PDA

View Full Version : Roush Hail/dyno Days At Evs In Lomira!

07ROUSHSTG3
06-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to start a thread thanking the guys that made it out over the weekend:thumbsup The weather was not very nice but a few showed up. I had to start another thread because somehow the original one ended up in a different forum:confused

anyway we had a strong showing for the DYNO, I expected it to be a draw, but others at the dealership were very shocked. We dynoed 44 cars over the course of the weekend. There were some big ones and small ones. Nice to see a C&M tuned car take the High Horsepower trophy, even if it said SALEEN on the windshield. The guys that brought the 1700 horsepower Drag car really had the crowd going, and had me a little nervous:wooo JUDGETHIS had a nice showing on the DYNO, shocked everyone:thumbsup MOELS (i think) ran out of funny gas:goof and WAYNE had quite a few offers from the ROUSH team to purchase his car:goof The dealership is in talks to get it back this year yet, and I am in talks with ROUSH to personally buy the thing:thumbsup Thanks again and look forward to meeting some of you again:headbang

moels
06-04-2007, 11:03 AM
It was a good time while we were there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate if you do it again.

BraemerZ28
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Eric,
Wanted to say thanks for setting up a well run event. My friends and I had a great time on Saturday morning. Sounds like some big iron showed up on Sunday. Since I already had my numbers from Saturday, I didn't chance the storms.

If you get it back later this year I'll be over for sure. We'll see how much the heads, intake, and cam can add to the 346 hp I've got now.

Thanks again,
Scott

07ROUSHSTG3
06-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Eric,
Wanted to say thanks for setting up a well run event. My friends and I had a great time on Saturday morning. Sounds like some big iron showed up on Sunday. Since I already had my numbers from Saturday, I didn't chance the storms.

If you get it back later this year I'll be over for sure. We'll see how much the heads, intake, and cam can add to the 346 hp I've got now.

Thanks again,
Scott

thanks for coming! your car made some nice power. like i said, i am trying to buy the dyno myself, but i am not sure if they are going to sell it to me. Randall, the guy running it loves that thing, it is his baby and he does not want to see it go. we want to have it back, just not sure if it pays to have it back this year or if we should make it an annual thing like we originally were going to?

GRAMPS SS
06-04-2007, 01:45 PM
eric...had a blast, can't wait till the next one...but may be bringing another car....seems one of the ROUSH guys called and made and offer on the car....:thumbsup

moels
06-04-2007, 04:28 PM
I bet the Roush Wagon went for a pretty penny!

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
there will be a next time, just not sure when. the weather will be better next time..........................i hope!

GRAMPS SS
06-05-2007, 11:20 AM
^^^^^^^^^you need shirts for the next show for all that attend :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

BAD LS1
06-05-2007, 11:52 AM
thanks for the props, 410/398 un-corrected is nothing to sneeze about, IMO, for just a cam, headers and tune. (if i'm doing the math right, I'm no genious on that stuff)

thanks for the props, I actually talked to a professional SHOP today, since I was concerned about the fall off up top, and they told me I should have run it w/out the muffers bolted on, as flowmasters around this power level and up can be a limiter, esp. when in 2.5". Makes sense since my peak should have been higher in the RPMs and more power.

Hearing it on the dyno, confirmed my dislike for the sound in the "mid tones" anyway, and I'll be switching to back magnaflow at some point for sound and flow.

Camming it moved up my torque peak, but the HP peak didn't budge that alone tells me it's giving up some due to lack of exhaust flow. It should be peaking at a higher RPM instead of falling off, so I learned something useful.

To wrap it up, I'd like to say I had an awesome time. I really appreciate what you and them all did for us, Eric. Nicole and I will definately do it again next year, hoping to be sporting a Vorteched v6 next time. Without the use of the dyno I wouldn't have found out some important stuff yesterday like I was able to.

Told ya you needed dual 3" and good mufflers, no need for cut outs then.

jbiscuit
06-05-2007, 11:58 AM
wow with all that power I think GVR4Johnny should retract his offer to run the Kangaroo

07ROUSHSTG3
06-05-2007, 01:38 PM
i dont think i have any pictures of any members other than braemerz28:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/07ROUSHSTG3/IMG_7582.jpg

BraemerZ28
06-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Kewl - thanks for posting that pic! My buddy Ryan took some vids, but no pics.

Just to clarify - the numbers that were posted on the charts WERE corrected to SAE standard, weren't they? That's what the guy running the laptop told me. There was a post farther up on this page that said uncorrected. Just want to be sure if I need to do any multiplication or not.

Later,

07ROUSHSTG3
06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
:popcorn

moels
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I guess my POS is probably at 100hp and 123rwtq then. Guess what, don't really care. I have a 12.81 timeslip and I don't see what the argument is all about. I like my car and you guys like yours.

TURTLE
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM
since nobody's said it in a while...

i love lamp!

Yooformula
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
this crap is old and needs to go to PM or settle it face to face. going back to topic...

Reverend Cooper
06-06-2007, 09:55 PM
yeah your right ^ i wont respond about that particular topic anymore. sorry. eric the dyno deal is cool and i hope its something that you guys doo at least once a year. its nice to see roush excited to be so involved with the dealer you work for!

Poncho
06-06-2007, 09:59 PM
as stated previously, we had a great time, all of us, me, cole, wayne & wayner.

pretty sure we'll all be back next year.

i was also misinformed by one of the reps there to what the info on the dyno actually meant. here is the other two pics from the runs.

http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/lomira/P3211120.JPG
http://webpages.charter.net/djbriones/lomira/P3211102.JPG

Reverend Cooper
06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
wow wang is that your car up there awesome those numbers you should on your sheet are truly great for the little you did!

moels
06-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I just wish I had a full bottle.

Reverend Cooper
06-06-2007, 10:06 PM
theres always next time. and get it filled. that thing will put down huge numbers then!

Yooformula
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
wayne that car looks HOT! what kind of rims are those?

Poncho
06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
FR500's?

same as Coops I bee-leave.

moels
06-07-2007, 04:29 AM
Yep, same as Coop's but black. Thanks for the compliment Yoo.