PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunner/Cable help

LIL EVO
06-04-2007, 12:40 AM
So internet/cable was hooked up today. Router/modem is in Wikkeds room. His TV and the modem are on a splitter. Every couple hours the connection is lost and the cable light flashes on the modem. The TV still has signal.

Only way to regain internet is to unplug the cable line from the wall and plug it back in again.

WTF is the issue?

Modem/etc is all the same and worked fine for a year at the old place.

Car Guy
06-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Contact Ricky Bobby (the BCM'er formally known as GunmetalZ28), he should still work for Time Warner and he was a HUGE help for me. Now mind you that was after 4 or 5 'techs' were sent out to my house not finding anything wrong, and not to mention the hours I spent on the phone with Time Warner numerous times.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

300pny
06-04-2007, 08:04 AM
If its on a wireless/multiport hub/router take it and the and splitter out of the picture,conect directly to a PC and see if it still happens. IF it does I would prob say its either the Router from RR or your signal is week and RR can come out and install an amplifier. Since it worked at the old place I would say its the signal. I had this same issue when I live in Salem.

Good luck

Cryptic
06-04-2007, 09:15 AM
sounds like a week signal... Call the tech support explain your symptoms, I've had good experiences getting issues like this resolved in the past.

Car Guy
06-04-2007, 09:17 AM
I've had good experiences getting issues like this resolved in the past.

You must have talked to a different Time Warner, I got nothing but the same old excuses from everybody there and nothing worked.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

sacstoy02gt
06-04-2007, 09:36 AM
My signal has just died off in the last few days. The earliest I'm getting a tech out is Friday! (And I'm a business class RR customer).

Had it die off while firefighting a huge production issue at work one early morning, not cool at all.

300pny
06-04-2007, 09:45 AM
My signal has just died off in the last few days. The earliest I'm getting a tech out is Friday! (And I'm a business class RR customer).

Had it die off while firefighting a huge production issue at work one early morning, not cool at all.

Call you buisness class sales rep, I always go through him instead of tech support if I get D1c'ed around

Brandon W.
06-04-2007, 08:20 PM
man ive never had problems with my Road Runner. must be a milwaukee thing...us country folk don't have problems with our intermaweb

wikked
06-04-2007, 09:39 PM
man ive never had problems with my Road Runner. must be a milwaukee thing...us country folk don't have problems with our intermaweb

we're not in milwaukee..... country boy =P

LIL EVO
06-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Moved the splitter to split only tv signals. The RR is now fed off of one splitter in the basement. It's been fine all day. Guess it doesn't like being split twice.

300pny
06-04-2007, 11:06 PM

I had more issues with mine on Salem..In BFE than I have here in the burbs

Ricky Bobby
06-05-2007, 08:12 PM
the more splitters in line the more signal u lose and also the bigger the splitter the more signal u lose, all lines should run to one splitter in a main location of house for the least amount of problems :thumbsup

theavenger333
06-06-2007, 12:31 AM
it also GREATLY depends on how nice of splitters you have. the nice cable service, as well as Roadrunner simply are too powerful to be using puney 800ish mhz splitters. we have 2 lines running into the house, one splits once modem and main cable box. the other is split 3 total times to the rest of the house, and since i got 1200+ mhz splitters the picture and such has stayed excellent. the Buisness class RR pumps at the proper speed too

WilliamZ
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM

You guys have cable out there?

Ricky Bobby
06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
yea cable covers out to lake geneva and up towards eagle area

Brandon W.
06-06-2007, 07:35 PM
You guys have cable out there?

you bet we do.. we have like 4000 people in union grove. its a damn city as far as im concerned.:rolf