. I will be right at the entrance of the Park & Ride to meet everyone and hand you a sheet with the directions. We will follow each other to Kenosha (Buffalo Wild Wings) and then to Gurnee, IL Car Show.

Kenosha - Buffalo Wind Wings
We will be at the Kenosha Buffalo Wild Wings meeting point at 7:15 PM (Give or take five minutes). The address again for this meeting point is

Buffalo Wild Wings
7127 120th Avenue
Kenosha, WI 53144

Please be at this meeting spot at 7:00 PM and you can meet up with a number of others who will also be meeting us there. Once all of us who are meeting at College Avenue get to the Buffalo Wild Wings, I will quickly hand out to each of you at Kenosha the sheet of paper with directions to Gurnee, IL Car Show as well. Then, Kelley W. will lead the pack and we will take I94 and exit of HWY 41 and take HWY 41 to Gurnee, IL to avoid construction and tolls.

Chicago Area
If you would like to cruise together to the Gurnee, IL show, please email Fred T as he is putting together the logistics of the Chicago caravan to Gurnee. Fred can be reached at ftevolution666@aol.com.

Gurnee Car Show
We will arrive at the Gurnee, IL Car Show at approximately 7:40 PM. We will meet at the Circuit City lot right behind McDonald's and Z06 Bob will be there with his beautiful black Corvette Z06. Just park right behind the McDonald's Parking lot and in the Circuit City parking lot (Look for Bob and his Black C5 LG Motorsports Corvette Z06).

I will send a final confirmation on Thursday, June 14, 2007 to verify that the weather is going to be good and also confirm everyone's participation. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I hope even more of you decide to participate. It is going to be a lot of fun.

