PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here happy with their bank??

nismodave
06-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Im done with Mid America bank....formerly St. Francis Bank.

I want to hear from people that are happy with their bank.

No Horror stories........No rants........Otherwise this thread will de-rail.

I guess if I get no responses, I will flip a coin.:rolf

88Nightmare
06-04-2007, 10:34 PM
yes dave, good thread. mid america sucks fo sho! i need to get out of there asap, so im anxious to hear some responses

300pny
06-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Gurantee is ok for personal!!!! what are you looking for? Small buisness and all around good online ect... USBANK rocks!!

moels
06-04-2007, 11:01 PM
I don't have any complaints with my local bank. i do all of my stuff online. Not sure what you are upset about. Be more specific?

nismodave
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't have any complaints with my local bank. i do all of my stuff online. Not sure what you are upset about. Be more specific?

Lousy hours, Atm fees, Charged me for checks(I have so called totally free checking).........And the worst part is they are on a NEW Visa Interlink system.
I cant use 85 percent of the ATMs I have tried in the last 2 weeks.

They actually told me I should call Mid America, and tell them where it hasent worked, then they will contact the Vendor of the ATM!!! Its not the vendors fault they are on this new BS syatem!!

Like I have time for that BS!!!:chair:

Rocket Power
06-04-2007, 11:23 PM

Hmmm I haven't had any problems with them. I do have a branch like 6 blocks away though, so it's usually easy for me to get there

Park Bank (if they're even still around, is another story)

hrsp
06-04-2007, 11:30 PM
i had em for awhile no real issues with them...

alot of people i know use the bank thats inside of pick n save? cant think of the name..but they seem to have the best hours and what not may want to check em out

Yooformula
06-05-2007, 12:08 AM
back on topic. I left TCF and went to Landmark and I couldnt be happier! True not as many branches and they arent open 7 days a week but I get great service and they are easy to work out loans with and they QUICKLY handled a fraud issue that didnt require me hanving to give blood or wait 3 months.

A B4C Z
06-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Im with M&I bank. I have nothing bad to say. They are friendly and the 2 i use theres at least one hottie at each. Hour wise there open till 6 on friday which gives me enough time to get there. There also open saturday till 12 if i couldnt make it friday. Ask for checking and such. I think i have to pay 20 bucks a year cause i have one of those checking cards. But everything is online easy to use I cant complain i like it. I never have had another bank to compare it to either. As for the ATM stuff they have differnt levels and if you get charged an ATM fee you just bring the recipet in and they refund the money.

theavenger333
06-05-2007, 01:10 AM
i currently am a customer of 4 banking institutions, Guardian Credit Union, North Shore Bank, Prime Financial Credit Union, and Wells Fargo. breakdown:
Guardian: great loan rates, horrible service, hidden fees, terrible checking
North Shore: average, had my checking through them for 9 years now. nothing special, but they're pretty fair.
Prime Financial: great so far with a loan
Wells Fargo(school loans): absolutly amazing, but i dunno about checking or anything

SlowStee
06-05-2007, 01:18 AM
I used to dislike bankone A LOT...

maybe theres no difference with it, but now that they're Chase, I really dont have any complaints with them.

Al
06-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Tri City is what I use.

They have 40-some locations, half of these are in picknsave and are open till 8 every day.

I have never been charged for anything related to checking other than what is beyond the $1.50 ATM fee which they cover at other ATMs.

UnderPSI
06-05-2007, 01:56 AM
:thumbsup US Bank. Never had a problem.

Breecher_7
06-05-2007, 04:59 AM
Agreed, us bank is the only bank ive never had problems with

SLOWC5
06-05-2007, 07:24 AM
I've used Associated Bank for 10 years with no issue. I have direct deposit so I dont need to go to the bank much. Easy online banking.

