PDA

View Full Version : Mainly for pork lol

lilws6
06-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Well i've been thinking about putting LED's on my bike for a while and i ordered 1000 single LED's to wire up and i finally got around to making one art to see how i like it. well our good camera has a dead battery and someone lost the charger so i snapped some pics with the crappy back up camera. I do plan on doing more of them just need a few ideas where. I'm thinkin side vents and some where up front yet. These pics are of the only little block i made yesterday. Its only a total of 16 LED's in the back there and there bright as hell. This is mainly for pork since he is the light master:banana but i'de like comments from others as well. Again i appologize for the crappy pics at the moment.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/PIC00144.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/PIC00143.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/PIC00142.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/PIC00141.jpg

300pny
06-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Dude thats annoying as hell!!!!!!!!! WHICH IN TURN MAKES AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

pOrk
06-05-2007, 02:16 AM
I saw that bike for sale on craigslist, hated the paint job though. The pipe is bad ass, what did you do to install / mount the leds? Annoying pictures, looks bright though. You gonna be out riding on wednesday Donny?

Breecher_7
06-05-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree, I hate the paint. Its really F'n gaudy.... You want some race fairings for it? I can get them cheap, it will improve its looks!!!!

lilws6
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
i made the light with a circuit board and have a small 4" ziptie through the board to hold it up in the little resest area in the undertail. Wed. i work 12-8 but if the weather is good me and the guy form work with his buell are gana head up to RIDE they have a street bike night wednesday's gana head up there and buy a helmet that fits my bike better as well. As for the paint i'm going to leave it alone the only thing i'm going to touch any time soon is the front headlight needs to be replaced and the devil to dissapear so i can have both high and low beams not just one. Also one question do you guys know where i can get fairing bolts. the bolts holding on the fairings now are backing out and the ones that have i cannot get to go back in due to they are too short and i don't want to press extremly hard to get them to go in.

Cutlass Queen
06-06-2007, 12:21 AM
i made the light with a circuit board and have a small 4" ziptie through the board to hold it up in the little resest area in the undertail. Wed. i work 12-8 but if the weather is good me and the guy form work with his buell are gana head up to RIDE they have a street bike night wednesday's gana head up there and buy a helmet that fits my bike better as well. As for the paint i'm going to leave it alone the only thing i'm going to touch any time soon is the front headlight needs to be replaced and the devil to dissapear so i can have both high and low beams not just one. Also one question do you guys know where i can get fairing bolts. the bolts holding on the fairings now are backing out and the ones that have i cannot get to go back in due to they are too short and i don't want to press extremly hard to get them to go in.

I got all my parts from oem finders on sportland 2 website and/or even bikebandit.com when I was rebuilding mine. See if you can find the fairing bolts there, you should be able to though.

You may have mentioned this and I may have missed it, but do you have your led's wired up to a switch? I've got some led's to throw on mine, but havent gotten the switch for them yet.

imo, i think the led's look nice on the bike just are a really bright color...on a good note though, is atleast your visible enough so no retard drivers can't see ya:thumbsup:rolf:rolf:rolf

pOrk
06-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Take the leds off the bike and cover them in some type of clear silicone to waterproof them. The moment water hits, they will be dead.

I get all my misc parts from ronayers.com

lilws6
06-06-2007, 08:36 AM
or forgot about that they are coated that was the first thing i thought about while doing them. and yup there through a switch on the side that a guy had on there witch i had to replace its in a bad spot but i don't mind it

pOrk
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I got all my parts from oem finders on sportland 2 website and/or even bikebandit.com when I was rebuilding mine. See if you can find the fairing bolts there, you should be able to though.

You may have mentioned this and I may have missed it, but do you have your led's wired up to a switch? I've got some led's to throw on mine, but havent gotten the switch for them yet.

imo, i think the led's look nice on the bike just are a really bright color...on a good note though, is atleast your visible enough so no retard drivers can't see ya:thumbsup:rolf:rolf:rolf

I've got a few round rocker switches laying around if you want one of those

Breecher_7
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I dump those D208 tires as well......

Deathtraps......

Cutlass Queen
06-06-2007, 11:44 AM
I've got a few round rocker switches laying around if you want one of those

Yah hook me up pork! I need to get these on the bike, but it's ridable now:thumbsup Put 200 miles on in 2 days already :banana1:

lilws6
06-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I've got the other led's all mad now just trying to figure out where i want to put them:rolleyes:

pOrk
06-07-2007, 01:47 AM
I'll throw one in the bike and one in the truck for when I see you at Culvers, otherwise just give me a ring when your in west allis and I'll meet up with yah

RanJer
06-07-2007, 01:56 AM
I dump those D208 tires as well......

Deathtraps......

I never had a problem with em on my R6?

still recommend metzler m1's or pirelli diablos (same tire) I LOVED those tires...

pOrk
06-07-2007, 02:20 AM
^ Then you weren't leaning on them, 208's are crap

lilws6
06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
figure i'll run em out this season and burn em up and get a new pair. I'm also thinking about making a lexan under tail so you think the lexan would protect the led's if i put them on top? lexan is really strong and clear :)

pOrk
06-08-2007, 01:39 AM
^ Yup, if you form fit it, it'll look real bad ass ;)