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Regards,
JG853

June 15, 2007 - Meet & Greet Cruise to Gurnee, IL - Participants

First Last Automobile Make Automobile Model Year 6/15/2007 - Gurnee, IL Location
Paul C Acura NSX - Sebring Silver 1991 Yes College Avenue
John H Acura TL 6MT 2005 Yes College Avenue
Steve M Audi TT Yes College Avenue
Billy C BMW 525 2003 Yes College Avenue
Chris M BMW 325is Turbo Yes College Avenue
Corey G BMW 328i 2000 Yes College Avenue
Raico P BMW 528I 1997 Yes College Avenue
Dan M BMW 540 Dinan Yes College Avenue
Jeff M BMW M3 1998 Yes College Avenue
Bill Z BMW M3 Coupe Yes College Avenue
Jared M BMW Z4 - M Series 2007 Yes College Avenue
Tim M BMW Z4 M Roadster 2006 Yes Gurnee
eMphatic BMW, Dodge M3, Viper GTS 2006, 1997 Yes Gurnee
Adam U BWM 535i - Dinan Chip Yes College Avenue
Jim H Cadallic CTS-V 2005 Yes Gurnee
Mike S Cadillac CTS-V 2005 Yes Kenosha
Gregg B Cadillac CTS-V Yes College Avenue
Brian C Cadillac CTS-V - Big 3 Performance 2004 Yes College Avenue
Gina M Cadillac CTS-V - Dynatech Engineering 2005 Yes College Avenue
Dan M Cadillac CTS-V - Lingenfelter 2004 Yes College Avenue
Larry B Cadillac STS-V, XLR-V 2006, 2006 Yes Gurnee
Jeff V Chevrolet Camaro 1967 Yes College Avenue
Dave S Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1996 Yes Kenosha
Chad M Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1999 Yes College Avenue
Josh N Chevrolet Camaro Z28 1999 Yes College Avenue
Mike Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2000 Yes College Avenue
Jason O Chevrolet Camaro Z28 2001 Yes Gurnee
Greg T Chevrolet Chevelle 1970 Yes College Avenue
Rob G Chevrolet Corvette 1969 Yes College Avenue
Dave Chevrolet Corvette 2006 Yes Gurnee
Bizaro Chevrolet Corvette Yes College Avenue
Scott C Chevrolet Corvette Yes Gurnee
Craig H Chevrolet Corvette - HP Performance 2000 Yes Gurnee
Matt T Chevrolet Corvette 383 1990 Yes Gurnee
Dave C Chevrolet Corvette AFR Z06 2002 Yes College Avenue
Russ S Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 2004 Yes Gurnee
Marcos V Chevrolet Corvette Convertible - Project Two Customs Supercharged 2006 Yes College Avenue
Terry B Chevrolet Corvette Coupe 1993 Yes College Avenue
Joel G Chevrolet Corvette GS 1996 Yes College Avenue
Theo M Chevrolet Corvette LG Z06 2001 Yes College Avenue
Tony S Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2001 Yes College Avenue
Ricky H Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2001 Yes College Avenue
Phil M Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2003 Yes Kenosha
Cash M Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Dynatech Engineering 2004 Yes College Avenue
Bob P Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - LG Motorsports 2003 Yes Gurnee
Mike S Chevrolet Z28 1995 Yes College Avenue
Brian D Corvette Coupe 2007 Yes Kenosha
Steve P Dodge Viper GTS 1996 Yes College Avenue
Greg Dodge Viper R10 2001 Yes Chicago
Dave Ferrari 348 Yes College Avenue
Wil R Ferrari 355 Coupe 1996 Yes College Avenue
Andy S Ferrari 360 Modena 1999 Yes College Avenue
Rick A Ferrari 360 Modena Spider 2004 Yes College Avenue
Tony D Ford Ford GT 2006 Yes College Avenue
Michael F Ford Ford GT 2006 Yes College Avenue
Tim M Ford Mustang - Roush 427R Yes Gurnee
Greg R Ford Mustang - Roush Stage 3 Performance 2001 Yes College Avenue
Eric Ford Mustang Cobra 2003 Yes College Avenue
Doug R Ford Mustang Cobra 2003 Yes College Avenue
Mike P Ford Mustang GT 1991 Yes College Avenue
Bryan V Ford Mustang GT - 67 mm turbo 2006 Yes College Avenue
Dave Ford Mustang Mach 1 2003 Yes College Avenue
Kelley W Ford Mustang Mach I 2003 Yes College Avenue
Dave W Ford Mustang SVO, Lightning 1984, 2003 Yes College Avenue
Adam R GMC Syclone 1991 Yes College Avenue
Sachin S Honda Yes College Avenue
Corey K Lotus Elise 2005 Yes College Avenue
John G Lotus Elise 2006 Yes College Avenue
Larry S Mercedes Benz CL 55 AMG 2001 Yes College Avenue
Ronald A Mitsubishi EVO Yes Gurnee
Fred T Mitsubishi EVO IX 2004 Yes Gurnee
Keith P Nissan 300 ZX 1986 Yes Gurnee
Grant B Nissan 350 Z 2003 Yes College Avenue
LeShawn B Nissan 350Z 2006 Yes College Avenue
Greg W Nissan Armada - Stillen 2004 Yes College Avenue
Mike Pontiac Firebird Convertible 1988 Yes College Avenue
Lekan O Pontiac Firebird Formula - Supercharged Yes College Avenue
Ryan N Pontiac GTO 2004 Yes College Avenue
Jeromy N Pontiac GTO 2004 Yes College Avenue
Kris Pontiac GTO 2004 Yes College Avenue
Ken P Pontiac GTO 2005 Yes College Avenue
Staci J Pontiac GTO 2006 Yes College Avenue
Ryan Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk 2002 Yes College Avenue
Jesse Pontiac Trans AM WS6 Yes Gurnee
John S Porsche 911 TT 2007 Yes College Avenue
Mike L Subaru WRX Sti 2006 Yes College Avenue
Ronald A Subaru WRX Sti Yes College Avenue
Michael I Subraru WRX Sti Limited 2007 Yes College Avenue
Dave Toyota Supra TT 1997 Yes College Avenue
Marc S Toyota Supra Turbo 1987 Yes College Avenue
Reid Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 1994 Yes Gurnee
Brian Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 1995 Yes Gurnee

nismodave
06-12-2007, 07:45 AM
I should be able to make it.....Unfortunatly just in my Mazda.

Car Guy
06-12-2007, 12:41 PM
What time does the show usually go to...???

JMG853
06-12-2007, 01:45 PM
9:00 Pm - 9:30 Pm

DBeck
06-14-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm up on that list, can't wait.