JEFF

Mudd Runner
06-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Landmark credit union ftw

Waver
06-05-2007, 07:40 AM
I use TCF...other than a 10 buck charge for checks (wich gets off set by any old checks/cards from other banks that you turn in to them) they have been really good to me

Myles
06-05-2007, 07:45 AM
now i know why my card doesnt work at random ATMs.....

DirtyMax
06-05-2007, 08:14 AM
I have used Associated for the past 13 years with no problems and recently opened an account at Bank Mutual as well. I just recently opened a Bank Mutual account because of where the locations are because of the fact that I need to physically go to the bank often to deposit some checks. Both banks work fine for what I use them for...

PureSound15
06-05-2007, 08:20 AM
back on topic. I left TCF and went to Landmark and I couldnt be happier! True not as many branches and they arent open 7 days a week but I get great service and they are easy to work out loans with and they QUICKLY handled a fraud issue that didnt require me hanving to give blood or wait 3 months.

I have landmark as well and love it, easy to do everything online too!

Cryptic
06-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I use TCF purely for their convenience. Are they the best bank? probably not, but for me, convenience is most important.

good locations for me, so I rarely need to use a non tcf bank atm
Premier Checking (I get interest on my checking account)
Hours are probably the best of any bank. It's so nice to be able to get stuff done outside of normal business hours and on the weekend.

I did have an issue with them not instantly cashing a cashier's check from Chase, which I found ridiculous.

Neal Steffek
06-05-2007, 08:47 AM
I started using M&I when I was 13. (I am now 32). I left them about two years ago becasue I was just so fed up with all the fee's for damn near anything and everyting I wanted to do. There were times when my fee's were more then my transaction.

I switched to Waukesha State Bank. I get no fee's what so ever and everytime I walk in I am in and out right away. I know they don't have a lot of locations but I just love the no fee's for anything deal.

Crawlin
06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
I hated Landmark

They were ok for loans and if you wanted to take your loan payment INTO the bank. But they wouldn't set me up with an online access unless I moved EVERYTHING from my Educator's Credit Union to them. Hell no I'm not gonna do that. They wouldn't even allow me to set up my online access to pay their credit card. So **** them

I'll stick with Educator's only because they are alot more fair in my opinion. The rates are the same if not better. If I needed something(like when i decided I wanted to buy the motorcycle I had) I called up at 2 a.m. and by the next morning when they got in, i had the money in my account. Never even had to stop in the bank.

johnny--2k
06-05-2007, 09:47 AM
US Bank FTW!!!!

I had some fraud issues through paypal. The bank called me at home (talked to my dad since I was out) and he gave them my cell phone number. Asked me a few questions, said OK. We will put the money back into your account and go after the suspects ourselves. Nothing to worry about, had my money within a day of the fraudulent charges on the acct.

Open normal bank hours, but the drive through opens 1 hour earlier and closes 1 hour later than the walk-in which is nice. My checks are free, all online banking is free, and you can have some accounts with a 0 balance if you so choose. My savings account is always available to go to 0 balance if I buy something, and it can stay that way if I want it to.

Automatic transfers from savings to checking or vice versa online as well. I transfer money from checking to savings twice a month automatically.....

xxsn0blindxx
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I use TCF purely for their convenience. Are they the best bank? probably not, but for me, convenience is most important.

good locations for me, so I rarely need to use a non tcf bank atm
Premier Checking (I get interest on my checking account)
Hours are probably the best of any bank. It's so nice to be able to get stuff done outside of normal business hours and on the weekend.

I did have an issue with them not instantly cashing a cashier's check from Chase, which I found ridiculous.

Another one for TCF. I have never had a problem with them in the 9+ years I've used them. They have awesome hours, open until 7 mon-thurs and 8 on friday, plus they're open saturday and sunday.

My fiance' has US bank and they seem to be pretty good too.

GRAMPS SS
06-05-2007, 11:09 AM
well dave with all our cash flow , we have 2 banks...the wife and i use M&I in the falls on appleton ave for our checking and savings and cd's....i use Guaranty Bank on countyline road by you for my business banking....haven't had a bit of problems with either of them...been with M&I for 28 years or so and Guaranty Bank for 13 years.....

wikked
06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Another vote for Associated Bank, years of flawless service.

Thumbs way down for U.S. Bank... I once was short 3ยข in my account - and they absolutely refused to waive the $29 overdraft fee.
Nail in the coffin there.

Deggy
06-05-2007, 02:32 PM

i got mid-america too....never really had a problem with them...but then again, im broke half the time and have like the minimum balance in there...haha :banana1:

michelle
06-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I use Guaranty Bank right now. It's so convenient with their locations being open 7-days a week, plus they are often in a grocery store - so I kind of kill two birds with on stone on that one.

Plus the online banking is easy to understand and use.

I have a student account, so I don't have to worry about minimum balance either if I ever had a major problem too.

But great question, as I have thought about looking around since there isn't one in Whitewater (but there is one in the town I work at, so even that isn't a big deal).

Silver350
06-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I have USBank right now. I dont have any complaints but I dont have any compliments either

LIL EVO
06-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Been using Associated Bank for 9 years, no real problems I guess.

I also have Tri City, which is decent.

Finally, I have an ING direct savings account (5% APR) and an Electric Orange online Checking account (2-3% APR? I think?) You also have an extended line of credit, "overdraft protection", which you can just use and pay 10% interest or something. So there's no real way to overdraft with that account.

SouthSide1
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
use to have mid amer left to many fees and shady shit when they changed so i went to gaurranty no bitches yet

MurphysLaw88GT
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
This is Kevin's girlfriend talking...

Ok here is the 411 on Landmark....

$5 to open a savings account
$35 for checking, no minimum required after that-you do have to buy your first box of checks with Landmark ($13.75) after that you can go anyplace else to order them, we do this to ensure that the correct routing # and acct # are given on the checks.

Landmark has 3 branches that are open 7 days a week, we are opening one in Germantown and one in Racine shortly. Most of the other brances are open late Thurs and Fri. You can use all of our ATM for free and most any other credit union with out being charged a service fee. Landmark will not charge you when you use someone else's ATM machine

That’s the basics...any questions just ask. I would be happy to answer any questions.

Yooformula
06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
what 3 branches are open 7days????

MurphysLaw88GT
06-05-2007, 05:29 PM
We have branches inside Wal-Mart, one in Watertown, one on 60th and Capitol near Capitol Court

There is a free standing branch on 27th and Howard that is also open 7 days a week.

I am assuming the new ones will be open 7 days a week too, but I dont know for sure yet.

boostaddict14
06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I have M & I and I love it

online banking and transactions, check card, atm everything is convienient and available all the time

tgabe213
06-06-2007, 07:03 AM
So why were my posts deleted? 2 of them? The guy asked for any info on a bank and that's what I gave. I just so happen to work for one.

lilws6
06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I am suprised i haven't seen anyone with my bank yet lol I have The Equitable Bank and have not had a problem with them. i can go down to zero balance in both of my accounts and i get one box of chekcs free and have to pay after but i never right checks cuz i have the card so i'm still on the first checks yet. you can go to there website and check them out i'm pretty shure there open 6 days and till 6 on friday's 12 on sat. i think.

Yooformula
06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
So why were my posts deleted? 2 of them? The guy asked for any info on a bank and that's what I gave. I just so happen to work for one.

sorry but you must not have hit submit. there are no deleted posts in this thread.

300pny
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM

which one do you work for?

tgabe213
06-07-2007, 07:09 AM
I know I hit submit, because I submit my post, read it, but then didn't find the option to edit so I entered another message.

They were quick replys too, so I know I didn't hit 'go advanced.'

I work for Tri City.

Poncho
06-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Hartford Savings Bank Sucks.

West Bend Savings Bank FTW